• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legends of Arkain - BloodStone Dwarfs

Legends of Arkain - BloodStone Dwarfs bundle
Inspired by the Great Custom Campaign "Legends of Arkain"

The bundle contains:

King Ragnar Bloodstone: Dwarven Battlepriest by Tranquil
BloodStone Elite Rifleman: Rifleman by Ujimasa Hojo
BloodStone Mage: Dwarf Archmage by Sellenisko
BloodStone Warrior: Dwarf Warrior by General Frank
BloodStone BearRider: Dwarf knigh by Direfury

!!! Will be added few more units wich are not yet finished !!!

All models use the path: blackorderarmour.blp

Big thanks to my man r.ace613 who made this great Icons for all the models !!!
Also big thanks to tillinghast for animation changes on the EliteRifleman !!!
Make sure to check out his other fantastik work aswell.
I also want to say huge thanks to all the original authors for allowing me to edit there models and make possible this bundle.

Fixed Ragnar - removed unused keyframes and bones
Fixed EliteRifleman - removed unused keyframes and missing animations , also helmet showing in decay animation
Previews
Contents

Blood Stone Warrior (Model)

BloodStone Elite BearRider (Model)

Blood Stone Warrior Portrait (Model)

BloodStone Elite Rifleman (Model)

BloodStone Mage (Model)

BloodStone Mage Portrait (Model)

Ragnar (Model)

Ragnar Portrait (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
An excellent bundle of 'Arkain' themed dwarven models. Very well adapted model from other authors as well as good edits to regular ones. Great job!
Level 48
Hell yeah, those are great! If you give them grey skin, they could work very well as Dark Irons as well! You could maybe do something through Geoset Animation colouring. Could be nice, especially if you give them all glowing red eyes as well, and maybe introduce some lava motifs throughout their gear.

If I may make a few recommendations:

The Rifleman's gun looks a little weird. The shapes are sort of too amorphous and especially the wrap at the end of it looks a little off. I'd maybe add a metallic animal head to the end of it, 3D modelled - something like the lion from the human ships, the eagle from the siege engine etc. And change the shape a little so it's less like a blob and more like a gun.
All of them have blue eyes. There are other textures in the game, and I'd definitely give them different eye colours to differentiate between the different units better. There are grey, red, green, light blue, pink and brown eyes that I know of. I'd also try and differentiate the faces of the Rifleman and Warrior a little more, by using a different texture (maybe Bandit or Bandit Mage?), and change up the silhouette of their helmets a little. Use different styles for each of the units - this applies to the Knight as well. The Knight could use a winged helmet, for example, or big antlers like on an elk. The Rifleman could use a simple skull cap, undecorated, or perhaps some sort of metal coif.
The Mage's head looks too similar to the Paladin. I'd use a different 3D base and wrap the Paladin's texture on it - anything will do, but I'm thinking one of the in-game dwarves would be suitable. Otherwise, just break up the silhouette a bit - make the nose bigger and wider - forehead more squat - eyes further apart, etc. Anything to make it look a little less familiar to its origin.
I also think the custom texture is largely unnecessary as much of this can be done with in-game textures and vertex colouring, but... One custom texture for all of those models is fine, I suppose.
Is the Mage's staff supposed to be white and untextured? It is that way in your screenshot as well as in "View in 3D". Is it fine in-game or did you mean for it to be like this?

Last edited:
Level 34
Hell yeah, those are great! If you give them grey skin, they could work very well as Dark Irons as well! You could maybe do something through Geoset Animation colouring. Could be nice, especially if you give them all glowing red eyes as well, and maybe introduce some lava motifs throughout their gear.

If I may make a few recommendations:

The Rifleman's gun looks a little weird. The shapes are sort of too amorphous and especially the wrap at the end of it looks a little off. I'd maybe add a metallic animal head to the end of it, 3D modelled - something like the lion from the human ships, the eagle from the siege engine etc. And change the shape a little so it's less like a blob and more like a gun.
All of them have blue eyes. There are other textures in the game, and I'd definitely give them different eye colours to differentiate between the different units better. There are grey, red, green, light blue, pink and brown eyes that I know of. I'd also try and differentiate the faces of the Rifleman and Warrior a little more, by using a different texture (maybe Bandit or Bandit Mage?), and change up the silhouette of their helmets a little. Use different styles for each of the units - this applies to the Knight as well. The Knight could use a winged helmet, for example, or big antlers like on an elk. The Rifleman could use a simple skull cap, undecorated, or perhaps some sort of metal coif.
The Mage's head looks too similar to the Paladin. I'd use a different 3D base and wrap the Paladin's texture on it - anything will do, but I'm thinking one of the in-game dwarves would be suitable. Otherwise, just break up the silhouette a bit - make the nose bigger and wider - forehead more squat - eyes further apart, etc. Anything to make it look a little less familiar to its origin.
I also think the custom texture is largely unnecessary as much of this can be done with in-game textures and vertex colouring, but... One custom texture for all of those models is fine, I suppose.
Is the Mage's staff supposed to be white and untextured? It is that way in your screenshot as well as in "View in 3D". Is it fine in-game or did you mean for it to be like this?
Thank you my man!
The rifleman gun was supposed to mimic more of a cannon gun then a simple rifle but I like the idea of having an animal 3D head so will deff look into it.
I have little to zero experience on geoset animation texture , didn t knew I can do that so I will experiment a little bit on that ( could help me alot to avoid constant use of custom textures)
The mage staff is something I forgot to change :))
About the helmets and armour I wanted to look similar to each other but will most likely add diff variants so the bundle and the faction has more diversity ( also eye textures and other tweaks )

Cool models, man! The textures and armor details have their own unique style, I like what you are doing here 👍
On a quick look, I found that the BloodStone mage's staff is standing during the 'Decay Bone' sequence:
Scepter.gif

There are some other less significant things that I noticed, just PM me if you want to add more perfection👌
You should also optimize the Bear Rider 🤕

Last edited:
Level 34
Cool models, man! The textures and armor details have their own unique style, I like what you are doing here 👍
On a quick look, I found that the BloodStone mage's staff is standing during the 'Decay Bone' sequence:
View attachment 397459
There are some other less significant things that I noticed, just PM me if you want to add more perfection👌
You should also optimize the Bear Rider 🤕
Thank you for telling me man , will correct the staff and also change it a little.
I know about the bear rider, I just had nt had the time to optimize it yet
Weeell , I might have some favours to ask you in the future about some models now that you mention it :p