1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

JALM v0.2

Submitted by Skudgemuffin
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
If you like this map then check this thing out: http://www.engine001.com/games/Just+Another+Life+Game_783.htm

[​IMG]
Just Another Life Map
Latest Public Version: v0.2a
JALM is a life simulation map. You can buy buildings and land, open your own stores, create or buy and set up furniture for your house, work at various stores around the city, start a factory, and much more...
-Gold Mine icons on the minimap represent stores
-House icons represent buildings/land you can buy
Please keep in mind that this is the Beta and will probably contain a lot of bugs. If you find one, please PM me or make a post or something. You'll be credited.
v0.2a Patch Notes

-Removed buggy and useless third person camera
-Fixed music (I think)
-Removed useless Wanted leaderboard

v0.2 Patch Notes

This version is truly a step-up for JALM. Please note that I am no longer working on this map, and this version was only recently uploaded after not working on it for a long time. Some of the patch notes may be inaccurate, and there may be some rather large bugs with the new features below.

Features
  • Graphic Overhaul: Buildings are now BUILDINGS, instead of Blizz cliffs used as walls. Sidewalks have a new tileset, and you can actually tell that they're sidewalks now! Generally, the city now looks MUCH more like a CITY, and not a medieval town with asphalt.
  • Inventory System: If you buy a cell phone, you can have access to a "backpack" represented by a small island that can be used to store items. Players can teleport to and leave only their islands at any time. The player heroes themselves still also retain the standard 6-slot inventory.
  • Pedestrians: The city is no longer a ghost town. You will see many more NPCs walking around the city.
  • Cell Phones: You can now buy a cell phone at Radio Shack. It’s pretty basic and doesn’t have much use right now, but over time it will gain more features and you will be able to buy more advanced cell phones. I plan to create games even for your phone eventually. Current uses:
    -GPS: Shows the current street(s) you are standing on.
    -Inventory: See above
  • Phonebooths: Useless now! Features will be added to these as more features are added to the cell phone. For example, being able to dial random numbers.
  • Drugs: :D There are now two drug dealers that walk around the eastern island. However, there are pros and cons to using drugs...
  • It rains now.
  • The 3 heroes to have to choose from are now very different. Each one will give you a different way to play the game. The Dexterity hero is a criminal, the Strength hero can craft things that others cannot, and the Intelligence hero can build factories.
  • Factories! All you need to do is buy a CraftMaster from the new Appliance Lord store right by Sofa King, hire a worker, deposit materials, and it'll create any type of furniture! But don't expect to get a CraftMaster cheaply... EDIT: These don't work :3

General
  • Just Another Loap Map shall now be called Just Another Life Map. Woohoooo
  • Aside from the huge graphic update, minor terrain changes have occurred around the city.
  • Various tooltips fixed.
  • All of the useless "Parking Spot" units have been removed, since they serve absolutely zero purpose (As of now).
  • Agility is now called Dexterity.
  • Inventory, aka the 6-slots, is now referred to as your Pockets to avoid confusion with the Bottomless Backpack inventory.
Bugs
  • Some bugs related to various jobs have been fixed.
  • Statue Repairer is still an unstable job. Try to avoid it.
  • Fixed a bug with the Realtor.
  • Fixed a bug where you could not open the door to a building you bought.

Screenshots
Screenshots:
New/Old Minimap
Old:[​IMG]
New:[​IMG]

Shoot101
[​IMG]

Shoot102
[​IMG]

Shoot103
[​IMG]

Shoot104
[​IMG]

Shoot105
[​IMG]

Shoot106
[​IMG]

Keywords:
life, simulator, jalm, loap, gta, grand theft auto
Contents

JALM v0.2 (Map)

Reviews
ap0: Approved 22:22, 6th Aug 2009 Linaze: First of all, the gameplay was pretty slow and consisted mainly of moving around without knowing where to go because there weren't many instructions. The boring part was that after a few minutes of...
  1. ap0: Approved

22:22, 6th Aug 2009
    Linaze: First of all, the gameplay was pretty slow and consisted mainly of moving around without knowing where to go because there weren't many instructions. The boring part was that after a few minutes of searching and eventually finding what you're looking for, you get a new place to search for. Anyways, let's go on, the terrain wasn't so good, I'm more specifically referring to the tile variation and the lack of doodads. It was also odd that there was asphalt tiles, but yet the map felt very medieval, oh well. All in all, a fairly boring, confusing map with rather poor terrain.

2. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    I love it! Its better than all those stupid LOAPs. Only I found few bugs, like: 1.When you have 1 peace of stone and make ordinary wall, stone will not disapear, so you can make milions of walls from one peace of stone! 2.And whats wrong with taxi, it dont works at all!
    At all, I think that this map has a really big potencial. You start as a man that is working dirty job, and at the end, you are a rich business man!

P.S. Can you give me unprotected version of map, I want to see at trigers.

3. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thank you. I would send you an unprotected version, but then of course that runs the risk of other people acquiring it and making rigged versions. It's not that I don't trust you, I just don't want to make the mistake loap made. I could copy n paste the triggers and PM them to you though.

4. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Updated to v0.1a: Fixed a few bugs.

5. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    You haven't fixed all bugs with taxi. Sometimes you can't quit from taxi job, and sometimes you don't get taxi car or you still have it when you quit.

6. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    WHEN IT'S GONNA BE READY THE 1.0???

I WANNA PLAY IT ^^!

Great map!!!! give 20/5

7. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    lol :D you can still play it, you know. I'm still working on it.. kind of.

EDIT: I'm starting to work on it much more now. v0.2 will be a huge step-up.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  8. 3rgytr54

3rgytr54

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  9. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Given the fact that this is discontinued, and the huge number of bugs, I think it should be rejected.
    Lulz, teh phurnichur moves!

10. Krl70

Krl70

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is an extremely nice idea, with some work it could really be good. For now i give it 3/5 but with later improvement i may increase.

11. GameShark22

GameShark22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Are you working on this at all?

12. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, I've stopped working on this awhile ago. Maybe I should release the latest version I have, which is much better than the one currently uploaded (I think).

I've moved on to things outside of Warcraft. I'm developing a Flash game at the moment. It has a couple of similarities to this map, though it's in the time of swords and whatnot.

Anyways, why do you ask? :p

13. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well yes, you could upload a latest version. Just without that terrible first person like in that version you gave me, please.
    Flash games? Outside warcraft? Have you ever tough about Starcraft 2?

14. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried Starcraft II's editor during the beta and I found it to be incredibly complicated :s It even ran slow on my computer that passs all of the system requirements. Besides, Flash games can be played by anyone with an internet connection. Though when I do end up buying Starcraft 2, I'll probably remake this map in it.

I'll also update the map here to the 0.2 in a few minutes.

edit: Map updated. 0.2 is unprotected and new features are probably filled with bugs, but it's still better than the old version.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  15. Spiderligh

Spiderligh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Incrible! beautiful models

16. WONDERWOMAN

WONDERWOMAN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please fix the bug of citizen under water or over roofs, it's too easy to fix...
    The idea is really good. I give it 3/5 beacuse is far to be an user-friendly map and need a lot of improvement.

17. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  18. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, those buildings now actually look much better than in version you gave to me... or it's just me?
    So are you gonna continue this project (You can try by making smnall updates with minor changes, this will help keep on going!)?

19. Skudgemuffin

Skudgemuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe I will continue it if it starts to get attention, but otherwise I think I will be more productive working in Flash or Starcraft 2.