1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Krasus

Submitted by Tauer
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Wow, it's been some time since I've been modeling for WC3. Don't know if the community is even alive anymore, but here goes.

I chose to make a model of Krasus, the Dragon Mage, consort of Alexstrasza, Queen of the Red Dragonflight.

It didn't turn out quite as close to the concept as I wanted, I ended up using some artistic freedom. But I think he turned out quite well.

Hopefully someone still makes stuff for this game, and has some use for him.

I might go over him again at some point, mainly to touch up on the skin again and to make a morph animation.

Free to use for anything as long as you give credits of course.

NOTE: He might be a little small compared to other heroes. Not that much though. You might wanna set his scale to about 1.10 in the WE. It depends on your taste though.

UPDATE: Made changes to the skin. More highlights and shadows. Looks more WC3-y now. Also fixed animation jitter in Stand - 1 animation

UPDATE 2: Made a few minor changes to the Walk cycle. Also changed the camera view on the portrait.

UPDATE 3: Hehe, another update. Eyes are now higher resolution, and portrait has animated eyes, yay :)

UPDATE 4: Added origin attachment point and changed camera angle.

UPDATE 5: Added weapon attachment point.

Keywords:
krasus, dragon mage, dragon, day of the dragon, night of the dragon, red dragonflight, consort, red dragon, shapeshifter
Contents

Krasus (Model)

Krasus (Model)

Reviews
12:41, 26th Mar 2014 Misha: a quite cool model, very different than blizzard's default, and it fits well. good job.
  1. 12:41, 26th Mar 2014
    Misha: a quite cool model, very different than blizzard's default, and it fits well. good job.

2. SpasMaster

SpasMaster

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The upper half of his arms look very static during the Attack animations. Otherwise, I find this as a very nice and creative model. Great job!

3. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Hm, I see what you mean. I was deliberately trying to make the attack animations not too exaggerated, to sorta imply that he's really powerful and skilled with magic. Sort of chillin' about it.
    But yeah, I see your point. I might make some changes to the anims next time I update.

4. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Never knew this was Krasus' real look. His WoW model's just a regular Elf.

5. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm.. the comments so far and the screenshot say that he could use lill bit more fluidity in his anims, despite the 'relaxed attitude', and some more shadows, highlights and contrast to really fit well within minecr.. err, i mean, warcraft :xxd:

6. Splub

Splub

Resources:
    Resources:
    There aren't too many elf models like this. I like it.

7. Edge45

Edge45

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I never thought Krasus Humanoid form is this. His hand look strange, but can be covered by a fire. Nice model anyway

8. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Well, have you actually tried downloading and testing the model? Not trying to sound over defensive, but you can't really judge animations by comments and a screenshot.

Skin is a fair point though. As I said, I'm probably gonna go over it again at some point.

Not really an elf, but thanks anyway :)

Well, as far as I know there are only these three official concepts of Krasus:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was sort of trying to go for a mix between these three images. I was deliberately NOT going for the WoW look, since I find it amazingly lazy of Blizzard to go against their original concepts and just make Krasus a regular gay looking elf.

There is fire in his hands in some of the animations.

9. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I have just opened the model :) and yes he does need some darker shading and stronger highlights.

about anims, they're pretty cool, but some of them like death and dissipate could use being slightly more fluid, stand-1 has a slight jitter at the end, that could be looked at..

but anything else is pretty cool :) keep it up in tweaking this guy

EDIT: oh and.. don't put the texture in a custom path/folder, it complicates the importing of the model

10. Chen

Chen

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Yay! I must replace him in being my Queen's consort! But I love this one.

11. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thanks for comments and feedback :)

Yeah, as I said I'll go over the skin at some point, probably not right away though.

You're right, I just noticed the jitter in Stand 1 as well, I'll have to fix that.

Huh? What do you mean? I've always set the texture path to be Textures\ ___ .blp for my models, it seems to be the norm for creating custom models in WC3. Not really sure how it complicates anything.

Anyway, I'll fix that jitter and go over the skin at some point, but it should be good enough for approval as it is now :)

12. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Alright guys, I made some highlight/shadow changes to the skin. It looks better now I think.
    I also made his hands less triangular and fixed the animation jitter pointed out by Misha.

Hope you like the changes.

13. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    i guess texture paths have been needed in the earlier days, nothing bad about them, but i've always put model and its texture just 'there', one next to the other :p

i guess it's to you to decide what's easier :p

14. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Tauer! Glad to see you back. : ) Yeah, this place is surprisingly alive; we're still having contests and stuff. Wc3C, though has unfortunately... slowed down a lot. :< (But you can't kill the Undead!)

Very interesting. I too like the idea of a "I'm so powerful I'm just chillin'" attitude, though I fear the arms/legs could move a bit more... much? I dunno, maybe it's just Spell Slam. That's a cool idea that I haven't seen elsewhere (the "foot-back ground-pound-with-one-hand"), but he doesn't seem to move much (just looking at it in War3Viewer).

Let me know if you're looking for any ideas to get back into modelling. :p

15. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Oh, I guess it's a matter of preference :)

Hey, thanks! :)
    Maybe. I guess I could take a look at the animations again. Maybe for Spell Slam, he could jump into the air first and then come down hard on the ground. Something like that, dunno. I might look into that :)

Custom Race Creation? Sounds interesting. Is it still being worked on?

16. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wouldn't link to it if it wasn't. ; )

However, I won't lie; things are very slow (3 jobs, full-time school, church&family responsibilities can do that). I'm pretty much buckling down on Jungle Trolls with whatever (miniscule) free-time I have left, so if that/those are your zen, I'd love to get a buzz (we could work it out over PMs). That being said, don't let me derail you from your awexome Clan Grunt series. But yeah, Jungle Trolls.

:p

17. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Nice model. The animations are gorgeous:)

18. Tauer

Tauer

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Thank you :)

Another update, higher resolution eyes, and also animated eyes for the portrait.

Still waiting for approval...

19. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm.. i found the lill issue ingame, the model is not showing the special effects that are created by spells, like thunderstomp, slam, it's not showing auras, and so on.. perhaps it is missing 'origin' attachment point?
    I also feel that the camera on his portrait could be having a bit different angle, so that he appears more 'epic' in it

I'll approve it when that's done :)