• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Jungle Trolls Reborn

JUNGLE TROLLS REBORN
by A.Dominion and Gadina Prokleta

Latest Version

You must survive,
gather resources,
build your village and
protect your Totem from the other evil troll tribes in the Jungle.

Gameplay

Jungle Trolls Reborn is a survival / base building game in which you control
a fierce and crafty Jungle Troll in a tribe of up to four trolls.

You will explore the Jungle, build & craft, compete against the other tribes
and try to destroy their Totem.

Every single playthrough is unique thanks to randomly generated resources,
procedurally breeding animals and highly varied game features.

Contacts & Info

Website
Discord server

Contents

Jungle Trolls 6.6.0 (Map)

Reviews
15:59, 4th Dec 2008 Rui: The map is known to me. The previous version was approved, so I guess this one will pass too. Note, please use the Update button to submit a new version.
Level 19
I love this map a lot, I'm looking forward to all your other Jungle Trolls maps as they seem to be pretty realistic and challenging:)
Do make a mode where animals are more aggressive too! +Rep

Level 2
Last weeks JTR replays

Attachments

• Teaching noobs.w3g
    807.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Warrior hunter rush.w3g
    694.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 2x2 hunter warrior vs hunter inventor.w3g
    619.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Brutal game on garena.w3g
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • 1x1 NlmDth vs Edddd.w3g
    294.5 KB · Views: 88
Level 2
my last game
call me if you have 7 good players i can b the 8th

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    806.5 KB · Views: 74
Level 2
Hi all!
just wanna show some bugs in my replay. I killed 3 bosses (wolf, bear and vulture).
1. No boss heart gives +food as said in tooltip
2. Troll still can hit Wolf, when got eaten (mb don't fix this:ogre_hurrhurr:)
3. Old tooltip on vulture's heart
4. Sometimes troll falls asleep when mana drops to 20 (happened to me twice near bear)
5. No regen bonus when changing stance (as Gadina said)
6. Faster regen when freezing

And suggestion:
Make oil torch carryable like campfire - so you can douse it and pack, after placing

Attachments

• 3 bosses warrior.w3g
    687 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 2
Latest 5 good games

._._.

Attachments

• Average game.w3g
    869.8 KB · Views: 120
  • Good players.w3g
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • hunter vs 2x2.w3g
    690.7 KB · Views: 114
  • long game, fast brutal battle.w3g
    858.1 KB · Views: 84
  • NlmDth(warrior) vs maraes(hunter).w3g
    795.9 KB · Views: 80
Level 2
2 suggestions: double daggers for warrior, sacrificial dagger possible maked from obsidian and horn daggers

what happened to thread? is it dead? nobody replied for weeks!

Level 11
Yes, I'm here, I'm reading suggestions as always, but I'm not always having the mood or the time to answer them.
First of all - yes, the game will be released today. Just a bit more testing.

BILBASICK, for now I solved some of the problems you reported - keyboard shortcuts should be okay now, also the selection of the camp fire. The animals though are tricky - they grow when they have full mana, not by your command... It is maybe possible to track whether they are selected while growing, but I'm leaving this for later.
Cooldown of craftings - I'm not convinced it is necessary.
Inventory slots have been added to tents and hut. Packing or dismounting of the building will drop the items in them.
The sleeping hunter bug - I have no idea what may g=have
Rope (and Linen Cloth) disassembling fixed.
Sniper reloading - I should inspect those triggers more carefully...
Bombarding should do damage depending on the position of the target to the explosion center - 200 damage in 300 range, 100 damage in 600 range.
Siege Tower (and Watch Tower!) is fixed for version 4.3.
Boss hearts food bonus fixed.
"Troll still can hit Wolf, when got eaten (mb don't fix this)" - At first, when I saw this, I thought - omfg, what a horrible bug! Then I had a thought and - you are right! - this is fun. Why should the Red Hat just wait for the Hunter, when she has a big sharp axe in her hands? : ))
Regen bonus when changing stance - fixed.
Regen bonus when cold - fixed.
"Make oil torch carryable like campfire - so you can douse it and pack, after placing" - it is carry-able and it even works when you carry it (shows hidden units in 800 range). But it is considered an off-hand/ranged weapon, so you cannot have another such weapon as you carry it. When you build the torch on the ground, it will now scare enemy beasts and spirits in addition.
Tooltips fixed.
Double daggers - yes, me wants - for hunter and warrior. But later.
Sacrificial dagger should be only bone. It has a ritualistic meaning and since the Shaman doesn't usually care about melee combat, he shouldn't rely on stronger weapons.

NlmDth, your suggestion is good, but it requires a complete reorganization of the initial triggers and still - it would not suit everyone. When you put 8 or 12 people in a game, there will always be some, for which the game is far too easy or far too hard. Well, this is part of the game. It is a roleplay game and thus - it gives opportunities to play illogically. I was once healed by an enemy Shaman, who saw I am about to die of diseases and he decided I am not a "honorable kill" : ))

Miss_Foxy, I'm happy to see another girl playing the game! And I must say I have a special attitude to foxes ;)

GangSpear, build a Forge. There you can smelt bronze from Stone and Flint.

Level 11
The Siege Machine can load Stone and throw it at great distance, or load a bomb and Bombard an area (such as setting a Bomb there).

Siege Tower had a bug that has been fixed.

I'm uploading Jungle Trolls version 4.3.

Most of the bugs were fixed and much new content has been added. The bug with the Warrior changing stances when attacked by crab is still not fixed, sorry for that.

Last edited:
Level 2
I've just played test game and i'm really disappointed:
ok with warrior, nvm
dousing fire still causes losing control
items still fall on ground when crafting
still useless "Fatigue level 2" buff for whole game

what bugfixes did you do?

And about that new oil system: after five days i gathered only 3 oil - that is bullshit

I'll add more later

Level 11
"dousing fire still causes losing control" - strange, I should see this.
"items still fall on ground when crafting" - I cannot fix this. It is an issue of the stacking system. Try to buy an item from merchant shop when there is only 1 free slot in it and you'll see some other bug with it.
"still useless "Fatigue level 2" buff for whole game" - this buff is there to show the player the reason why his troll is losing mana and to eventually tell him he needs to make him rest sometimes.

"what bugfixes did you do?" - more than you know. I'm gathering reports from 3 forums and fixing whatever I can.

"And about that new oil system: after five days i gathered only 3 oil - that is bullshit" - no, this is your luck. There are 4 oil deposits anyway. And the oil income is all the same, just randomized to 0-1-2. In addition, at game start it is added twice, so theoretically you may find an oil geyser with 4 mana.

If these are the only "bugs", then I'm happy with them ;)

Level 13
The Siege Machine can load Stone and throw it at great distance, or load a bomb and Bombard an area (such as setting a Bomb there).

Siege Tower had a bug that has been fixed.

I'm uploading Jungle Trolls version 4.3.

Most of the bugs were fixed and much new content has been added. The bug with the Warrior changing stances when attacked by crab is still not fixed, sorry for that.

Load a bomb mean a grenade?

Level 2
I just checked 3.7 version and there is no falling items bug - you should compare your stacking system with that version and fix it.
About sniper gun - if you add powder right after last shot - 5/5 ammo will be shown at upper right corner, but only for a few seconds, then it changes to 0. I think there is a mistake in trigger, causing refreshing ammo state after few seconds.
Siege tower has strange AI - it moves directly towards target point not even trying to go around obstacles
And again about oil - goldtooth's geyser causes 120!!! damage to troll (even without malaria and crab) with moving sands - this is insane! And at upper right side alligators and moskitoes now can freely hit you while gathering oil
My summary - new oil system is crap and needs to be removed

Few things about reviving - Ed asked only about few seconds delay before selling soul - not a 100 seconds hanging time and surely not about adding inventory slots for ghost. Thank you.

Level 2
BILBASICK is right :The new oil system is bad (BIL explained everything)
:Ed only sugested a few seconds before resurecting(3-5 sec) not 100 seconds few=100 huh?
The idea about spirites carrying items is crony and does not belong in warcraft lore.The entire map had to be reworked in order to "adapt" to this stupid idea.Changes that in return caused even more unbalances.If you realy want trolls to get their items back just revert to the original resurrect system (trolls don't drop items and are summoned at the totem) thats a bad idea but its still better than the current resurrect system.The old system was very good and did not need changing, maybe like Ed suggested wait a FEW sec before selling soul would have been a good idea.

And why did all this happen? Because of that realy good idea to rework the resurect system!
I'm only playing 4.2 untill the resurrect system is reverted back to normal.And i'm not the only one who thinks this.

Last edited:
Level 13

1.Arrow,blackpowder and fuels(ammo) add more,example 0/100
2. Sometimes,inventor or hunter cannot pick up the bone axe and stone axe

1.Add a new item---Rocket Launcher
Rocket Launcher
Launch a rocket to the target area,deal 100-200 damage,cause the trees fall down.
Ammo: Rocket

1. Inside the tutorial,my friends can drop down the items that the troll picked.

Question 1: How can i get petrified wood?

More bugs and suggestions will be added soon.

Level 6
Браво, приятелю, супер карта е това. BG Wins once more :D
+ rep!

Level 13
The worst bug is,inventor or warrior or hunter,they cannot pick the item(Example: Hunter cannot take any dagger or bow,WTF?)(Inventor cannot take the SHOTGUN? WTF !@#$%^%!#@!),Warrior doesn't has any bugs.

EDIT: My Grenades doesn't damage any animals(except piranha)

Last edited:
Level 2
don't forget about this statement until u read my message: inventor character have gadina prokleta name.

so let's think firstly warrior. what classes he can kill, not noob of course. he cannot kill shaman in 1vs1 and cannot kill inventor(grenades/rockets/molotovs). Then, hunter cannot kill warrior with a shield-build, and cannot kill inv(grenades/rockets/molotovs), then shaman cannot kill inventor(1 sniper's critical enough to kill shaman). So inventor can kill any other class, he can carry 1-shot kill to not warrior classes(it's means snipergun and gloves), then grenades, rockets, molotovs, and all of this items works in different cooldowns and i think u understood now, about what i talking, need to nerfe of course because it's really overpowered and other classes sux. That's all.

Level 1
Greetings, i have been a fan of jungle troll tribes ever since the original ice trolls( got to miss the mammoth :))
First of i'd like to congratulate you guys for an excellent map, best incarnation of troll survival maps yet.
Second i really would love to play this map more, unfortunatly it is not very popular on garena romanian rpg rooms, and people do not seem to apreciate the chalange of the map when i try to host it my self. That is why i wanted to ask you where and how to find a comunity of players who play this map frequently( and speak english :)
And third of course some work for you guys....bugs i have come across on this latest version(4.3): it seems couldron cannot pick up any weapons except arrows to envenom
hope you dont mind the sugestion and reply soon....respect

Level 2
Gadina, could you please release 4.2b version with just a bugs fixed?

P.S. Stag has 2 F abilities: Feed (which doesn't work) and Change owner

Hawk is still bugged (>_<) - losing control after each jump (if you don't understand what i'm talking about just play 1 game and you'll see)

just now i played alone and had a wtf bug: my axe just disappeared from the ground! I sold a couple of items to Tauren and at that moment my axe disappeared from the ground! (replay in attachments - 30th minute)
edit:it happens all the time

why rotten trolls deal no dmg to rock and flint mines? (even with mining pick)
edit: they can damage only trees - now they totally useless

and btw: fix tauren's shortcuts - to fit their position

All bugs above are from 4.3

I got brilliant idea! Make a battle horn force all units around to attack you! This have a good potential in teamfight. Not just +2-4 damage increase, but 100% usage of Warrior's tank potential. He leaps and bounds averybody for a couple of secs. For now he's too weak in large armies teamfights. He just stands and kicks one pet, or trying to chase somebody, but still not using his full potential. But improving Battle Horn will make him more dangerous

And I have suggestion based on guy's below: besides double attack speed every 4-6 hit will cause firebolt (same with thunder clubs)

Attachments

• Shaman vs Hunter.w3g
    382.1 KB · Views: 82
  • wtf axe bug.w3g
    193.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Level 4
ANY PLANS FOR STARCRAFT 2 their map editor is great
i have seen several maps already with their own equipment system,
problem is that it's not WC (no earth animals like bear), no trolls and almost every buildings and things is made of metal, no but it should be easy to create a troll game disregarding the needed models

Level 2
I finally figured out, why game crashes. If you have a totem, kill all enemy tribe and try to capture enemy totem, then it cause a mistake, because tribe cannot have 2 totems. I think it's fixable

Also game crashes (as my friend said) if you separate voodoo doll and use part of it.

And bug in both 4.2 and 4.3 versions: if you try to dismantle ignited campfire, you will lose your dismantle ability for whole game (it will not work)
Black piranhas drop usual fish bones, that don't fit for quest

Last edited:
Level 20
Gadina, are you OK? Where are you?

When next version will out?

relax guys...probably they are living their lives, be patient and the next ver will come soon..

ANY PLANS FOR STARCRAFT 2 their map editor is great
i have seen several maps already with their own equipment system,
problem is that it's not WC (no earth animals like bear), no trolls and almost every buildings and things is made of metal, no but it should be easy to create a troll game disregarding the needed models

sry dude no JTR on starcraft because starcraft sucks^^
nah im kidding xD it will be hard to make ST2 map...it's better if we stick with the WC3 version^^

Level 2
Hey guys, I wanna share my game, that I played just yet=) It's really worth watching!

Attachments

• imba lucky inventor.w3g
    468.3 KB · Views: 74
  • inv 1v3.w3g
    763.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Level 1
Can anyone PLEASE tell me where to find a "Parchment" or how to make one if possible ? ... I've done everything imaginable and have yet to acquire one. I can't make another spell-book without one of these things and I'm "stuck", so-to-speak. At any rate, this Shaman is confused. Help ?

Level 2
Just build Inventor's Workshop and there on the first page is recipe of parchment (you need pig skin or anthelope leather)

Level 1
Thank you, though I inevitably found out by myself, by building every single structure available in the game. At any rate, I'm going to give this a proper review, since it deserves one.

Level 2
it is a really good map...
i wonder could you make a single player mode? since, i played more alone than with my friends..

Level 2
Some suggestions

Greetings to map creators and all players.

Here are some suggestions that may help for improving the map in new versions:

1. Because forge and cauldron provide infinite heat and cooking they should be made usable as the firecamp (only when lit by tinder wood or oil).
Forge can cook raw meat and provide more heat per second.
Cauldron could provide heat aura (less range and heat per second), allow cooking of berry (30 food 20 health) and envenom weapons (currently daggers are too easy to be poisoned in early game).
In this way different classes can use only cauldron or forge for heat and cooking in early game. Both forge and cauldron can be unaffected by rain.

2. Buildings sight ranges could be reduced. Tents and firecamps should not provide vision when far away from players and should not send attack messages (could become rescuable/neutral after some time).

3.Weapons:
Ranged weapons can have slight miss chance depending on player lvl.
Envenomed weapons without cauldron can have reduced number of poison attacks.
Towers with envenomed weapon currently poison without throwing the weapon (bug).

Daggers: Trolls should be able to craft only simple daggers with less critical strike and then improve them in armory or hunter tent. Iron dagger/spear lvl 4 can be created.

Traps when triggered should become inactive (still invisible from larger range) and only when destroyed should be packed by enemy. Otherwise enemy players are immediately able to pick them. Traps could also be envenomed.
Poisonous frogs could drop slow poison venom.

4. Tauren Merchant and Troll Chief
Visible locations around them should be smaller in order not to reveal passing enemy players using them.
Completed Quest rewards can give choice options to players covering different item types and LVLs for example boots/gloves/coat ; mask/shield/armor ; mana stone/bronze bar/iron bar. In this way all classes can choose as appropriate.
Reward messages from troll chief should be visible only to player using them as not to notify other players.
Tauren merchant can sell Horse unit (model from older versions of the map). In this way horse can compensate that only shaman and hunter can use deer. Horses can be 2 types 4/6 slots. Deer slots can be reduced to 1/2/3.

5. Multyplayer
Currently in Battle.net Europe room Clan Jttr is restricted and rarely games are hosted. If it is possible create a room JTR or similar in order to be available. There are some host bots that can host in multiple servers. If games are hosted in this way it can improve multiplayer.

:psmile:

Level 1
Въпреки че не пиша аз много се радвам на картата страхотна сеполучава, надявам се да несте се отказали.По-интересна карта не съм виждал!!!Това което и пречи е че не е достатъчно аркадна(можеби тук трябва да имадва мода сървайвъл и аркаден като привикнат на аркадния ще им е по-лесно на сърваийвъла) и лага разваля понякога удоволствието.

Като идея мога да предложа
да се опитате да съградите малко селце в средата с няколко входа по 1 за всяко племе и чуждо племе да неможеда мине през друг вход освен неговия си вътре в селцето е мирна зона и може да се купуват ресурси и се продават итеми среден клас,куестовете да са там и тн.

яко ще е всеки да има нещо като върховно умения което да прави играта по-приключенска и картата дастане по-лесна за намиране на противници по лесно придвижване.
примерно:
-изобретателя да прави бавен балон за транспорт (онзи лудия гоблин ама с по-малко movement speed)
-шамана групова телепортация
-ловеца да вижда по надалече зад дърветата
-боеца да прескача разни препядствия(можеби без дърветата)
Това са само идеи никой неедлъжен да се съобразява нооо.. дано съм дал повод заразмисъл :)

Last edited:
Level 1
hey, i just want to inform you that this map is not updated anymore and im not sure if it will be updated again...

Really, I hope you got that officially from Gadina himself? Because from where I am standing it looks like Gadina has often taken breaks during the summer and over up to 5 months to do a new update. Most of the time in the last years he has been updating this map around October to November and January to April - but i am sure you have a deeper insight in everything...

Last edited:

Rym

Rym

Level 3
hmmm i hope Gadina is still active developing this map. coz this map is freaking awesome. one of the finest, well balance and high quality map.

Level 2
Hi Gadina, i wanted to report about one bug in 4.3

I was playing with shaman with one of my fellow tribe members, when suddenly he was killed by a chasing bear. He ragequitted the game, and left me to survive alone. I then reanimated his body, and gave him a stone axe. I sended him to hunt some deer, but he was unable to damage deer, axe trhow did damage and stunned it, but otherwise no damage.

I would gladly see this bug fixed to make shamans life more easier in JTR...

Level 11
Thank you all for your support!

Really, I hope you got that officially from Gadina himself? Because from where I am standing it looks like Gadina has often taken breaks during the summer and over up to 5 months to do a new update. Most of the time in the last years he has been updating this map around October to November and January to April - but i am sure you have a deeper insight in everything...

Yep. Seems you have better idea about my troll's activity than myself... And you are completely right :)
I had some personal troubles and some other engagements the last few months. I haven't worked on the game at this time and I intentionally avoided to read the forums, so I wouldn't feel guilty about the inevitably new found bugs. For example - I really sorry about that problem with the rotten trolls, I should see what the heck caused it.
Now I have 3 weeks off and I will try to spend a few scores of hours on the map. There is truly some desync that is maybe caused by the Stacking system and I should experiment with some old versions of it.
I should really think some more about the gameplay, but the bug fixes are wasting so much of my time.

Level 1
Thank you all for your support!

Thank YOU for taking over this game with JTR and keeping it alive for the last 5 !!! years.
:goblin_yeah:

Hope all your problems have resolved to a pleasing result and that you are enjoying your time - i hope you are not bug hunting during summer.
Btw, have you by any chance read my post on the forums (it's elloelloello there)? I'd like to have your feedback on that, if you can make the time.

Azzawizard said:
Can someone please tell me how/where I craft a mana crystal? Thank you in advance! :D
Do in [FORGE] add [MANASTONE] & [OIL] run [SMELT MANACRYSTAL]

Level 11
The problem with item loss has been fixed for version 4.4.
The attack type of Rotten trolls and another rare unit too.

You are suggesting about a decaying system for meats, then skins, then bones... There was such one, but I removed it (maybe in version 4.3), because it was hindering players way too much. Now only meats become rotten.

About the other things - I agree about some of them, especially the herbs farming. I should think a bit more about how to nerf it...

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi Gadina, nice to see you again!

here couple of bugs i don't want you to forget:
- I finally figured out, why game crashes. If you have a totem, kill all enemy tribe and try to capture enemy totem, then it cause a mistake, because tribe cannot have 2 totems. I think it's fixable
- Also game crashes (as my friend said) if you separate voodoo doll and use part of it.
- If you try to dismantle ignited campfire (inventor), you will lose your dismantle ability for whole game (it will not work)
- Black piranhas drop usual fish bones, that can't be used for quest
- Stag and Antelope has 2 F abilities: Feed (which doesn't work) and Change owner
- Hawk is bugged - losing selection of it after each jump. sometimes without giving it back
- If you press Sell button on Tauren Merchant - all items on the ground in large area will disappear
- Fix tauren's hotkeys - to fit their position
- After gaining Famous Traiders perk - there is a bug with that "we are now famous bla bla" message appearing on every shop action
- Sometimes other tribes (or just random players) can see some messages for you (like congrats for quest, or about inventions). Most clearly it noticeable in 1v1 games

Suggestions:
- Make different music available (like in dota, using -music command)
- And why Fat Ugly Frog disappears after 100 mana? Isn't it supposed to become a beautiful troll huntress?:ogre_love: