• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Legend's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Legend's Legacy - By Aniria
bannerfans8773325.jpg

Leinad, A hero and light and justice of the lands of Culard. Protected the lands of Demons,Vampires, Lycan, The Undead, and even the shadows themselves. Protecting the land for too long left him defenseless at the one point of his heart...his daughter. She was killed by the evil force that he had fought for many years.

Slowly Corrupting, Leinad set off for a way to bring her back, during this he was turning into a shade of what he once was, a man of justice and righteousness. Now a fiend of darkness and hate. As he was being decieved by the shadows that once was an innocent man, god has denied eternal rest with his daughter and now he shall bring his seething vengeance upon Culard, causing a rift between Heaven and Earth.

Aniria - Project Leader/Scripter/Storywriter
Fladdermasken - Resource Manager

Alpha

General

*Single life system removed. Players have 10 lives by default(easy mode)
*Difficulty system added, Various changes to game per difficulty.
*Faction system will be used more in the future.
*Focused power drops more frequently
*You now have a very very low chance to gain a life from tough monsters or bosses.
*Ability Icons changed.
*Changed Concept of Focused Power Special.

This map is a Stratedgy/ RPG / Hack and Slash map. It will have 3 difficulties; Easy, Normal, Hard. The difference of difficulty on each of them is massive. You will have a set of lives, when it reaches 0. Game Over. You can gain lives back by killing bosses. The hero; The Soul hunter is a ranged type hero that specializes with trapping units such as ensnaring them, damaging them, poisoning them. All her abilities work in synergy with eachother if used correctly. During the map you may encounter Companions depending on your Faction(See Faction Below). Once they die, they will not return like you can. You don't however have a limit. Choices and endings in the game will depend on your faction levels.

Focused power is a mechanic used by the Soul Hunter, It can either be gained by obtaining them from crates/monsters. or transferred from Souls. When the Focused Power Bar hits 10, the soul hunter will be able to use a special ability given to her once. Once used the focused power will return to 0. If it however is not used within 45 seconds it will Deactivate.

Vengeance:
Vengeance is the Ability from focused Power

Summons Angry souls that thurst for vengeance around the soul hunter, The souls will rip and tear enemies nearby apart. Any enemies that die to these souls are taken away return to the soul hunter, healing herself for 100-350.

Factions

The hero will have to deal with factions throughout the game depending on what you do as the hero you will gain faction points. Depending on your faction level you may get a different ending at the end of the map or different benefits throughout the map.

The way you maintain in the good faction is if your faction points are (more than 5). You can gain them by doing good deeds such in saving a rebel from a group of monsters or sidequests. If you are good you have high chances of npcs aiding you in battle or gaining temporary companions(good). You also have a higher rate of recieving Health Orbs.

Neutral faction is obtained if your faction points stay at 5. Currently no perks are added for this.

If you maintain the evil faction your faction points are (less than 5). You gain evil points by doing bad deeds such as killing the innocent, robbing npcs, threatening npcs, or doing sidequests. If you are evil you have higher chances of gaining Focused Power. Your critical chance of dealing damage is also increased. However most good npcs will be wanting to keep a distance from you or attack you on sight. Evil factioned heros can also gain temporary companions(evil)

war32010122119381930.jpg

skeletalkingscreenshot.jpg

fleshtitanss.jpg

worldedit12120101126210.jpg

worldedit12120101126211.jpg

worldedit12120101126211.jpg

worldedit12120101126211l.jpg

Are you interested in joining this project?
Well, your in luck if you are skilled in one of the jobs below!
If you are interested please PM me, Others jobs not listed may be available(for instance, After effects skills for trailers.)
Jobs Available:
Voice Actors
A modeler/Skinner
Artist
Specific Systems Scripter

--Resources--
Kimberly
Cloudwolf
donut3.5
UTM
darkdeathknight
Ampharos_222
Dionesiist
tee.dubs
PyramidHe@d
67chrome
olofmoleman
--Triggers--
Booody
--Etc.---

Released, check bottom of post.

Attachments

• Legend's Legacy DEMO.w3x
    14.6 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 11
I can help you with models, but only doodads not character models.

Now about the map....
An interesting concept, and a nice story to back it up. One thing I would suggest is to show Leinad as a protector of Light and Justice, instead of showing him as a protector of Religion. Instead of God denying him eternal rest, make it that the darkness within him refrains him from joining his daughter in peace. Just a suggestion though, its your story after all.
Terrains are not over the top but very atmospheric. Use high res textures for walls and statues. Maybe someone can help you out with this.
Overall the map looks fun to play and I do hope you finish it soon.
Good luck friend!

Level 15
Its really difficult to identify the creeps, since they blend really well with the background. However, it does create a rather Diablo-ish atmosphere.

The gameplay seems fine, but I think you could use a set of icons that are more similar in color. If you want to, a dark-themed set of icons could make the atmosphere more dark and dangerous. It would also work nicely with the custom UI that you have imported.

Lots of imports there, but pretty well used. Try to keep the file size low :)

Level 5
In need of decent voice actors at the moment.
Preferences:
Female Voice actress.
Male Voice Actors that specialize in monsters such as Vampires/Lycan
Male Voice Actor.
Voice actor that specializes in ghosts/liches/skeletons.

Level 5
You know credits means naming every person right?

You do understand that naming every single resource author off of memory would be near impossible right?

THUS I quote myself :

Of course, Credits to those who's resources I am currently using. Im not going to name every single person,you should know who you are ;)

If they want to inform me that they really would die without their name posted on the thread for credits then they can pm me, now stop going off topic and stay on the topic of this map please.

Level 5
Pushing for Demo by end of this week/next week.

Screenshot of the crypt's first boss, the Flesh Titan.

Resources in the screenshot are subject to change and there are placeholders.

fleshtitanss.jpg

What will the Demo contain? It will only Contain the Crypts section of the map.

Level 5
Updated the OP a Bit and reworked Vengeance.

Vengeance:
Vengeance is the Ability from focused Power

Summons Angry souls that thrust for vengeance around the soul hunter, The souls will rip and tear enemies nearby apart. Any enemies that die to these souls are taken away and return to the soul hunter, healing herself for 100-125.

war32010122119381930.jpg

You will see souls float up in the air if an enemy is killed by one.

Level 5
Demo uploaded, Please take notice that it is basically still in alpha, terrain and some content of it may be unfinished and this is just a showoff of what the map is about. Have fun and enjoy it! Please if you test it, post a comment with a review, showing bugs and suggestions.

Also, Im the only one working on this project and have patience of bug fixing and such. Im only human :)

Thanks!:ogre_haosis:

Check first post for download.

Level 14
I think firstly you should address the skills. None of them seem to do any real good for me.
The teleport is useless as it's range is so small and casting time so long that simply running would get me to the desired destination in much quicker time.
The "Focused Power" ultimate spell does absolutely nothing, it summons an SFX that lasts a second and a half, then disappears without causing any effect to nearby enemies.
The only really useful spells are the two AoE/DpS spells, and even then they share the same hotkey, so instead of using death trap, I use Explosive shot. Furthermore, all of the cooldowns are too long in general, for this specific type of map it's good to think of certain aspects a character needs to survive, especially by themselves. These aspects would in my humble opinion be:
Mobility, the hero must be able to get away from enemies swiftly and with efficiency.
This was touched upon, but simply increasing the movement speed exponentially, while giving the hero a weak blink, is simply not good enough

Survivability, the hero, if going into a massive crypt full of overwhelming odds, should have the capability to heal him/herself in some form or fashion. Without being the 'main' meaning behind the hero's skill agenda.

Only thought of through the use of orbs, which is insufficient as healing orbs are hardly ever spawned, while I constantly obtained more and more useless Focused Powers.

Damage/Nukes, if the hero is incapable of killing enemies in a reasonable time period, the game becomes monotonous and seemingly endless. Likewise, if it becomes too easy to kill the supposed "Special mobs" than the game is similarly boring. Because of this, your hero should have well-balanced nukes, giving the ability to slow, stun, bleed, or otherwise have some special effect on the target, hindering it's assault. Such skills should also be quite versatile, thus meaning AoE is a prioritized necessity.

I did like the map, it has nice ideas, but plenty to build upon. Keep working on balancing and you should be good to go!

Level 5
Thanks for the feedback, there was actually an error in the script for the seperate demo map for the focused power ability. it will be fixed in the new version. Waiting on more feedback before anything gets changed besides a few things I noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.