• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 1
great map
it's a rich complex system and gameplay

the things that make me want to play it again and again is that the map is rich of variation in gameplay. make me want to try this and that.

the bad thing is the game take a long hour play time. i download it and play it at LAN at home with my brother, it's fun and and it's okay to spent the time. and i wonder how long they play this map in battle net.

keep develop this i'll rate this map 5

edit:
if you want the newbie learn your map you should give the the single player mode.
it will give them 4 heroes in 4 class. and they just play it to live and exist and learn the civilization.
You maybe already know how to do it, just make a trigger that trap there is just 1 human player, is that right.

Level 11
- Black piranhas drop usual fish bones, that can't be used for quest - yes, the quest doesn't need to bring the bones anymore.

Some of the other bugs I already fixed, some... Hmmm, we'll see if I can.

elixirdagger, thank you for your kind words! That keeps me going.

Last edited:
Level 2
Yeahay!

This game is the bomb! It really test on how good you are in survival games plus it ain't like the other survival games that I played I hope you keep working on this it really is a great game!

Level 2
i don't even think they host this map on b.net...i never saw JTR being hosted =/
There're no battle.net JTR clans exclude JTTR
clan is not functioning at this point in battle.net
composition of clan at this time enjoys Iccup unofficial game server
JTR audience on battle.net primarily Russian, we are forced to create a map with Cyrillic game name
with the release of 4.4 JTR we probably revive our clan and take care of creating the game with a Latin name.
however our bot is still works. it's name - StupidBot

Waiting for 4.4...

Level 3
Awesome map

this map is just magnificent...
my favourite classes are the shaman and the hunter
but the only down side is that my war3 crashes after day 8++ :((
one time it crashed when i was about to attack the enemy :| had arcanum of darkness and book of hex and 5 zombie wolves
anyway .. the map itself it amazing.
looking forward for ver. 4.4
and if someone looking for a game in garena i'll be in euro rpg room 2

Level 1
Old troll's cake recipe does not work in inventor's shop!? or maybe i do something wrong. Grate map!!!

One idea from me
Can u make something like mobyle invetory slots machine, something like cart , caravene or truck :D to help collecting resources

Level 3
Old troll's cake recipe does not work in inventor's shop!? or maybe i do something wrong. Grate map!!!

One idea from me
Can u make something like mobyle invetory slots machine, something like cart , caravene or truck :D to help collecting resources
That's why the hunter can give control of his Stags to other players in his team :vw_unimpressed:

Level 2
1)I found a thing about hunter.A bear in order to grow to an old bear he needs only 300 mana.Thats about 15 meat.10 meat if you consider mana regenerates with time.So if you tame 3 small bears , feed them you get them to old bear status fast, they breed and a domino effect starts when your bears reach impossible numbers.Example 12 bears in 6 days;21 bears in 9 days.Suggestion :increase bear mana to 500. because bears are far too powerful.Another animal whos mana seems unbalanced is the crab. i mean come on 300 mana to get a crab? 600 mana to get a imperial crab is far too much for such a weak animal.Suggestion half the mana of the crabs or even bring it to 1/3.
All other animals seem to have balanced mana in accordance to their usefulness.
2)in 4.3 when tribes use shop a lot, sometimes items just disappear of the map, to the point that every item on the map disappears:you lose anything you drop on the ground:net, axe you throw, meat , skins..realy nasty bug.
3)spirits carrying items: i throw net on a troll , throw axe on him, i kill him and his spirit takes my net and axe.

Level 11
NlmDth, the hunter has his limits - his ability can be used only once per day and requires some skills. Most of the animals have very low chance for having 3 cubs, so if you had 3 bears, you are just lucky. I like luck as an aspect of the game, it makes it much more interesting.
If I remember right, the formula for cubs of the most animals is
([random between 1 and 5] - 2),
which means you have 20% chance to breed 3 cubs, 20% for 2 cubs, 20% for 1 cub and 40% for a bear growing old without having cubs.

The other bugs you reported are already fixed for the upcoming version 4.4.

As for the crashes... Well see, I hope they've been fixed too.

Level 19
Hmmm, looks very good I'l try it out it looks just lke ITT (I didn't have time to read the description so I don't know...) and gadina_prokleta I assume that you're bulgarian beacause of the name's language. Happy to see that I'm not the only one here :)

And I wrote it in english so can be sure that there isn't a way to be banned for this.

Last edited:
Level 2
I must admit,this is one of the best survival map out there I'd ever played..
Keep it up,as I would really look forward to this map.

By the way there was some bugs indeed,as I can understand it is not yet a "perfect" version yet.

Such as these:
Hawk's "Swoop" will cause lost of control;
Crash happen frequently in mid-game;

and lots more,but I bet the previous users have mentioned it already.

Just have a question,do Shamans can't wield Axes??

Last edited:
Level 2
I already played 4.4 - it still buggy as hell:
hawk still losing selection
inventor still losing dismantle ability when clicking on the ignited campfire
still items fall on the ground after crafting
still shift queuing doesn't working after picking up items with full inventory
warrior still changing stance after puking etc.
plus... ehm no... PLUS!!!
warrior now can't wield double weapons? WTF?
merchant shop doesn't sell anything

Last edited:
Level 11
- "hawk still losing selection"
Yes, and then selection should be restored. It doesn't work every time?

- "inventor still losing dismantle ability when clicking on the ignited campfire"
I admit I didn't spend time on this one. I try to understand why it happens, I couldn't and I left it for later.

- "still items fall on the ground after crafting"
"still shift queuing doesn't working after picking up items with full inventory"
These are issues of the Stacking System which is too advanced for my skills to modify it. If you develop better stacking system, please let me know. Actually I am more worried about some desyncs and crashes that might be caused by it in late game...

- "warrior still changing stance after puking etc."
I have no idea what causes this. Nor A.Dominion. Sorry.

- "warrior now can't wield double weapons? WTF?"
"merchant shop doesn't sell anything"
Well, these are an unpleasant surprise. Really WTF. I'll check this...

- "Troll Warrior can reach 489ms without any boots"
Ummm... How? When?

Level 2
In this replay without any agility bonus I reached 483ms (1.24d patch, forgot to switch)

Attachments

• ms483.w3g
    792.8 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Level 2
Bears are overpowered

Gadina in my previous post about bears i might not have been specific enough.I did not post that because someone killed me with bears , but because i play hunter a lot and i managed to get a large number of bears in a very short time 5-6 days if lucky.Now the thing is that i don't see a way to counter this thing.Old bear has 500 hp bear has 400 so inventor molotov will not much, neither will grenade.Warrior could try to go dual wield+vampiric potion but bears stun and the warrior cant atack/cant lifesteal =>warrior dead.And the thing is that you get a bear to lvl 3 at the same cost you get a wolf 300 mana. so think of it like a wc3 unit , a tauren canot cost the same as a footman.So i breed about 8 wolfs and 6 pigs in 8 days ..thats not too much of a problem for the enemy to kill, a few molotoves and a vampiric warrior will kill the army easily, even a bigger army than that.BUT bears on the other hand will not die from molotoves and vampiric warrior and they are so easy to breed.The last game i had an army of bears i got critical error. ..problem still persists in 4.4 so i have no replay of it but neXt time i play i will get hunter and i will show you what i'm talking about .BEARS are just too powerfull.so please increase the mana on the bears to 500.The bears on the map will spawn less and even if you get lucky with a bear cub you cant breed bears fast with 500 mana for old bear.Shaman bear resurect is ok , nothing overpowered there 9 scriptures are hard to get.

Level 3
Gadina in my previous post about bears i might not have been specific enough.I did not post that because someone killed me with bears , but because i play hunter a lot and i managed to get a large number of bears in a very short time 5-6 days if lucky.Now the thing is that i don't see a way to counter this thing.Old bear has 500 hp bear has 400 so inventor molotov will not much, neither will grenade.Warrior could try to go dual wield+vampiric potion but bears stun and the warrior cant atack/cant lifesteal =>warrior dead.And the thing is that you get a bear to lvl 3 at the same cost you get a wolf 300 mana. so think of it like a wc3 unit , a tauren canot cost the same as a footman.So i breed about 8 wolfs and 6 pigs in 8 days ..thats not too much of a problem for the enemy to kill, a few molotoves and a vampiric warrior will kill the army easily, even a bigger army than that.BUT bears on the other hand will not die from molotoves and vampiric warrior and they are so easy to breed.The last game i had an army of bears i got critical error. ..problem still persists in 4.4 so i have no replay of it but neXt time i play i will get hunter and i will show you what i'm talking about .BEARS are just too powerfull.so please increase the mana on the bears to 500.The bears on the map will spawn less and even if you get lucky with a bear cub you cant breed bears fast with 500 mana for old bear.Shaman bear resurect is ok , nothing overpowered there 9 scriptures are hard to get.

heh ... did u ever try to use blizzard in a god totem/demonic idol ? bears are rly easy to counter ... just use your .. BRAIN

Level 2
heh ... did u ever try to use blizzard in a god totem/demonic idol ? bears are rly easy to counter ... just use your .. BRAIN

Actulay it hapened to me several times.And i was the hunter.Its easy to counter bilZZard.Just use bow attack on a bear, select ctrl group of bears and shift attack bears untill they all wake up.takes only a few sec""YOU just gota use your BRAIN"":vw_unimpressed:

Level 3
Actulay it hapened to me several times.And i was the hunter.Its easy to counter bilZZard.Just use bow attack on a bear, select ctrl group of bears and shift attack bears untill they all wake up.takes only a few sec""YOU just gota use your BRAIN"":vw_unimpressed:

then it's your enemies mistake .. if they had a shaman he should have used hex or freeze on u if they had a warrior with a club he should have used it on u with some atk speed increasing elixir if they didn't have either a shaman or a warrior ... good game then =)

Level 1
Is it any bot hosting this on eu battle net?
If so, what is its name, cant find where to join games.
Only played it on garena but it isnt hosted there anymore.

Level 11
Version 4.5 uploaded!
It only fixes the big problems of the previous version - the warrior's dual wield, the missing sell item possibility and some other issues.
Item stacking system has been reverted back to its version used in JTR 3.7, which appears to be much more stable and bugless. I hope that game splitting issues might be solved by that. Please try the game with friends and tell me if some crashes still occur (and in which circumstances, if any).

Level 2
Hi Gadina! Nice to see you again) I coud've write this report two days ago but something got wrong. I tested few things and you made a good job with those crashes, especially with totem disappearing. Good job at dismount ability rework. Also thank you for paying attention to hotkeys, I'll report here some of them
Here list of bugs i've seen:
- item stacking system got only worse: items still fall on the ground, but also if you try to split something, it will fill all free slots with 1 item and rest will fall on the ground
- about hotkeys: Voodoo Merchant's Soul Map (R) missing, Shaman's hut's Empower book, Sacr Dagger and Voodoo Doll (page 3) are wrong
- remove plants burning sound (campfire is ok)
- remove active ability from plants, or at least make it don't burn all mana for nothing
- make left bottom geyser safe beating possible if you stand left from it - you still need to cut a tree and deal with a crab and mosquitoes, so why it must be a nightmare?
- once i killed elder razzorback and it didn't drop skull (mb it's just my luck)

Also quick list-reminder of old bugs:
- Appearing message of trading perk after each transaction (after gaining perk)
- Hunter's hawk losing selection after each jump

Suggestions:
- Maybe crafting items and buildings need some mana? it needs lot of work to asemble armory or anything else? it must vary between 1 (rope) and 15 (big buildings)
- could you reduce cost of warrior's change stance ability from 15 to 5-10? it's so annoying to lose 15-30 mana to change stance back after puking or getting bit by crab

P.S. Can you say, how much hp trees got?

Last edited:
Level 11
About item stacking system: yes, this is one of the oldest versions of it, because I suspect that the newer ones cause game splits. If you report that the game splits still occur, I will make me a harakiri and posthumously release a version with the newest stacking.

The stupid plants have burning sounds, because they are considered "structures" and WC3 structures always have some burning sound, as much as I know. If I remove those classification from them, they will not have that sound, but the would be placeable one on another...
I'll remove the mana cost of the active ability. It seems I forgot it when I remade the plants. The ability will still be left because of tooltip - players should be informed how and when to gather plants.

I'll see about the geyser and I'll think about the warrior.
Well, the mana cost for crafting would require from me to go through all the crafting triggers and, honestly, if you don't convince me it is very good for the gameplay, I wouldn't do it :)

NOY

NOY

Level 1
hi,

i played your map a lot of time with my 2 friends since we have our first party (1 year ago), at ever party we have a random crash after 1 or 2 hour of playing...

It's very disappointing for an awesome map like that :s
Your update along the time didn't change anything about these crashs..

(A memory problem (war3 error))

For an example we don't have these crash on Founders map (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/founders-north-1-24-a-184407/) after 5 hours of playing.

WITH 4.3 :
This application has encountered a critical error:
Out of memory
Program: c:\program files (x86)\warcraft iii\war3.exe
Object: Chunk (.?AUChunk@CDataStoreChunked@@)

War3Build: 1.26.0.6401
Played Maps\JungleTrollsReborn4.3.w3x

WITH 4.4 :

This application has encountered a critical error:
Out of memory
Program: c:\program files (x86)\warcraft iii\war3.exe
File: .\cmemblock.cpp
Line: 372

War3Build: 1.26.0.6401
Played Maps\JungleTrollsReborn4.4.w3x

But i had once this second error on 4.3 too

I can send you my crash logs if you want

Last edited:
Level 11
Thank you, Noy!
The crashes you reported still occur in version 4.5, right?
So... disappointing. So much of the memory leaks were fixed! I thought there are no more leaks :(
If you can, please send me the logs to [email protected]
Does it crash for all of the players, or only for you?

I need also reports about game splits - when the game doesn't crash, but some desync occurs and part of the players seem to be kicked out, but actually they continue in a separated game session.

Last edited:
Level 1
how to make bronze bar??

i try to make invention at workshop but nothing happen, why?? (i try harpoon)

Level 1
Breeding

Can some 1 please tell me how to breed my animals. Do i need 2 of the same animal or is 1 sufficient, and do i need to do anything. what triggers breeding in tamed animals? i've looked at the site but my animals never breed , level 2 and 3, and it says 60% chance per day.

Level 11
BILBASICK, trees have 200 hp. Trees struck by lightning have 100 hp.

TytoS, bronze bar can be smelted in the Forge. It requires 1 stone and 1 flint.
To craft an invention, you need plans, created by the Inventor with his special skill. You may use it once per day, but you need to carry a Parchment, otherwise the troll cannot write down his idea and it is wasted.

KrunkZzZ, every single animal that can be tamed has the chance to have cubs at the moment it grows old. The mechanics is the following:
- little animal gains mana by itself and by feeding. When mana is full, it becomes grown animal.
- grown animal gains mana by itself and by feeding. When mana is full, it becomes old animal and has a chance of having cubs.
- old animal loses mana over time, which can be restored by feeding. When all mana is lost, the animal dies, leaving no resources.
Have in mind, that this is true only for living animals. Zombified (rotten) animals do not age and cannot breed.
There is another thing: if the map is overpopulated with a given animal species, new cubs will probably not be born until some of the grown animals of that type die, whatever who owns them. This limit has been set to prevent game lag due to map overpopulation.

Level 20
Hey all, it's been a long time since i quitted wc3 and now im finaly back!!
i played this map for 1-2 hours and i was really dissapointed to see that there aren't lots of updates...
anyway i have thought some ways to addapt better the difficulty...

1)Reduce mana cost on panic...
Easy = 5 Mana Cost
Medium = 10 Mana cost
Hard = 15 Mana cost
Since panic is an ability that is used very often (or atleast by me), reducing the mana cost,
will make trolls able to travel longer locations with wasting less stamina(if they choose easy)

2)Change the resource spawn system (make items appear near players and not just at random points)
Easy = Items spawn near trolls in a 100-1000(random number between 100 & 1000) distance
Medium = 300-1500 distance
Hard = 500-2000
(just giving examples here)

and maybe also change the intervals that items spawn according to difficulty...
Easy = spawn every 10 seconds
Medium = spawn every 18 seconds
Hard = spawn every 25 seconds
(again just giving examples)

Does hunger and body heat decrease according to difficulty?
Here is a little test i did with the 3 difficulties...(i was standing still, doing nothing the whole time)
Easy = I managed to survive for 25 minutes
Medium = survived 11 minutes
Hard = survived 6 minutes
this is tottaly NOT balanced O.O

well 25 minutes on easy is pretty good...
on medium it should be around 18 minutes and on hard around 10 minutes...(IMO)
do you think you can change it like that?
i guess the intervals in which you lose hunger and body heat decrease per lvl right?
and i guess it's smth like 2/3/4 based on difficulty right?
well could you make it 3/3.5/4 and test it pls?
i do understand that testing such a thing is gonna take a long time but it's for the good of the map *_*

well that's all for now, keep up the good work ;)

EDIT:
did you even see my comment? :(
anyway i edited this post because i found a thing that bothers me about the map...
having trees in a "line" is really bad!!
it would be better if the trees were placed like they are in this map...
pls take into consideration this suggestions...IMO it will make the game much better...

why?
because it's not only the gameplay that matters...
enviroment is important too and with my suggestion the enviroment would look more realistic^^

Last edited:
Level 1
what should i do after click forge?? am i get that bronze bar??

i have plans on my hand and put it on workshop with all requirements. but still nothing happen.

thkz

NOY

NOY

Level 1
i have a suggest about the memory crash:

Can you make a save system ? than a lot of rpg map use for saving our hero ?

Like : -save Fd12s34456x4f6sd45g

Here it will be very cool to save our hero with all item that we have (including item contained in our battlement tribu or container) the battlement can be refunded in them item form.

I don't really want to play another time to this map because after 1 or 2 hour of playing an error occur and our game is lost :s

And we can't do more than one save by player by map, fucking save system of blizzard..

Level 3
Hey all, it's been a long time since i quitted wc3 and now im finaly back!!
i played this map for 1-2 hours and i was really dissapointed to see that there aren't lots of updates...
anyway i have thought some ways to addapt better the difficulty...

WB

2)Change the resource spawn system (make items appear near players and not just at random points)
Easy = Items spawn near trolls in a 100-1000(random number between 100 & 1000) distance
Medium = 300-1500 distance
Hard = 500-2000
(just giving examples here)

i don't rly like this suggestion , spawning resources at random points makes it harder although it might be luck dependant but lol .. u want to get items that easy ?
u just want a mana stone to spawn near to u ? :vw_wtf:
plz forget about this suggestion
thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Level 20
i don't rly like this suggestion , spawning resources at random points makes it harder although it might be luck dependant but lol .. u want to get items that easy ?
u just want a mana stone to spawn near to u ? :vw_wtf:
plz forget about this suggestion
thanks for reading.

hmm you are right about the mana stones...
but what i forgot to say is that i was actually talking about common resources like tinder,fliint,wood, rock etc.
and yes i do agree that mana stones shouldn't be that easy to find...
so spawining common resources near trolls makes it easier to survive and that's what im aiming for with my suggestions...

btw does the map creators still edit the map?
because it's been like 2-3 days since i posted those suggestions and no answer...