• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Durotar v0.2

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Durotar ORPG

Descriptions: This map is an ORPG (Open Role Playing Game) type of map where you're in Durotar

Characters
Lv. 1 Blademaster - Player 1
Lv. 1 Far Seer - Player 2
Lv. 1 Warlock - Player 3
Lv. 1 Hunter - Player 4

Credits:
-Blizzard

Changelog:
v0.1 Map made added lots of areas
v0.2 Added lots of areas including echo isles (pre-cata)
v0.3 Added warlock
v0.4 Added rebels
v0.5 Added Razor Hill/Orgnil Soulscar
v0.6 Finished map

Author's Notes:
There is no creep respawning or reviving so good luck.
Contents

Durotar v0.2 (Map)

Reviews
00:18, 26th Jan 2014 to

M

00:18, 26th Jan 2014
Hell_Master: Improve your descriptions. All it contains are personal opinions of yours and such. It should contain a brief introduction of the game, it's gameplay, lore (if it has one), screenshots to show some terrain and gameplay screenshots (optional though but I suggest you to put some) and credits to give thanks to the users you have used their resources with.

Updated! Better description, now what's left is for me to test it.

to

Map has no ratings and this is Rejected. See here on my review for informations: Review. Please do take this to the Map Development and work this out until this is finished so you can submit it here once again when it is fully completed or in a state of feeling complete. Until then, as I've said, Rejected.

Level 30
I see you improved the description but there are so many typos and such so I did some fixing in it and improvements... now, what's left is for me to test it. Good luck!

P.S: I also changed the map type to RPG seeing in your descrption that it is ORPG. But that might change once I played the map.

Level 21
Unfortunately, this map is really terrible! Here are the main reasons:-

- No victory or defeat conditions, just the common Melee Initialization with some triggers deleted. So this means that the game lasts forever and no events will happen!
- Very flat terrain, very badly used tile variation and a strong lack of doodads
- No quests to tell me what to do
- The fortress Orgrimmar and the orcish barracks Razor Hill are so huge that I can enter inside them like a ghost!
- All hero abilities are blizzard ones, nothing new
- The game is really boring and has nothing innovative or something making this game different from any other one

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Read a lot of tutorials about terraining and how to create successful ORPGs
- You must put a quest that tells me what to do
- Use pathing blockers to stop me from entering in the buildings. They are in the Doodads Palette ---> Pathing Blockers ---> Choose "Pathing Blocker (Ground) (Large)"
Apply them all around the buildings and the problem will be resolved
- New abilities and heroes, not old ones
- Put AT LEAST a victory and defeat condition
- Apply something that makes the game exciting
- I recommend you to use custom models and icons

OVERALL RESULT:-
In conclusion, this map is really horrible. It's the classic cheap map which can be done in a few minutes. Mah, 0.5/5 and vote for SURE REJECTION!

Level 4
Unfortunately, this map is really terrible! Here are the main reasons:-

- No victory or defeat conditions, just the common Melee Initialization with some triggers deleted. So this means that the game lasts forever and no events will happen!
- Very flat terrain, very badly used tile variation and a strong lack of doodads
- No quests to tell me what to do
- The fortress Orgrimmar and the orcish barracks Razor Hill are so huge that I can enter inside them like a ghost!
- All hero abilities are blizzard ones, nothing new
- The game is really boring and has nothing innovative or something making this game different from any other one

SUGGESTIONS:-
- Read a lot of tutorials about terraining and how to create successful ORPGs
- You must put a quest that tells me what to do
- Use pathing blockers to stop me from entering in the buildings. They are in the Doodads Palette ---> Pathing Blockers ---> Choose "Pathing Blocker (Ground) (Large)"
Apply them all around the buildings and the problem will be resolved
- New abilities and heroes, not old ones
- Put AT LEAST a victory and defeat condition
- Apply something that makes the game exciting
- I recommend you to use custom models and icons

OVERALL RESULT:-
In conclusion, this map is really horrible. It's the classic cheap map which can be done in a few minutes. Mah, 0.5/5 and vote for SURE REJECTION!

I hope you do know that this is my first map and it took me almost 5 hours to make thanks for acully trying it

Level 21
I hope you do know that this is my first map and it took me almost 5 hours to make thanks for acully trying it

You should know some bad things about this website:-

1- Some people don't really care how much time you took and how much effort you put in a map, they only care of the quality of the result
2- Not everyone will be more generous just because this is your first map

With these things being said, good luck for the update!

Level 4

1- Some people don't really care how much time you took and how much effort you put in a map, they only care of the quality of the result

k just wanted you to know i fixed some stuff like player 1 having both a warlock and a blademaster :goblin_good_job:

Level 10

Oof, that's a harsh attack.

The Hive Workshop Official
mr_design_mapreview.jpg

Map Reviewer: Daffa the Mage
Map Name: Durotar
Map Author: Unknown (brygor009)

mr_design_mapaspects.jpg

Presentation

A Bad presentation I must admit, you also need to add an author.
your map also need to show screenshots in map description.

Score: 8/100
Critical Error -> Vote for Rejection!

Design

pretty much mostly they're just default UI.
you can add other stuffs and replace lumber from the UI with a new resources.

Score: 19/100

Terrain

Terrain is flat and not too good, it also lacks of doodads. big designing is necessary to make it feel good.

Score: 26/100

Object Data

Pretty much mostly are default stat, there are nothing much of an issue, but still, modification on it are pretty lacking, it doesn't really add new essence to gameplay.

Score: 54/100

Gameplay

Not worth mentioning, pretty much not worth playing because of lacking events and such.

Score: 14/100

mr_design_suggestions.jpg

Site Rules
Map still in development? Make a thread in the Map Development Section for feedback.
Tutorials

mr_design_finalresult.jpg

Final Score: 24.200/100
1/5 Vote for Rejection

mr_user_Daffa_the_Mage.jpg

Contact: (Visitor Message) / (Private Message) / (Map Reviewers)

Level 30
Okay played the map and I, as a player did not even enjoy this. You have allies with you yet they are your enemies. It seems you forgot to tick Allies on the Force Properties with each forces.

It's very easy also to get lost in this game for there are no guidelines or quests to guide you whatsoever. Enemies even are not edited and does not even pose a challenge. When you are pretty much high level, you can solo this. There is no teamwork into this. Most of the dungeons are not enterable also.

Items are all plain warcraft 3 standard items. In RPG, it is always recommended to bring something new into the items in my own point of view. And even the items does not help you on most fight for your hero is just more than enough to slay all of the creatures.

Terrain is also pretty bad. It lacks tile variations, empty environment or lack of details, flat terrain, ugly usage of Blizzard Cliffs, and more problems and faults can be found in your map. I suggest you to use the terrain tools at the Terrain Palette for fixing the tile variations, flat terrain and blizzard cliff problems. Use the Doodad palette and please do give details to the terrain. For a barren terrain, to be honest, there are many doodads/destructibles that can be placed on the terrain itself. Lots of possibilities.

Overall, this map lacks most of the key elements of an RPG such as: quests, a proper reason of everything (what are you doing in Durotar? What is the story behind all of these?), useful items in fights and dungeon crawling, lack of dungeons and lastly, map looks incomplete.

This gets a 0/5 from me and Rejected. Please do work this out on the Map Development (link above on Daffa's post).

@All
Just a clarification also, I edited his description to be much more organized but I agreed to all of you that it still needs more work.

So for the author, please do try to learn BB Codes and do construct also a decent description into this. Use the description that I edited as a guideline or a start for making it better. Best of luck!

Last edited: