1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

JALM v0.2

Submitted by Skudgemuffin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
If you like this map then check this thing out: http://www.engine001.com/games/Just+Another+Life+Game_783.htm

[​IMG]
Just Another Life Map
Latest Public Version: v0.2a
JALM is a life simulation map. You can buy buildings and land, open your own stores, create or buy and set up furniture for your house, work at various stores around the city, start a factory, and much more...
-Gold Mine icons on the minimap represent stores
-House icons represent buildings/land you can buy
Please keep in mind that this is the Beta and will probably contain a lot of bugs. If you find one, please PM me or make a post or something. You'll be credited.
v0.2a Patch Notes

-Removed buggy and useless third person camera
-Fixed music (I think)
-Removed useless Wanted leaderboard

v0.2 Patch Notes

This version is truly a step-up for JALM. Please note that I am no longer working on this map, and this version was only recently uploaded after not working on it for a long time. Some of the patch notes may be inaccurate, and there may be some rather large bugs with the new features below.

Features
  • Graphic Overhaul: Buildings are now BUILDINGS, instead of Blizz cliffs used as walls. Sidewalks have a new tileset, and you can actually tell that they're sidewalks now! Generally, the city now looks MUCH more like a CITY, and not a medieval town with asphalt.
  • Inventory System: If you buy a cell phone, you can have access to a "backpack" represented by a small island that can be used to store items. Players can teleport to and leave only their islands at any time. The player heroes themselves still also retain the standard 6-slot inventory.
  • Pedestrians: The city is no longer a ghost town. You will see many more NPCs walking around the city.
  • Cell Phones: You can now buy a cell phone at Radio Shack. It’s pretty basic and doesn’t have much use right now, but over time it will gain more features and you will be able to buy more advanced cell phones. I plan to create games even for your phone eventually. Current uses:
    -GPS: Shows the current street(s) you are standing on.
    -Inventory: See above
  • Phonebooths: Useless now! Features will be added to these as more features are added to the cell phone. For example, being able to dial random numbers.
  • Drugs: :D There are now two drug dealers that walk around the eastern island. However, there are pros and cons to using drugs...
  • It rains now.
  • The 3 heroes to have to choose from are now very different. Each one will give you a different way to play the game. The Dexterity hero is a criminal, the Strength hero can craft things that others cannot, and the Intelligence hero can build factories.
  • Factories! All you need to do is buy a CraftMaster from the new Appliance Lord store right by Sofa King, hire a worker, deposit materials, and it'll create any type of furniture! But don't expect to get a CraftMaster cheaply... EDIT: These don't work :3

General
  • Just Another Loap Map shall now be called Just Another Life Map. Woohoooo
  • Aside from the huge graphic update, minor terrain changes have occurred around the city.
  • Various tooltips fixed.
  • All of the useless "Parking Spot" units have been removed, since they serve absolutely zero purpose (As of now).
  • Agility is now called Dexterity.
  • Inventory, aka the 6-slots, is now referred to as your Pockets to avoid confusion with the Bottomless Backpack inventory.
Bugs
  • Some bugs related to various jobs have been fixed.
  • Statue Repairer is still an unstable job. Try to avoid it.
  • Fixed a bug with the Realtor.
  • Fixed a bug where you could not open the door to a building you bought.

Screenshots
Screenshots:
New/Old Minimap
Old:[​IMG]
New:[​IMG]

Shoot101
[​IMG]

Shoot102
[​IMG]

Shoot103
[​IMG]

Shoot104
[​IMG]

Shoot105
[​IMG]

Shoot106
[​IMG]

Keywords:
life, simulator, jalm, loap, gta, grand theft auto
Contents

JALM v0.2 (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Approved 22:22, 6th Aug 2009 Linaze: First of all, the gameplay was pretty slow and consisted mainly of moving around without knowing where to go because there weren't many instructions. The boring part was that after a few minutes of...
  1. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes! Please continue!! ;D

I really liked this version. As you said, "version 0.2 will be a huge step". Anyways, try adding some new cars, you know. There are such cool models in Hive, like the Skyline R32, the Corvette, etc. If you want, I have two models of cars here, however, I don't know who is the author. It's a dark blue Chrysler 300C and some other car which I don't know the name, but it's team color is all over the body, and looks nice.

2. Drake0

Drake0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great Game with Giant Potencial, its sad that you will not continue this :/
    Mayby you should pass map to other trustworthy map maker?

3. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The map is unprotected, so anyone can try to continue it. Maybe I will work on it a little when I finish my current project...

4. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey! Found a little bug: In that crack filler job, when you enter in the statue and click on the purple box, the crack will not disappear, so basically, if you enter and exist like 20 times and then make box-selecting, you will finish with one click AND only one crack will be deleted... so you can make 20 or more checks with just one go...

5. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, that job is rather buggy. But thanks for the report! :D

6. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    welll... there was a bug for me there, my friend whom had the job couldn't click the cracks, however i could, to get him out of there i had to press his cracks...

EDIT: i found another bug, some of the buildings are facing the wrong way, making you unable to enter them because you cant see the entrances,

7. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You can still get inside. Just right click somewhere in the building.

8. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    indeed, but it is hard to see that you are able to enter

9. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Damn why did you left that third person system on? I told you it's bugged!

10. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    uhhh... i cant remember what was 1st, second and 3rd person system, was it 1 = from eyes, 2 = from behind head, and 3 = bird eye?

11. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Then don't use it :p

12. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't use it? And how do I deactivate it? You mean... editing the map itself and turning it off?

13. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol what's that first person you are saying? That camera you press Up Arrow and shows a message: "copy" or sometimes "copy copy", and makes some strange moves ?

14. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You activate the camera by hitting escape. I'll just update it and remove it since it's so buggy and unfinished.

15. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, but what is the Up Arrow for? :D

16. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't even remember :D

Updated to v0.2a.

17. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    It says this resource is not aviable! :O

18. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, same thing to me.

19. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Has it always been rejected? :(

20. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    no, one could downoad it before, and it had a 2/5 (lacking)