• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Least) Favorite Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Best -
RPG; Atlier Iris Series
FPS; Call of Duty Series
TPS (Third Person Shooter); Resident Evil 4
RTS; Warcraft Series
Puzzle; Puyo Puyo Series
2D Fighter; Capcom VS Series
3D Fighter; King of Fighters Series (They have Maxium Impact and 2006)
Hack N Slash; Samurai Warriors Series
Racing; Mario Kart Series
Platformer; Mario Series
Arcade; Metal Slug Series

Worst -
RPG; Paper Mario Series (I got to up with Super Mario RPG to be let down by this)
FPS; Doom Series
TPS; Resident Evil Code Veronica
RTS; Can't remember the name off the top of my head
Puzzle; Pokemon Puzzle League Series
2D Fighter; Kung Fu Shaq or wtf it was.
3D Fighter; Fighter Maker
Hack N Slash; Devil May Cry 2 (The only bad title in the series)
Racing; Any Sonic Racing Title
Platformer; Looney Tune Series
Arcade; Street Fighter 2 (I'm not a SF2 fan, I'm a SF Alpha and SF3 fan)

I'm sorry but there are far, far worse games out there.

Look at the ET game, or Extreme Water Sports, or Leisure Suite Larry.

Far worse.

Level 8
Best:
Banjo Kazooie (N64)
Banjo Tooie (N64)
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind (PC version)
Lego Star Wars
Lego Star Wars 2: The Original Trilogy

Worst:
Rampage: Total Destruction (Gamecube) Im sorry it got soooooo boring.

My Personal Favorite:
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaich 2 (Wii), Just because when I feel like beating up someone (like my brother), I can blow up the planet while blowing him up. And it has 120 characters, or 150, I forgot. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 36
I don't like sports games at all. They're boring and predictable, and the most realistic one out there is right outside your door.

Finally! Someone who see's how sports games are designed for idiot jocks.

I mean, I find sports games kind of fun (only on consoles and select games) but you can tell that they're made for idiots. I know! Let's release a new version next year, exactly the same as last years, except we'll have this years date on the box! People will buy millions of the same product they bought last year! Hooray!

Level 8
I think sports games are for people who dont play sports themselves and think they're oh so good by getting a goal. They need to actually play real sports, (I know I dont play real sports...). But Wii Sports is fun.

Level 6
Here's my opinion.
Best games EVER:
- Warcraft 3 ROC + TFT
- Legend Of The Dragoon
- Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9
- Diablo 2
- Heroes Of Might And Magic 3 and 5
- Sim City 3000
- Oblivion

Worst games EVER:
- Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
- Hmmmmmmmm!
- I don't know, but I don't like sport games
Wow, someone other then me who actually thought FF 9 was actually a really good game and not just some rip off of DBZ.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Duke Nukem Forever whould seriously be out of date now. . .

Well actually a true DBZ clone was Sonic the Hedgehog (360/PS3).

Update due to the poster above.
The game was not that bad, the handling was a bit bad and the games storyline made no sense but it certianly was an improvement from shadow the hedgehog. The reason it sucked I think is because they dropped alot of stuff and changed stroy line from beta to final version and did not make free patches.

Still "The Simpsons Game" ruled it over hands down. Now thats a really funny game that is a semi fighter game like that of the new spyro the dragon's (bash badies) but also is halerious in spots (the benders butchering you and preforming advanced evasion and block moves to stop you as well as having a painfull amount of HP and infinate spawn and shouting famous bender from future rama quotes). Also the japeniese game rip was a good level with rips even from final fantasy. Finally the god musik game was kick ass as an end, although a boss would have been better it still was halerious.

Level 36
Actually, Duke Nukem has undergone a ton of engine changes, DUH.

You think they're gonna release a game using 10 year old technology?! Hello, Team Fortress 2 and Prey were BOTH in development hell for 10 years, and look at their graphics and amazing gameplay, they turned out to be some of the best games of their respective release years.

The same could very much happen for Duke Nukem.

Level 19
Then why do i have it installed, and you mean theirs a newer version of it coming out now ?

Because i have
Unreal Tournament 2003
Unreal Tournament 2004

IF theirs a new one coming out i gotta get it.

Decent Games released or being :
BioShock
Halo 3
Half-Life 2: Episode 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warefare
Crysis
Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Games
Devil May Cry 4

Worest Games Release :
TimeShift
Jackass: The Game
Haze
Beowulf

Level 36
Because, if you knew anything about games, there were two previous Unreal games created BEFORE the Tournament series started:

Unreal
Unreal II: The Awakening

Unreal 3 is continuing THAT series, instead of making another tournament game they decided to have a greater emphasis on an acually story so that single player is worth it, like in Unreal 1 and 2.

UT3 is better than Crysis if you ask me. The demo made me feel this way. I compared the UT3 Beta Demo against the Crysis Beta Demo, and Crysis just didn't stand up. Crysis graphics may be a smidgen better, but Unreal gameplay just rapes all.

Crysis has that nice realistic touch to extreme graphics, but UT3 is the exact opposite.
Instead of making it so beautifully realistic it looks like a cinematic, they just make stuff look cool.
Walkers pwn all.

Level 8
FF9 was a good game, only thing I didnt think was original was that Trance spell, it made them look like Super Saiyans...Lol

Level 36
Ghost Recon on PC= BADBADBADBADBAD.

And yeah, all of the Battlefield games blow, especially 2142. I hate that game so much.

CoD4 beats Crysis in gameplay, but obviously Crysis beats all in graphics.

Unreal 3 is still my favourite shooter right now, next to the Orange Box of course.

Level 8
WOAH .. you should try call of duty 4!!! (demo)
when you play it on the lowest graphics its like battle field 2 MAX!!!!
wonder how max is then o_O
good one (lots of good games but ill just mention some)
No Game can beat the total war series :)
Call of duty (all of them)
Command and conquers (all of them)
Warcraft (all of them)
battle field ... once again (all of them)
settlers 4-6
Counter Strike
Sim City 4 :) (every one will think im a nap)

WORST GAMES EVAH:
Runescape
dragon quest
tibia -.-
There is alot of NAP games so i wont mention them all
HF!!

WORST GAMES EVAH:
Runescape

That is SO TRUE, I hate Runescape, and besides, the only fun you could possibly have is if you became a member, but even so, 5 bucks a month, sucky graphics, noises, and terrain and you only get more of that if you become a member, and the fun I mentioned isnt much at all.

Level 36
Best: (No particular order)
Warcraft 3
Oblivion
Guitar Hero (All 3)
Halo 3
Gears of War
Sonic: Adventure 2 Battle

Worst:
Two Worlds
Final Fantasy (all)
Two Worlds
City of Villains
Two Worlds

I must protest. City of Villains is probably the best MMO behind WoW on the market right now. That and Guild Wars.

And, love it or hate it, you can't deny that the Final Fantasy series is one of the most phenominal RPG's ever.

Level 8
Good Game: Rollercoaster Tycoon 2-3
Mostly because drowning your customers is fun!

Level 24
Best games:
Halo 1
Half Life 1
Super Mario Bros. (ye im serious)
Warcraft 3

Worst games:
Probably all of the playstation 2 games (except metal gear)
All movies converted into games...
Many many RPG games (mostly cus of the negative effect on ppl)
Chess (no comment...)
Halo 2 & 3 (big dissapointments for me!)

Ford GZ or whatever it was called, (it was a racing game), has extremely good graphics but its physics are weird.

If you crash into the wall at a 70-80 degree angle, it spins you the opposite way, so that you are going to the negatives. It is a really frustrating game and it takes forever to get money with not much proper instructions. It just assumes you read the book and know how to play. :(

Level 7
-Final fantasy (ALL OF THEM except the first)

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!! ff7 is the greatest RPG ever made and thats not just opinion. if it wasnt so big they would not have made a 90 min movie out of it, dredge of Cerberus, now they are making 3 games that are about what really happen before ff7.

my question is why do you hate them? the stories are a work of art and are timeless. well except ff8 that one just sucked badly. square enix is the powerhouse of computer graphics, not many companies can match the amount of detail they put into their games. they developed a custom, brand new modeling program JUST for ff advent children to make it look extra real. so i really want to know exactly why you hate them.

Level 36
Yeah, because Steam is actually amazing. It's your brothers for a reason dude, if you want to play it, then pay for it.

It's like Half Life 1, except better in every single way and more. You're missing out on the biggest thing in PC gaming. Plus the Episodes, oh the episodes, they're also full of further amounts of awesome.

Level 34
Worst game... Runescape.

For console. Well, I'm not sure. I really didn't like Shadow Hearts and Kingdom Hearts. Weird that they are both different styles, but same name and really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.