• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

is it possible to remove gate way sound+ effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
ok so i found gate ways are very usefull in my map, i would like to remove their sound of teleport however, and animation of teleport because its way too annoying as way gate is used very often.i have found waygate ability in editor but i dont really see an option to remove it lol. second question are way gates safe? dont they cause leaks or fps drop?

Level 13
The way gate's special effect is defined within the Move 'Amov' ability.

upload_2019-5-29_19-59-44.png

Though, Move ability is not available in the object editor by default. You have to extract the "Units/AbilityData.slk" file from the game CASC/MPQ, edit it (by making Move available), then paste it in your War3 folder:

Warcraft III -> Units -> AbilityData.slk (up to 1.29)
Warcraft III -> war3.mpq -> Units -> AbilityData.slk (as of 1.30)

Also, once you open the AbilityData.slk in any text editor, find Amov, and set this C;X5;K0 to C;X5;K1. In this case, C;X5 means "Use in editor".

I.e.
Code:

C;X1;Y408;K"Amov"
C;X2;K"Amov"
C;X3;K"Move"
C;X4;K0
C;X5;K1
C;X6;K0

After doing those changes, restart your editor and you'll be able to see the "Move" ability in the object editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.