• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Legacy] Modders Idea Factory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I guess i can request something here for DJ while he's absent.

1. Returned

Primary Attribute: Strength
Map Theme: Warcraft
Map Kind: AoS
Number of Spells: 4
Number of Normal Spells: 3
Number of Ultimates: 1
Restrictions: He has power of demons and blood. Not too advanced, and a little simple.
Little Lore: Tichondrius has returned. He wants vengeance. This is because before the Invasion of the Burning Legion on the World Tree, he (general of the Legion) was murdered by Illidan who had consumed the Skull of Guldan.
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Tichondrius
Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-60992/?prev=search=flesh%20demon&d=list&r=20

2. Shadow Weaver (may be changed)

Primary Attribute: Agility
Restrictions: -
Little Lore: A rare draenai (i think), known as the unbroken, she sided with Illidan to wipe out the Legion.
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Undecided
Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...2799/?prev=search=unbroken%20sage&d=list&r=20

Last edited:
Level 19
kay kay, hope it doens't end in trash like other big old requests I remember.

Hero Name - Attribute
Abilities:

Absorb liveforce - No target
Steals X% life of all units in a X range, were X% cannot by more than 10% of life of that units. The closest unit to the hero will get 50% life stolen instead.
Range: ?
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Notes: A somehow healing spell. HIGH mana cost

Demonical curse - Single Target
Curses the targeted unit, dealing X damage per sec, and Y extra for being closer to the hero. Slows down by Z% increasing when near hero. At the end of the buff target gets Y% bonus movement speed. If unit dies for curse damage, it implodes in a small area, provoking this spell to be casted on units on those area, whit half duration.
Range: 1000
Cooldown: 100 seconds
Notes: Combo whit first is pretty obious. COSTS LIFE

Demon blood - No Target
Passive. Hero uses X% of his life on each spell casted to deal bonus damage equal to that percent. Hero's life cannot go under 40% whit this effect. Increases life regen by 1% per each 5% of mana missing.
Range: -
Cooldown: - seconds
Notes: This will force you to get more mana than life.

Ultimate:
Requiem of blood - Area Target
Autocast. Castes a huge blood stomp under hero, that travels X meters and them comes back. Damage done by this blood wave will get transformed into mana for the hero. Units that die whit this spell will heal hero by the same amount than their maximal life. This spell only outcastes when mana is under 10%.
Cooldown: 25 seconds
Notes: Costs plenty of LIFE. a mana regenator for those awkards moments.

Level 10
Don't worry i take everything into account. But, i need to know, i am still quite unclear of mostly the Storm Spirit's hero idea which you helped a while back. And, i want the voice from Tichondrius's Birth Sound "I Have Returned" to be added cuz it's so epic and i want it to be included in the ultimate. Will it fit? Sorry for adding this in the last minute.

Level 9
I have a map idea for you, an improvement of another.
So you should try this map before.
It's a micro management arena.

Maybe someone can make a map with this :

Base map :
xMicro arena by Sankaku (or Micro arena from Cattlebruiser)

Concept :
It's a tournament 1v1 where you build your army in 2 minutes, and then you fight the other players. After the tournament, Red choose the modes again and everybody makes a new army

Improvements :
In the xMicro version (2010), you can only choose units from the same race. It's a good idea as a mode or option in the beginning.
Same thing for the ability to buy objects in Shops.

The heroes also cost some ressources like gold or wood or a newer one you add with a multiboard on the side of the screen, also each player can choose the level of his hero (depends of the same ressource) and even may buy some items.
This is needed because 5food for a hero is too low compared to its power and everytime Red allows hero to be in the tournament, if you don't pick em up, you'll lose 99% sure.

Everytime u pick a new unit, it decreases the amount of unit until next tournament, why ? to avoid massing banshees and sorceress and necromancers.
The amount of unit depends on the food limit. And player should be able to pick their units from their own buildings (to avoid sharing the same amount of unit for all players)

Also another mode would be great : "Best of" (lol).
Red makes an army, and fight either an AI or Blue.
The players can modify their army until their time to play.
If someone beats Red (or the Winner between Red and Blue), he replaces him. Otherwise it's always Red vs someone until he loses. Etc... So you can try ur strategy against different players.

I have more modes ideas but i think it's enough for now

Level 19
are we suppose to remake the map? rework it? in of those cases, we don't make maps because it would take to much time and effort, whit low reward... Also rules says that you have to get a permission to edit someone elses map. Finally, if a distinged member of this facility makes a map, them, we will loose a request responser for a LONG time. And we aren't so much to have that privilege. Maybe you should make a map factory?

Level 19
I'm sorry, but we do not and will not offer/accept any map idea submissions. Sorry, but you may post this on a separate thread of your own. The only non-member content we can get is the hero files, since there is a higher chance of people to use these files (even though it is really slim) rather than using a map idea made by another user, no offense though.

Level 11
Thank you Paillan. I will try to do my best. :)

Little Lore: A rare draenai (i think), known as the unbroken, she sided with Illidan to wipe out the Legion.
Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...2799/?prev=search=unbroken%20sage&d=list&r=20

Lythra -Shadow Weaver (Agility)[r]
Abilities:

Deadly Grasp - No Target
Lythra stuns every enemy unit nearby and marking them with the Deadly Grasp buff. All opponents which has the Deadly Grasp buff will receive damage equivalent to xx% of Lythra's Agility. She also gains vision on all of the opponents which carry the Deadly Grasp buff.

Life Break - Unit Target
Lythra sends out a deadly blue light to the targetted unit dealing XXX damage while also slowing it by xx% for y seconds.

If lifebreak was casted onto an opponent which has the Deadly Grasp buff. She deals an addtional damage to it equivalent to x% of Lythra's agility. She then blinks to the targetted opponent after the damage is dealt.

Enchanted Strikes - Passive
Whenever Lythra strikes an opponent, she deals damage equivalent to x% of the opponents current HP. She then gains xx% attackspeed for every consecutive hit onto the target, if Lythra changes target the attackspeed bonus is then reset.

Ultimate:

Ferocious Leap - No Target
Lythra stealths herself gaining invisibilty and an additional xx% movement speed. When Lythra targets a unit while stealthed, she leaps onto the opponent while dealing XXX damage and silencing it for x seconds. If Lythra leaps onto a target with a deadly grasp buff, she also stuns it for x seconds.

Owners of the Icons used:
4eNNightmare
Apheraz Lucent
CRAZYRUSSIAN
dickxunder
stonneash

I hope it was good enough. :)

Level 11
haha. I am finally back. I got a copy of warcraft now too. :)

Ill be glad to take up requests. :) nice to see you again dj :D

Level 1
I'm at first here and it's my hero request. Sorry for my English...
Primary Attribute: intelligence
Map Theme: Warcraft, the goal is to collect all the artefacts, which drop from bosses upon death
Number of Normal Spells 3
Restrictions: The hero should be a monk, melee, he has only one offensive spell (ranged) and others are defensive. If he would have a passive skill, please make some aura. Monk should have not more than one passive or he could have zero.

Level 11
I will take it just wait first. :)

Primary Attribute: intelligence
Map Theme: Warcraft, the goal is to collect all the artefacts, which drop from bosses upon death
Number of Normal Spells 3
Restrictions: The hero should be a monk, melee, he has only one offensive spell (ranged) and others are defensive. If he would have a passive skill, please make some aura. Monk should have not more than one passive or he could have zero.

Franta -Monk of Light (Strength)[r]
Abilities:

Punishment - Unit Target
Franta calls forth a blinding light which will link Franta and the target together, as long as the target is within XXX range from Franta, the link will not break. The linked unit will receive xx damage everytime Franta casts a spell. The linked unit will also receive xx% of what Franta is receiving as damage.

Light's Blessing - No Target
Franta emits holy light from his body which will slow all enemies within XX range around him by xx% on both movement and attackspeed.
Franta will also gain a Blessing Buff which will reduce all sorts of damage to
him by xx% for a short duration.

Force of Light - Passive
Franta is surrounded by holy light which will give him a xx% chance to blind an opponent who will attack him. It also gives Franta and all surrounding allies XX bonus armor.

Ultimate:

Defense of the Light - No Target
Franta is surrounded by barriers of holy light which will absorb XXX damage. While the barriers are not destroyed, Franta gains XX HP per second, once the barrier is destroyed, all opponents near Franta will get damaged equivalent to how much Franta regenerated while the barrier is on.

Apheraz Lucent
Blizzard Entertainment
Justicebringer
Link_Iceblader
PeeKay
Taylor_Mouse

EDIT: Finished. :) Thank you for visiting the workshop!

Last edited:
Level 11
No problem WoRnz, you wanting a defensive type of hero got me to think it was a strength hero without me noticing that you wanted intelligence. I am sorry. :) Thank you and please come back to the factory if you want! :)

Level 19
Bad, Bad Saif :C you made us think that you were dead :C
oh look at that... I leave and suddenly there are requests :D
Let's put it in one image:
201891-albums6126-picture72694.jpg

Level 11
@Paillan, Sorry that I did not have to say that I would be gone for a while, anyway I am already here so no use bringing back the past. :) You want to take CheckeredFlag's request?

Level 10
Thank you Paillan. I will try to do my best. :)

Lythra -Shadow Weaver (Agility)[r]
Abilities:

Deadly Grasp - No Target
Lythra stuns every enemy unit nearby and marking them with the Deadly Grasp buff. All opponents which has the Deadly Grasp buff will receive damage equivalent to xx% of Lythra's Agility. She also gains vision on all of the opponents which carry the Deadly Grasp buff.

Life Break - Unit Target
Lythra sends out a deadly blue light to the targetted unit dealing XXX damage while also slowing it by xx% for y seconds.

If lifebreak was casted onto an opponent which has the Deadly Grasp buff. She deals an addtional damage to it equivalent to x% of Lythra's agility. She then blinks to the targetted opponent after the damage is dealt.

Enchanted Strikes - Passive
Whenever Lythra strikes an opponent, she deals damage equivalent to x% of the opponents current HP. She then gains xx% attackspeed for every consecutive hit onto the target, if Lythra changes target the attackspeed bonus is then reset.

Ultimate:

Ferocious Leap - No Target
Lythra stealths herself gaining invisibilty and an additional xx% movement speed. When Lythra targets a unit while stealthed, she leaps onto the opponent while dealing XXX damage and silencing it for x seconds. If Lythra leaps onto a target with a deadly grasp buff, she also stuns it for x seconds.

4eNNightmare
Apheraz Lucent
CRAZYRUSSIAN
dickxunder
stonneash

I hope it was good enough. :)

Guess i was away for a while. And it's pretty good Saif, now if i can get the lore, since i don't really know the Draenai well. Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 19
Velenia, Equilibrium shooter - AGI
Abilities:

Wind arrow -Line Target
Shoots and arrow in line, Allies that pass arrow get X% speed bonus, and when arrow hits an enemy, it deals Y damage, slowing him down by Z. Arrow travels a maximal range of X.
Cooldown: 45 seconds

Lightning shoot - Unit Target
Deals X damage and aplies purge. Has an Y% chance to cast chain lightning over Z units.
Range: 700
Cooldown: 55 seconds

Equilibrium shoot - Unit enemies/allies Target
Deals NO damage. Gives target unit a buff that makes all his stats equal to heros stats. Buff keeps for X sec.
Range: 500
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Notes: Transform you're enemies into you, ore help allies. NOTE: On units this only changes damage and defense. THIS SPELL DOESN'T CHANGES LIFE OR MANA OF UNITS!(heros of course cause they life/mana depende on STR/INT)

Ultimate:
Equilibrium - Area Target
Increases the power of all your spells by 2x. Units inside casted area get X% stats reduction. After X sec, tables turn around. Hero looses X% stats, and units inside area get 2x extra damage. Lats Z sec.
Range: 700
Cooldown: 200 seconds
Notes: Suicide ulti is funfuckintastic, note that the 2x doesn't affect equilibrium arrow. But the stat loose DOES. Note that this does affect life and mana.
This hero is a bitch.

Level 10
Request!!!
Juz a little something in a while.

1. Treant Titan

Primary Attribute: Strength
Restrictions: Needs to fill the role of support and tank, while capable of making kills on his own (probably with the right item).
Little Lore: I'll leave it for anyone interested in making the lore, as long as he sides Illidan.
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Unsure
Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...rion-48312/?prev=search=malfurion&d=list&r=20

2. Sea Witch

Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Restrictions: Make her witch-like. Very dangerous spellcaster. Ranged.
Little Lore: She's been with Illidan since the start of the chapter, you know what to do.
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Lady Vashj
Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: The usual sea witch

3. Ethereal Walker

Restrictions: One who plays with ethereal form and banishment. Must be very annoying during clashes and dangerous when coupled with heavy nukers in a lane. Ranged.
Little Lore: Bovan Windtotem was a tauren of the Stonehoof Clan. Somehow, he ended up in Outland. Illidan promises him a way out for helping.
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): Bovan Windtotem
Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: Tauren Spirit Walker

Level 19
Sorry didn't knew.
I will take da witch for now.
Lady Vash, Sea witch - INT
Abilities:

Vision of the witch - Area
Reveals the nereast enemy hero to caster, only if that hero has 10% less life than witchs current life. If no hero may be revealed, Witch's next attack will deal X bonus damage and Y area damage. If an hero is revealed, next spell that would be casted has infinite range for Z sec. Reveal has a duration of X.
Cooldown: 65 seconds
Notes: Forces you to get moar life?

Lightning strike - Area
Hero castes a charged cloud over targeted area. After X sec, a lightning will smash targeted area dealing damage equal to INT x 10% of heros current mana in that area, unit's whit mana will get 10% of damage as mana damage. If there is only one unit with mana, it will get 100% of damage and loose 20% mana.
Range: 200
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Notes: Combo with first spell is a must. Should cost lot of mana to make it less OP (since it makes a lot of damage).

Venom arrows -No Target
Passive. Each X attacks hero will shoot either a venom shockwave to facing line or shoot a charged arrow to point of selection. Venom shockwave deals X damage and has SHORT range. Charged shoot will attack selected unit dealing X damage. If hero was selected it will heal 2% of hero's mana and deal no damage. This shoot changes target if you change selection. If caster should die before shoot reaches a target, shoot explodes and deals X damage in a SMALL area.
Cooldown: - seconds
Notes: Shoot effect easily made whit a dummy arrow unit that is ordered to move to current selection. Make a system so it only works when you select one unit, to avoid any strange crash. This is a truly difficult spell.If you don't like, tell me. ONLY shockwave effects gets affected by first spell effect.

Ultimate:
Tidal bound - Unit Target
Target hero/unit looses 100% of his mana, if target has NO mana or 0 mana, it will loose 100% life instead. Hero will get mana stolen this way as bonus until he dies.
Range: 100
Cooldown: 500 seconds
Notes: EXTREMLY OP. MAKE IT COST A LOT. WORKS WITH FIRST SPELL.

Level 19
Heres the Ethereal Guy. I've surprised myself by answering a request rather early.

BTNEtherealFormOn.png

Bovan Windtotem, Ethereal Walker - INT (Support)
Abilities:

BTNReplenishMana.png

Riftwalk - No Target
Bovan slips into the Ethereal Plane, rendering him Ethereal and gaining bonus movement speed for a short duration. Passing an enemy unit slows them down and deals magical damage to them. Bovan exits the Ethereal Plane after a short duration or if he attacks an enemy unit. Lasts for a short duration.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 12-30 seconds
Notes: Scales duration and cooldown. Slow amount is mediocre. He cannot be hit by physical attacks but takes 100% more magical damage. An awesome escape spell.

Erase - Unit Target
Bovan erases the target unit from reality, rendering them Ethereal which slows them initially. They take zero physical damage but take an increasing amount of magical damage. When erased, the target unit's mana becomes zero but is regained over time. Lasts for a short duration and can affect allied units.
Range: 800
Cooldown: 15-35 seconds
Notes: Scales magical damage scale factor, duration and cooldown. When erased, their mana is set to 0 but is regenerated to 100% after the duration is over. The slow is the same slow with Riftwalk and lasts for 2 seconds. Great for assisting weakened allies or chasing down fleeing enemy units.

Essence Purge - Passive
Bovan burns the impurities of the soul of the enemy unit, which adds a portion of his INT stat to his attacks. Additionally, his INT increases per spell casted on him, with a greater increase the greater the damage. Bovan also gains increased Magic Resistance.
Range: 0
Cooldown: 0 seconds
Notes: Scales INT bonuses and magic resistance bonus. This allows Bovan to be built as a Magical Damage Tank, soaking up damage from spells. INT bonuses stack on each other and lasts 3 seconds per stack. Just make the icons border passive instead of active.

Ultimate:
Pocket Rift - Area Target
Bovan bridges the gap between the Ethereal and Material plane, trapping all units within the target area and making them take a medium magical damage upon entry to the rift and slows and deals damage to them upon exiting.
Range: 500
Cooldown: 45-70 seconds
Notes: Scales cooldown, slow and initial damage. Final damage (upon exiting) is weak and the slow is similar to Riftwalk's slow. Best when coupled with Erase.

Here's the story:

BTNEtherealFormOn.png

Bovan Windtotem, The Ethereal Walker - INT

AoS

Lore:
When the people of Azeroth talk about things larger than life, they talk about something having an aura of greatness, or they are talking about Bovan.

Bovan is not living nor dead, but something in between. In ancient Tauren scriptures, there is a story that tells of the Tale of the Executioner of Stonehoof. Once, there was an executioner of the Stonehoof Clan, back when Tauren's lived a life of brutal hardship and selection. This executioner was named Bovan, literally meaning "An Axes End", and Bovan took his job as a privilege, regarding himself as the one who brings justice to those who have done wrong. This ideal of him made him think that his mission was to cleanse the world of its impurities, thinking that he was who the ancestors sent to the Azeroth to rid it of its darkness with impunity. But he was wrong and his so-called "mission" ended at the edge of the axe - his own axe. The story taught young Taurens the importance of not stepping out of one's duty or that there is something that exists that rids the lands of its evil, and that something is Bovan.

Bovan roams the earth tirelessly ridding it of its evil. He has been stuck in it since his death and has been seen as the Tauren personification of disobedience, stepping out of one's duty and taking justice into their own hands. With the very same axe that killed him at his hands, Bovan has joined Illidan to finally rid the world of its greatest evil and prove to his ancestors that he has done right.

"Justice?! That is not justice, that is madness!"
- Tauren, upon seeing Bovan
[tr]

Bovan is a Tauren who has lost his sense of duty and plans to rid the world of evil through his alliance with Illidan and help him kill the demons, only to try and kill Illidan after the war.

He is best at team fights and chases by supporting his allies and taking them down. Bovan is best coupled with a Magical Damage dealer.

Also, Bunny you should try asking some item requests for your AoS so Paillan would have a much harder time. Lastly, can you give a request for a hero with some hard mechanics, because I want to try to make an extremely complicated hero.

Last edited:
Level 10
Wow. Thanks and i didn't think you'd like a difficult request. I'll give you one shortly XD. Now reading the heroes data.

Edit: Thanks for reminding me about items. Actually i'm kinda following DotA's basic items but i plan on changing the recipes so i'd appreciate any kind of item you can suggest. Kinda having a hard time thinking over items.

Edit 2: Puppeteer

Number of Spells: Up to you
Restrictions: A melee spellcaster. Has the ability to easily change his role according to the situation and under any circumstances, he is unkillable with the proper hands and tools. Not to be too powerful, but very complex and a very valuable asset once perfectly mastered. Also very easily killed with poor management due to his low strength gain and melee (forced to kill creeps at a very small gap between his enemies).
Little Lore: You set it. He sides with the Burning Legion
Little Info on Hero (Hero Name): -
Hero Model/Skin/Request Response: DonDustin's Puppet Master

Also, do make a very cool tutorial for this hero ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.