• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Least) Favorite Video Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
DotA: Fail. I bet no one saw this one coming. (It's not a stand-alone game, but come on... I had to :p)
Some people say DotA is comparable to Counter Strike. Futhermore, they have competitions for this stuff. It's justified.
Heart.jpg

Level 26
yes. he says that the other person is a moron, and because there is no completely accurate way of measuring intelligence, and he probably means moron by "stupid person", it is therefore his opinion.

Level 26
No, you're using the word "opinion" in place of fact.
"Final Fantasy sucks" Is an opinion.
"You're a moron because you think so" Is an opinion.
"You shouldn't judge someone for their opinion" Is an opinion.
"That was in reply to an opinion, therefore making it ironic" Is a fact, true or false.

Level 6
...This is my opinion, maybe its just me but. I dont get final fantasy, i dont get any game that has turn based combat and that queer magic RPG crap. You watch your characters bounce up and down up and down for about 30 minutes while you scroll through 50 different menus. PUSHING MENU BUTTONS, HOW EXCITING. I think its pretty fucking shitty. And i dont get why its so popular....
Oh god! Thankyou! I thought I was alone!

Level 7
Best:
Halo 1, 2, soon 3
Warcraft + TFT
Starcraft 1, soon 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and addons
Age Of Empires 2 and Expansion
Super Smash Bros 1 and 2

Worst:
Anything with Pokemon in the title
Anything with Yu-Gi-Oh in the title
Anything with Final Fantasy in the title

Level 9
Best:
Halo 1, 2, soon 3
Warcraft + TFT
Starcraft 1, soon 2
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and addons
Age Of Empires 2 and Expansion
Super Smash Bros 1 and 2

Worst:
Anything with Pokemon in the title
Anything with Yu-Gi-Oh in the title
Anything with Final Fantasy in the title

Have you actually ever played either FF or Pokemon? The original two Pokemon games have incredible depth and stratagy, and are really great. Those who judge the games by the stupid animé cartoon are ignorant and silly.

And since you just wrote "Anything with Pokemon in the title" I'm doubting you've played ALL the Pokemon games, or even know all of them. You're hating on something you probably know very little about.

However, if you have played each Pokemon game in each genre, then you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm guessing you've never actually played the games.

Arab4life said:
i dont get why its so popular....

Then allow me to enlighten you. The FF series is so popular for the stories it tells, and the RPG/Stratagy elements in it. People play those games the same reason they watch movies, but just decide to take a more interactive roll in the unfolding of the story.

I'm not a fan of FF, and the only few I've played I never really liked. I do, however, know why they're very popular.

And, if you're going to say "this is just my opinion..." actually sound like those words mean something. Saying "they're pretty fucking shitty" kinda takes away the feel of the words, and makes you sound foolish.

Level 26
Pokemon became repetitive after, red and blue? every game afterwards were just a mirror of red and blue with a couple bells and whistles, imo. That doesn't mean red and blue suck; quite to the contrary, i thought they were awesome and original. Every other part of the franchise, however, i hate.

On the topic of final fantasy, I've never played any of its games (though i honestly want to), but i will say right now that any mr.t-esque man with a fucking gun for an arm is more than enough reason for me to try the game out.

Level 7
Have you actually ever played either FF or Pokemon? The original two Pokemon games have incredible depth and stratagy, and are really great. Those who judge the games by the stupid animé cartoon are ignorant and silly.

I have played most of the pokemon and FF games (thanks to gamestops 1-week return policy)
Both of those games are just repetitive copies of the original. It just hsows that the makers want to try to milk the game all they can instead of coming up with an original idea for once. Both games are, what, on their 13th game or so? The most noticable difference in the pokemon series is, for example, the graphics. You still play almost everything in the same way... they haven't even fucking changed the plot from "kill teh evil doodz and beat teh bossez ten get teh uber pokemans!!".

Level 26
I have played most of the pokemon and FF games (thanks to gamestops 1-week return policy)
Both of those games are just repetitive copies of the original. It just hsows that the makers want to try to milk the game all they can instead of coming up with an original idea for once. Both games are, what, on their 13th game or so? The most noticable difference in the pokemon series is, for example, the graphics. You still play almost everything in the same way... they haven't even fucking changed the plot from "kill teh evil doodz and beat teh bossez ten get teh uber pokemans!!".
unfortunately, if your only excuse is repetition, you don't have much. you yourself said ALL pokemon games, not the latest pokemon games, not what the pokemon franchise has become, ALL pokemon and final fantasy games. IMHO, it sounds like you're jumping on a hunch that quantity means there was no quality to begin with.

Level 7
Even the first games were repetitive.. Think about it.
Charizard, use fire blast!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Charizard, use fireblast!
Squirtle fainted! Trainer wins!

Level 26
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Uhh.. learn to play strategy based games much? "Ooh, chess pieces are soo boring. All the pieces move in the same way."

Level 9

So you don't like the sequels to those select games? Then next time, don't say "anything with Pokemon/FF in it's name" or whatever...

Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!
Squirtle, use water jet!

Use stratagy. Use different Pokemon.

Just because a game spawns a bunch of copies doesn't mean the original is bad, and that's what you're implying.

Level 7
I still think that pokemon is lame.
Chess and pokemon are completely different. If you look, the only difference is the names and pictures of the pokemon.. Other than that, they are all exactly the same; even the attacks are the same thing, either they do damage, give your enemy a chance to miss, or make you stronger.. If you look at chess, then, every piece is unique, they all have very different strategies of how you have to play them. Anyways, these are my opinions, your not going to change them. I feel the good straegy games are ones like Fire Emblem; ones where each time you play you will have to use each character totally different.
In pokemon there are like, 4 factors you have to think about. Your pokemon's health, your enemies health, your pokemons type, your enemies type and the other pokemon you have. In fire emblem there are tons of factors you have to take in when going into a battle. Your health, your opponents health, your armor, your opponents armor, your attack, your opponents attack, your chance to crit, your opponents chance to crit, your evasion chance, your opponents evasion chance, your attack speed, your opponents attack speed, your weapons, your opponents weapons, the terrain type under you, the terrain type under your opponent, your movement speed, your opponents movement speed, the other units you have nearby, the other units your enemy has nearby (and every one of the above factors for your and your opponents nearby units). I could name tons more, if i had to.

Level 26
Chess and pokemon are completely different. If you look, the only difference is the names and pictures of the pokemon.. Other than that, they are all exactly the same; even the attacks are the same thing, either they do damage, give your enemy a chance to miss, or make you stronger.. If you look at chess, then, every piece is unique, they all have very different strategies of how you have to play them. Anyways, these are my opinions, your not going to change them. I feel the good straegy games are ones like Fire Emblem; ones where each time you play you will have to use each character totally different.
In pokemon there are like, 4 factors you have to think about. Your pokemon's health, your enemies health, your pokemons type, your enemies type and the other pokemon you have. In fire emblem there are tons of factors you have to take in when going into a battle. Your health, your opponents health, your armor, your opponents armor, your attack, your opponents attack, your chance to crit, your opponents chance to crit, your evasion chance, your opponents evasion chance, your attack speed, your opponents attack speed, your weapons, your opponents weapons, the terrain type under you, the terrain type under your opponent, your movement speed, your opponents movement speed, the other units you have nearby, the other units your enemy has nearby (and every one of the above factors for your and your opponents nearby units). I could name tons more, if i had to.
tl;dr

Level 9

Actually, Pokemon have stats too, other than those you listed, such as Speed. If you played the game, you'd know this. There's also the fun of catching them and arranging your own team. Catching involves just as much stratagy as defeating, especially on those than can teleport, like Abra. You can also use abilities to Sleep and the like.

i remember i had an arcade game with Mega Man like Mortal Combat but with weapons(range fight)I think it's on Mame32.

Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man: The Power Fighters are the two arcade games. They're decent enough, not nearly as far-out as the original Mega Man games.

Level 40
Actually, Pokemon have stats too, other than those you listed, such as Speed. If you played the game, you'd know this. There's also the fun of catching them and arranging your own team. Catching involves just as much stratagy as defeating, especially on those than can teleport, like Abra. You can also use abilities to Sleep and the like.
I played it ages ago, and I still found it lame for the reasons dil stated, no matter how many "teleports" or whatever they added.

Level 5
Favorite Shooter: Halo 3, hands down, though CoD4 + UT3 + Orange Box look to be up (or will be) there too...

Favorite RPG: Though I'm not much of an RPG-fan, I did think Fable and Kotors were great...haven't played much, but other great ones probabl include Oblivion, Neverwinter Nights2, etc...

Favorite MMORPG: Goonzu Online ^^!

Favorite RTS: WC3 TFT(duh). Hopefully SC2 will top it :grin:!

Favorite Strategy (Other): It sorta doesn't belong to a sub-category, but pretty much anything made by Paradox: Hearts of Iron 2, Europa Universalis, Victoria.....a strategy gamer's dream game xD.

Level 3
Hi
I really wonder why no one mentioned Dungeon Keeper. In my opinion one of the most fun games. I really loved the second part, even if the first was more extensive. I'm still playing it sometimes. The first part doesn't work on WinXP without tonnes of patches and other crappy stuff...
Also I really like Black and White (not the second part, only part one, because part two was more Age of Mythology like than BW like, even if AoM was great, too).

My favorite games of all times seem to be:

1st: Dungeon Keeper series
2nd: CnC series (except for Renegade and Generals)
3rd: Heroes of Might and Magic 3 (brilliant for playing whole days with friends on one computer!)
4th: AoE 1&2 (I don't like part 3)

I also had fun playing Zelda:The Ocarina of Time and SSB on N64, but some computer games own them in my opinion

Level 36
Orange Box owns!

Best games: Kotor, Really most Star Wars games (though clone wars and empire at war are horrifyingly bad) Fable, Portal, Half Life series, Jade Empire, Halo series, Unreal Tournament series. Warcraft 3 obviously.

Worst games: 7th evolution the cross (look it up), Big Rigs, Tetris Xbox, Jet Set Radio, Balls of Fury (wii, read the IGN review!), 18 Wheels of Steel, Rise of Legends.

Level 26
I think worst games should be limited to ones you've actually played. I don't want to hear "big rigs, big rigs, big rigs" over and over again, and it'd make more sense.

Level 36
But I actually HAVE played Big Rigs. I heard the stories, saw the videos, and determined to track down a copy of this horrifying game myself.

As demonstrated, you can go in reverse to an infinite amount of speed, you can drive off of the map, and you can drive through anything.

Level 6
Best -
RPG; Atlier Iris Series
FPS; Call of Duty Series
TPS (Third Person Shooter); Resident Evil 4
RTS; Warcraft Series
Puzzle; Puyo Puyo Series
2D Fighter; Capcom VS Series
3D Fighter; King of Fighters Series (They have Maxium Impact and 2006)
Hack N Slash; Samurai Warriors Series
Racing; Mario Kart Series
Platformer; Mario Series
Arcade; Metal Slug Series

Worst -
RPG; Paper Mario Series (I got to up with Super Mario RPG to be let down by this)
FPS; Doom Series
TPS; Resident Evil Code Veronica
RTS; Can't remember the name off the top of my head
Puzzle; Pokemon Puzzle League Series
2D Fighter; Kung Fu Shaq or wtf it was.
3D Fighter; Fighter Maker
Hack N Slash; Devil May Cry 2 (The only bad title in the series)
Racing; Any Sonic Racing Title
Platformer; Looney Tune Series
Arcade; Street Fighter 2 (I'm not a SF2 fan, I'm a SF Alpha and SF3 fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.