• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Favorite video game final boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I think mine is pretty obvious.

< (my avatar)
Master Desann from Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, the game with one of the best single-player campaigns ever. His character is the complete opposite of mine, though. I like him because he is challenging the system, and because of his cool looks and voice (no homo). I've always found villains (or anti-heroes, especially) to have more in-depth characters than the good guys, be it in video games, movies, or whatever.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

I haven't played that many video games, not so many memorable bosses. It's very hard to relate to antagonists. With that said I guess it's Teepo from Breath of Fire III, where he initially is on protagonist's side.

Level 11
@pyf First off look at the battle, secondly to me its she’s like a perfect villain, you ever been around people who are chronically pissed off, like they’re mad at the world and all they do is complain, talk bad about others and try to screw others over? To me it seems like Ultimecia has that same psychology, plus she’s an all powerful sorceress, there are other elements to it, but those are the main ones.

Level 28
Dormin from Shadow of the Colossus

The Queen from Ico

The Trickster
from the first Thief game (1998)

Father Karras from Thief II

Melchiah from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (not a final boss, but he amazed me so much back then)

The reason behind all of them is the same: background, aesthetics/character design and character development.

Level 16
Yea, like I said it was an epic battle.

It took around 8 heroes to beat her, and from what I remember you need to have really develop your scaladar in order to make the battle less difficult since he has vampiric aura which is one of the key abilities that help you win the battle (the only way to keep your units alive is to make sure Arcadia keeps attacking your tank unit, since her attacks will devastate all your other one, and your tank will live a lot longer if he has vampiric aura on him)

So yea, epic battle

pyf

pyf

Level 32
@pyf what are yours?
I do not have a favorite video game final boss, though I find the final fight against the Grand Vizier Jaffar from Prince of Persia to be enjoyable.

A boss battle worth mentioning is the one against psychic Psycho Mantis, from Metal Gear Solid. The old timers who played this game on Playstation hardware know why...

Level 16
Yeah, it's definitely a mindful, having to plug your controller into the second port to prevent mantis from reading your mind...now that's something else

Level 16
Yes, Nyx does have like 13 different "forms" but its only the attacks and weaknesses that change, also one problem I have with that battle is that if your over level 85 or so its not challenging at all...if Im not mistaken the avatar is always at level 75

Last edited:
Level 6
One of my favorites has to be the creator from aquaria, merely for the reason that its a very unique and multiphase battle that have you use all kinda of abilities that you acquired throughout your travels, here is a youtube video

Level 6
It's an independent game, not very well know but it's really cool, you get to expose a vast underwater world and encounter some exotic, strange and very peculiar creatures all while searching for the meaning of your own (the character's) existence

Status
Not open for further replies.