• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] More Factions Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
More Factions Mod 0.8 ALPHA [In this version Murlocs and Nagas]

210yotz.png

It's for 1.26

I'm making mod that adds new factions.

Planned factions:
-Murloc
-Nagas
-M'uru
-Goblins

For now I'm working on first faction: Murlocs.

Gameplay of Murlocs is completly different.

Tactic
Normal factions fight in convenctional way. Murlocs uses guerilla warfare.
They don't have chance in brute fight but they can make traps, swimm, hide in darkness etc.

Resources
They also can't use mines but instead they can build fish magazines and order their hunters to gain money from fishes in water. Your hunters gather more money from fishes that are away from yours starting location.

It makes that murlocs gain profits from expanding and they don't need to care about controlling gold mines so enemy can't force them to fight in open field.

Incubating
In traditional WC3 factions u train units in buildings. Murlocs puts eggs to water. They must wait then some time...
After some time uncontrollable tadpole leaves from egg. After that stage tadpole transforms into Larva. Larva is controllable but very naughty. But You can order larva to transform into one of adult forms... Hunter, worker etc.

Testers said that murlocs are their favourite race. Gameplay is completly different and You need to find more tactics and use your brain to won with opponets who have better equiped army.
Give me ideas what races You would to see!

Gameplay:

Murlocs:
That faction prefers Guerilla warfare. Murlocs are too weak to fight in open battles but can defeat enemy using micromanagment, "hit and run" tactic and traps.

-Train units by planting eggs.
-Gains gold from fishing. Bonus income if for Fisheries built away from starting location.
(use Hunters to gain gold from Fishery).
-Gains +20 more gold for killing enemy units.
-Can't use gold mines
-Addicted from water
-Move Oracles near points where hunters brings fishes to incrase income

Nagas:
Nagas prefers expensive but strong units.

For now I just copied Naga faction from campaign but I'm going to develope it more.

Changelog:

0.8B ALPHA
-Added Oracle
-Added infos over killed units about bonus gold
-Fixed critical bug that did not allow murlocs to fish

0.8 ALPHA:
Relased for public testing
Bug: Undeads are unplayable

Please note that screenshoots are in polish but I made english version for You to download

PS: What version of warcraft 3 do u prefer?

Attachments

• Murloc.rar
    3.4 MB · Views: 323
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 5,482
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    944.9 KB · Views: 360
  • WC3ScrnShot_113013_221317_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_113013_221317_01.jpg
    984.2 KB · Views: 1,052