• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite SSBB Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I just bought SSBB (Super Smash Bros. Brawl) yesterday, and I must say, it's amazing. So I decided to start a thread discussing everyones favorite characters!

I don't think a poll could fit all the character in it, so I'll just list them all off and you can post your favorite, with a reason why that particular character is your favorite.

So, here they are:
Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus/ Zero Suit Samus, after final smash
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Marth
Mr.Game & Watch
Luigi
Diddy Kong
Zelda/ Sheik
Pit
Meta Knight
Falco
Pokemon Trainer (Charizard,Ivysaur,Bulbasaur)
Ike
Snake
Peach
Yoshi
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Kind DeDeDe
Wolf
Lucario
Ness
Sonic
Bowser
Wario
Toon Link
Robot, (R.O.B)
Captain Olimar
Captain Falcon
Jiggly puff
Lucas

Please, if I missed any inform me. I beat the entire campaign and these are all the characters I have. I believe this is them all but I may have missed one or two.

Whos my favorite character?

Ness/Lucas: I find them to be very skillful characters to use. In SSB (the first installment of the Super Smash Bros series) Ness was extremely unbalanced at very powerful, but after he got nerfed in SSBM, people hated him. I then devoted all my Super Smash time to learning how to play him well, and I did! When I play Ness/Lucas, at first I run and use rang attacks. Then when they recieve enough damage, I stop running and give 'em a baseball bat to the face. All good fun! The only complaint I have with either of them is that there "up B" is hard to use to recover from a fall with. But that's ok, I still think they both rock! Plus there final smash requires no skill or aiming to use ^^.

So post which character you like! And fon't forget to tell why!

Level 7
Meta Knight seems to be the favorite to most. His high speed spinning moves make him fun to play.

Level 8
Hard to say. Ganondorf's choking move is awesome, Captain Falcon is one of the best fighters as always, Solid Snake is cool(a Captain Falcon fan I might add!:grin:), Meta Knight is just as good as I expected, and Wolf is great for taking care of characters like Jigglypuff, Kirby, and Squirtle. :eek:I know the best character is Meta Captain Ganakelf!!!1!!!!1one!!!!:eek:

Level 5
Its a tie between sonic and toon link. Hard choice, Sonic can go super sonic and pwn everyone. And Toon link can triforce slash combo someone to pieces.:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 7
Hmmm, interesting. A lot of people seem to like characters that are more melee based, or use swords (meta knight, toon link,marth, etc). Do you think this is to do with the fact that they are good, powerful characters, or do people use them just because there just flat out cool.

Level 5
I believe its a mixture of being flat out cool, and powerful. Toon link may be small, but he can take serious punishment before flying of anywhere.

Level 5
I agree, Meta-Knight is fun and powerful, yet can die too easily when used by newbies. I find him a more Advanced character.

Level 7
Me?
My avatar sort of speaks for itself, and I kick people around the wall with Kirby
I haven't played it all that much yet, only about 7 hours (at a friend's house)I wish I could get a wii.............sob.........

Level 12
Capn Falcon and the Ice climbers.......

Show me ya moves!

And I'll eventually start using samus or link or Lucas....
-Just to use their tether recovery while short hopping as a way to keep people under control...
But not yet........

Level 7
If I feel like button mashing to piss a friend off, Link.
If I feel like playing skillfully, Kirby.

Lol, kirby is by far one of the easiest characters in the game. His down B is a shield and a high damaging move, his jump makes his fall-off recoveries simple, and his size makes him hard to hit. Often times when I meet people newer at the game i suggest they play kirby to learn the basics. Link requires more skill in SSBB then he did in SSBM or SSB, mostly because they nerfed his up B (not as fast).

Also at Ravager: Meta Knight is pretty easy aswell. He's easy to mess up with and die, but his long lasting spin moves are huge damage dealers and easy to pull off.

I find characters like Lucario, R.O.B and Jigglypuff the hardest to play. Lucario is difficult because so many people don't know wtf Lucario's down B does, and because a lot of his moves are hard to pull off (i.e. dodging his power ball (b) is simple, pulling off his down B is hard, his up B does no damage (to my knowledge), etc). There for I find lucario to be more a hit, run, shoot, run some more character.
R.O.B is hard (expecially online) because of his need to be "away". His laser (B) fucking ownz, but has a cooldown which is extremely gay. His down B pretty much sucks... no ones dumb enough to run into the top, thus it's really only good if, when you launch it, it makes immediate impact with someone. He's also not to good in melee (except for his side B which is pretty nasty) making him hard to play on small or bumpy maps. Therefore all R.O.B has in his arsenal are good "c" stick moves (I use gamecube controller), a powerful B, and a good up B. So if you play R.O.B expect to be hovering off a lot to get in an ideal laser shooting position!
Jigglypuff is fucking gay... WTF DOES HER DOWN B DO! Seriously her B moves is all she has, and that sucks to. Jigglypuff is by far the worst character and I have yet to see someone use her online.

So... yah.

Level 26
I found out Lucario's down B much faster than I figured out that of Olimar's. And Lucario's is infinitely more useful, for that matter.
His down B is a shield
Not if you're playing against someone who doesn't suck. He'll dodge you and rape you with his grab.

Level 7
I found out Lucario's down B much faster than I figured out that of Olimar's. And Lucario's is infinitely more useful, for that matter.

Not if you're playing against someone who doesn't suck. He'll dodge you and rape you with his grab.

What I was trying to say that Lucario is hard to play yet extremely good. Also Olimars down B is way easier to figure out simply because you don't have to be in combat for it to work.

Level 7
Lucario is surprisingly like Mewtwo, I think, but faster and with more traction and does more damage. His Final Smash only seems to be worth it if your enemies already have a lot of damage on them. (Everyone knows that he does more damage the more he's taken, right?)

Level 7
His final smash is great if there close to the epicenter of it and you start hitting them at the begining. However is its considered underpowered compared to impossible to miss with final smashes like ganondorfs or olimars.

Level 24
I play as Zelda, and could beat your ass back and forth. Mario is also an unbelievably beast, and Luigi sucks much less than in Melee. Peach is pretty BA. R.O.B. and Wolf are beasts. Falco is slightly cooler than he was (throwing the reflector), and Fox is still a really nice speed character. Pikachu is more powerful. Marth got nerfed :(. Samus has become more of a power hitter like Falcon, and then Zero Suit Samus is fast as hell. I just can't run Wario, but the computers are nasty as hell. I don't get it. I can't even run Dedede, and I don't understand how anyone can, unlike where I'm just not good with Wario. Gannon is funny. Link's ^B is no longer rigged (doesn't send as far, slightly slower). Toon link's bombs made me cry for joy. Jigglypuff is an unbelievable can of beatdown, except her Final Smash is totally useless. I can't run Lucario at all :(. Pokémon trainer is funny. I'm only okay with Meta Knight, though I can see how he is good. Falcon beats ass. Bowser is funny.

I usually don't use special (B) attacks (mostly excluding side+B, especially when I'm playing as someone other than Zelda), but Zelda's Din's Fire (side+B) is sooooooooo great for sniping (I break the trend by being able to play range :D). Nayru's love is so much faster than in SSBM, I sometimes just spam that when up close. Her regular attacks just beat ass, although they messed with the range on the uber damage for her side air attack. I beat ass as Sheik in SSBM, but I don't play her as much in SSBB. I can still juggle fairly well if I do, though.

Level 7
Are you following me?
I just went to User CP and you had replied to my post from like 1.5 minutes ago
I responded to that, now you're here!
I'll post this, then you'll have posted there again
Anyway, I still like Kirby

Level 24
There's a very fine line between "god" and "rigged little bitch." And what was rigged about Link's Whirling Blade was that it was executed almost instantly, and sent enemies flying far. It does the first a little bit, but not the second.

Level 24
Wolf is a beast. I've heard that he's easy to use, though. Definitely the best character I've found for the trick for getting stickers and music fast.

Level 7
I like pokemon trainer (mostly because the Nintendo people came to my house and used me for the character) because he can swap different people
I also think Samus is good, because her final smash is beast and Zero Suit Samus is really fast (and really other things, but I won't go into that)

Level 24
the Nintendo people came to my house and used me for the character
I thought they used the FR/LG male trainer?

I also think Samus is good, because her final smash is beast and Zero Suit Samus is really fast (and really other things, but I won't go into that)
That laz0r is totally beast. It can even suck in people slightly behind you. Probably the best final smash in the game. Zero Suit Samus packs a surprising punch, as light as she is.

Level 13
I play as Snake. (It looks like I'm the only Snake mainer here.)

Guy can create hazards, control the stage. His C4 can stick on his enemies (Yes, you can stick your friends, try it. It's so satisfying) his nikita is good at stealing the smash ball. He can manipulate the grenades. Hits hard with his tilts. His cypher is INCREDIBLE. And if you fail to recover with the cypher, you can use C4 and bomb yourself in order to use it again.

Snake is pretty much god in every way.

Level 24
Din's Fire is great for stealing the smash ball. Zelda hits hard with side attacks. Cypher is rigged :(
I can't really deal with Snake's air attacks. The timing is weird.

Level 7
I know that they used the FR/LG trainer, and this is the point where I make up BS about them using me for the FR/LG trainer, but lying gets boring (or am I just lying?). They used me for the Lucario concept in D/P

Unfortuanately, I can't use the character that is me very well.

Level 24
I don't use items, period, so final smashes do not factor into my use of a character, i'd say i am tied for main use on lucario\wolf\toon link, i also like snake and zero suit samus, also wtf Ike is EPIC LAME, not to hard to beat either -_^

You should at least know how to play with and without items.

I know that they used the FR/LG trainer, and this is the point where I make up BS about them using me for the FR/LG trainer, but lying gets boring (or am I just lying?). They used me for the Lucario concept in D/P

Unfortuanately, I can't use the character that is me very well.

Uh huh. I can see how Lucario is good, but I can't run him. I can't run Sheik anymore either. Out of practice :(.

Level 8
snake is pretty good, but i think hes hard to get used to at first, i prefer Meta Knight just because of his midair forward or backward A attack. Its hard to say who im best with though, just because all my friends totally suck at the game, and computers are sometimes to stupid to put up with, but my favorite 3 would have to be Meta Knight, Ike, and Samus.

Level 13
Snake is an absolute demon from hell if used right.

Whenever I play as Snake, it's gotten to the point where my friends groan when I select him. When I win, it first starts out as groaning, then leads to shouting, quitting, questioning of Snake's sexual preference, questioning of my sexual preference. It's quite funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.