• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Introducing Hive WE vs W3 Remastered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
A big conversation about WC3 remaster spawned off the Hive WE announcement. Most off topic posts have been moved here.

I don't get the hype feeling. Blizzard Entertainment already working to remaster WarCraft III and its editor. I'd rather wait for the Blues original Editor than customized one. The customized one have to first become equal to the original which the customized one still have limitations, and then to take steps further while the original I believe is to match Starcraft 2 Galaxy Editor's possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
I don't get the hype feeling. Blizzard Entertainment already working to remaster WarCraft III
Look, I'm as excited for W3 remastered as I assume most of us are, but... Do you have any source on that quote?

Cause as far as I know, nothing has been announced in terms of W3 getting a remastered version. All we know that they are "open to the possibility" of remastering D2 and W3 "at some point in the future", but the last we've heard the info was that "W3 and D2 remasters won't happen for now", because "they want to focus on fixing the core games first". So, at least to me, it sounds like that W3 Remastered is likely to happen at some point, but said point is still pretty far off in the future.

Source: Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 remasters have to wait until the original games are fixed

and its editor.
Once again - do you have any source on that?

Because as far as I'm aware, we don't know what the eventual W3 remaster would bring outside of improved graphics - for example, we don't know whether they'd change the editor in any meaningful way. There was absolutely no information about that if my memory serves right. The only info that I've seen so far is that they are indeed working on improving the original editor (for example by adding some community requested natives - as per @Kam).

match Starcraft 2 Galaxy Editor's possibilities.
Now, I'm not a tech guru, but I highly doubt that's possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 39
Look, I'm as excited for W3 remastered as I assume most of us are, but... Do you have any source on that quote?

Cause as far as I know, nothing has been announced in terms of W3 getting a remastered version. All we know that they are "open to the possibility" of remastering D2 and W3 "at some point in the future", but the last we've heard the info was that "W3 and D2 remasters won't happen for now", because "they want to focus on fixing the core games first". So, at least to me, it sounds like that W3 Remastered is likely to happen at some point, but said point is still pretty far off in the future.

This. People keep throwing around the "remaster" word, as if we're getting a whole new game. As far as I know all that's been confirmed is that they're "bringing the games to modern platforms". This could mean many things. Mostly likely we're looking at something like the Starcraft remaster - upped resolutions on textures and so forth. Nothing to suggest that we're getting some powerful new editor.

It'd be silly to let the idea of a possible remaster years into the future stop us from modding the original game, or make it more moddable like in this case.

Level 6
Do you have any source on that quote?

Yes I do. I have speaked with Blizzard Producer about making the tools to make talents in Warcraft III more easier and the usage of keyboard TAB and CTR hot keys like Heroes of The Storm does. And the Image shows what he told me.

Its up to you to believe if the mail is real or fake, but for me its real and I just know that they will improve the editor as well as the game. There is a reason why they don't post updates yet. However they don't said why they stay silent but its probably because of hardly working.

Well first time Blizzard said its nearly impossible to bring Vanilla World of WarCraft back to live. And most of us watched last year blizzcon and the announcement of Classic WoW Server. I never have any doubts and questioning Blizzard Entertainment capabilities, however the question is will they do it or not.

That counts for the editor capabilities, because since people make the giant list of improvements the classic team probably have no empty space to put the next notes about editor changes.

Attachments

• proof.jpg
    proof.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Reactions: pyf
Level 4
Yes I do. I have speaked with Blizzard Producer about making the tools to make talents in Warcraft III more easier and the usage of keyboard TAB and CTR hot keys like Heroes of The Storm does. And the Image shows what he told me.
So you've spoken to the "Blizzard Producer" about Warcraft III? The image shows a supposed email from Ryan Kinports, one of the many Associate Producers over at Blizzard Entertainment, mentioning some screenshot and directly refers to Hive and then proceeds to ask about applying to Blizzard?

I'm not sure about others but the tiny image shown; the way the email is written and seemingly random reference to Plovdiv in the email just doesn't seem very right to me... People who work in a high-up position tend to have a somewhat strict format they write their response letters in. Usually when I'd contact someone from a medium-large company I get back a templated email with their text smash into the middle of it which is there to make their life easier when responding to larger amounts of emails...

Another thing that doesn't sit right with me is the fact the email is missing from his name, On google the email of the person named is written next to their name in the header in grey, never seen it not have that before.

Oh and the fact that the screenshot was taken the 23rd of January instead of taking a new one at a recent date also doens't sit right with me, But I'm a very skeptical person to begin with.

Well first time Blizzard said its nearly impossible to bring Vanilla World of WarCraft back to live. And most of us watched last year blizzcon and the announcement of Classic WoW Server. I never have any doubts and questioning Blizzard Entertainment capabilities, however the question is will they do it or not.
Blizzard never strictly said impossible towards anything. It was unlikely because of the large undertaking the client and server architecture changes that would be needed to bring Vanilla WoW into the light again. And the fact that the original source files have changed drastically since the old days of WoW making it even harder to actually go back to Vanilla.

---

Personally I doubt a Warcraft III Remaster is coming anytime soon because the original game still needs a fair bit of work. And when a remaster do launch (if it does) then it most likely won't be any large scale changes from what is currently available. Better high-res textures, Model updates, maybe some minor UI rework to make things more responsive...

Level 6
Well that's because i speak with him at January and he asked me where do I live so I told him and he just said that he was been here. The missing name is my original, I do put privacy you know, people can troll all they want these days. And since it was a chance that customer support gave me the mail of Mr. Morhaime and I make my brief about warcraft III and the desire to build a hybrid map from Heroes of The Storm and World of WarCraft. I just send my feedback to the classic team and eventually the Producer contacted me.

Here is my proof

proof1-jpg.291782

proof2-jpg.291786

proof3-jpg.291784

As you can see the privacy is good thing. I won the chance reach out Blizzard President and especially Classic Team Producer. That's why I believe Blizzard Entertainment will surprise us with the remastered game and its reworked editor.

I have never expected The President to reply me, because hes busy man, but I'm glad he did. They do read but not respond the same way as we want them to respond.

And to convince the GM to give me mail of the Company owner sure is not easy to achieve. I'm so lucky, however GM told me they don't share the Producers or the President contacts to random people. Its a very rare case.

Last edited:
Level 6
He is the producer I don't know if its Kam or not, but the fact is that they working on it, so we just have to wait.

Last edited:
Level 14
In my opinion, HiveWE will not enter in conflict with a new editor released by Blizzard. My understand is that HiveWE, once completed, will allows us to have a fully custom editor with tons of new features. Basically, it will be the tool for very advanced modding. As, the video in the article showed, you can already do fancy stuff with it.

Level 20
And the Image shows what he told me.
This screenshot doesn't contain any information that would back your claims, regardless whether it's legit or not.

I just know that they will improve the editor as well as the game
Yeah, I know too - it's in the article I've posted previously. No secret about that.

Still, I haven't seen anything from you that proves W3 Remastered is in the works and that it's meant to contain WE improvements.

I never have any doubts and questioning Blizzard Entertainment capabilities, however the question is will they do it or not.
So... First you've said that you know that they are working on remastering W3 and WE and now you say that the question is will they do it or not? Did I not understand something?

P.S. I've never said that I doubt Blizzard capabilities :)

That counts for the editor capabilities, because since people make the giant list of improvements the classic team probably have no empty space to put the next notes about editor changes.
Kam already said that they are working on adding some natives, so yeah - WE changes are definetely on their radar, but... The changes they are working on - as far as we know - are to the base W3 editor and will come in a patch, not as a part of the feature set of W3 Remastered. Anything else is speculation.

Level 6
Look I cannot give you their plans what they do to the game, I'm not a blizzard employee even kam is restricted to share important information. They are working on it. Ever since the do post the jobs for the classic games. You just ask way too much. If you look at the jobs they still looking for a Animator here: Senior Animator - Art/Animation/Sound

If they don't plan to remaster the game why they would search for animator and if you read this:

Our small team is perfect for someone who is looking for that “indy studio” feel but want to work on EPIC game franchises such as Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo.

You know that there is nothing else but to improve the game such as quality and game mechanics. I can't say that's a speculation.

We all know that blizzard doesn't reveal their plans unless they are few months away to release their product. That happened with The Starcraft Remastered. And if you put some logic, why they would only remaster StarCraft but not WarCraft III? Since we wouldn't see WarCraft 4 WarCraft III Remastered is planned and its in a process of releasing. We don't know the exact same date of its release but we know that it can happen. I guess that answer's your question.

P.S due my low skills of writing and speaking ENGLISH language I sure messed up with that sentence. But it was the WarCraft III and the community that teach me how to write at least understandable. Not all have the privilege to study it in their childhood. For me it was very hard to achieve and even as I write here most of the sentences lacks of punctuation.

Level 20
That's why I believe Blizzard Entertainment will surprise us with the remastered game and its reworked editor.
What they've told you is that they are working on improving the World Editor, which is something that is pretty well known for quite some time.
One thing to note - they didn't tell you that they are working on the W3 Remastered or the W3 Remastered Editor, so the planned improvements might also be for the current version of the live game's WE.

Look, if you have really contacted Mike Morhaime or high ranking devs then good for you, but whether these images are legit or not, it doesn't change the fact that nothing there states or even hints at W3 Remastered. Nor do they contain anything that would be any different than what we already know.

There's also one more fact - if they indeed shared some inside knowledge with you about a project that has not yet been revealed then you couldn't just share that with us as they would force you to sign an NDA before giving you anything :) The fact that you are free to talk about this means that they didn't reveal any secret info to you.

Level 20
They are working on it. Ever since the do post the jobs for the classic games. You just ask way too much. If you look at the jobs they still looking for a Animator here:
Look, I'm not saying that they won't make W3 Remastered, but... Until they actually announce it then nothing is certain.

For example, they might run into some unforseen technical difficulties and just decide that it's not worth it to remaster W3. Or they might come to a conclusion that they'd rather just make a new Warcraft game instead. Or they might release a remaster of some other game that will turn out to be a failure and lose faith in bringing back old games. Or there might be a change in the company's philosophy that makes them drop it. Or something else.

What we know so far is that they are looking into it and perhaps even working on it as there are some signs that point towards W3 Remastered being likely to happen, but as I've said - until they announce it, there are absolutely no guarantees that it will happen and thus we can only speculate.

Moreover, while I agree that W3 Remastered is likely:

a) We don't know when it will happen - it might literally be years away...
b) We don't have any information as to what features the potential W3 Remastered will have and whether WE changes will be one of them.

But hey, I absolutely do hope that you are right and that we'll see a W3 Remastered soon - I believe that's something we can agree on :)

Level 6
Well they logic says that they are in a process. eOtherwise why they would need to hire 3d Animator for StarCraft Diablo and WarCraft Universe?

It makes no sense since we saw StarCraft Remastered. Come on its Blizzard they don't just release 1 classic game and stop there. I can only agree with you if the game was Blackthrone or The Lost Vikings, but we speaking for WarCraft III.

They never shared any knowledge with me. They appreciate the feedback that I give them and put it on their notes. I'm just a random player why they would share something with me? I have never said anything that they share some info about the project. As for the apply. The Producer though I made that image with the talents and then I send him a reply that this image was from custom map.

But I just know since I watch the jobs at classic games. It just makes no sense to put a mistaken world like they need to hire animator for StarCraft and Diablo Universes but not Warcraft Universe. Do you see any sense on their info about the animator job if they not remastering WarCraft III because I sure don't see it.

P.S slow writing and I couldn't see your last reply, but you admitted that you don't say that they are not remastering WarCraft III.

Last edited:
Level 6
How are you sure it's not about Warcraft: Orcs & Humans and/or Warcraft II as @Chaosy implied?

Because Warcraft II is just way too old, if they plan to remaster it they would release few patches, instead they released a patches for WarCraft III, and besides WarCraft II doesn't host any Tournaments while WarCraft III is strong in China. That's why I know its for WarCraft III not WarCraft II.

Level 20
They never shared any knowledge with me. They appreciate the feedback that I give them and put it on their notes. I'm just a random player why they would share something with me?
I appreciate that you're not trying to troll us by claiming that you have inside information :)

Anyway, it seems you are really hyped for and confident that W3 will happen which is why you made it sound as if it was confirmed and I've misunderstood you. Such things happen - we at least shared a productive discussion :)

Going back to the original topic, though.

I agree that at it's current state the Hive WE is not really that useful, but the potential is definetely there and seeing as how there are still quite many talented individuals here, I'd say there's a good chance it will in time evolve into a really nice custom tool.

Keep up the good work, guys! :)

Level 11
Because Warcraft II is just way too old, if they plan to remaster it they would release few patches, instead they released a patches for WarCraft III, and besides WarCraft II doesn't host any Tournaments while WarCraft III is strong in China. That's why I know its for WarCraft III not WarCraft II.
If I were Blizzard, I'd remaster Warcraft I & II first, especially Warcraft I, precisely because they are old and thus need more polish so players can enjoy it. I mean, look at Warcraft I, it's almost unplayable now because of the graphics and the horrible gameplay (imo). I'm not saying Warcraft III remaster is unlikely, but that's what I'd do.

Either way, the point is, we don't know. We do have some hints, but they're no strong proof. At the moment, this is still speculation. Just keep fringers crossed! :cwink:

And anyway, there will be a lot of time before anything remastered is released, that gives us time to use HiveWE. Even if it doesn't totally replace WE eventually, it'll still be a nice tool, as an interesting addition to standard WE.
As for me, I'd love it to provide a tool to increase the tile limits, like JNGP used to. :cgrin:

Last edited:
Level 4

Warcraft II is way too old? It's not much older then Starcraft and Starcraft had it's Remaster made. So that logic doesn't work, and Warcraft III in China doesn't run on Battle.net and they run on a slightly different codebase then ours does. So even if the game is strong in China that doesn't have any sway in what game is being remastered. Diablo II is more active then Warcraft III in the west on Blizzards official servers, They also still maintain the Ladder on there. Remastering that would make a lot of sense.

You assume they're talking directly about Wacraft III because you want it more then the others. But they mentioned All 3 (Diablo, Warcraft and Starcraft) in the job listings, Meaning it could be adding additional content to Starcraft's Remaster or working on Diablo 2 to fix issues there or have a remaster made of that.

Level 6
I appreciate that you're not trying to troll us by claiming that you have inside information

I never said that nor I try to troll anyone, I just said that they are working on the editor and look how far it went.

Last edited:
Level 4
You might not say you want this, but you doubted that I do have contact Mike, and the only way to prove you this is to release his mail to public. Something that I won't do.
You know... as far as I can see no one is asking you to release his email or anything. So I'm not quite sure where that is coming from.

Doubting the legitimacy of something isn't the same as asking you to openly release his email

Level 6
You're right as the job page says they require Animator for their 3 games StarCraft Diablo and Warcraft universes. I think first it would be WarCraft III since they made progress on the game, as for WarCraft I or WarCraft II there is not a single clue that they would working on it. Its a possibility and perhaps they could combine the stories from WarCraft I & WarCraft II into WarCraft III.

Chinese Tournaments have own Blizzard customized platform for games and like Korean Tournaments of StarCraft I was becoming more popular they decided to bring StarCraft I into brand new Remastered game. I believe they are doing the same with WarCraft III. And since their team is not so big and they bring improvements to both Diablo II and WarCraft III the only option is that these games would be remastered. I'm guessing that Diablo II might come first followed by WarCraft III.

I will try to reach Mike and ask him about Remastered WarCraft III. There is no guarantee that he will reply but I guess he will at least read it

Level 20
I will try to reach Mike and ask him about Remastered WarCraft III. There is no guarantee that he will reply but I guess he will at least read it
In before you get a reply like this:

"Hey X, we're just as passionate about Warcraft 3 and Warcraft universe as you are, but sadly we do not have anything to announce about Warcraft 3 Remastered at this moment. If you are interested in new Warcraft content, make sure to check our upcoming WoW expansion called Battle for Azeroth <link>."

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Honestly i would like a whole brand new warcraft 4 instead of a remastered.. they did stuff with starcraft and made a new update for the game and they made diablo all updated and look nice. So i would hope that they would do something to warcraft.. I mean id love a remastered or anything done to the game since it hasn't been updated in a little while now but im not really sure what the hold up is and what the big secret is, do they need more people to work on the game or do they not have the time? i dont know.

Level 6
Here is the message that I send to Mike and what he said about WarCraft III Remastered.

The black bars were created to cover personal information. I was surprised that as he replied that fast, maybe perhaps the topic was important.

READ carefully the part that he say that They don't confirm or deny projects that haven't been announced yet, whether they exist or not.

What we learned is that he didn't said we don't have plans for the WarCraft III Remastered, but at least he give us a clue that its possible.

My guessing is that they are working to fix in game bugs, transformation of the WarCraft III battle.net to look like blizzard battle.net app and at the same time releasing assets for the games which means improving editor and graphics. Probably they have a lot to work before they announce it.

Either they will release WarCraft III Remastered or Remastered WarCraft RTS. Which give us plenty time for discussions about the final product.

img-jpg.291852

Last edited:
Level 11
I think you read what you wanted to read :csmile: He didn't give any clue. He just doesn't say anything. If the project exists, he won't tell, and if the project doesn't exist, he won't tell. That's what he said. Nothing exciting, really!
Don't get me wrong, I'd love one of the Warcraft games remastered too, and maybe something is being developed, but we don't know. For now it's too soon to come to a conclusion. :cwink:

Level 6
For Many years people wanted to see WarCraft 4, but since the WoW story can't fit into new WarCraft RTS game they though they either can remaster warcraft III, or combine WarI WarII and WarIII lore into WarCraft Remastered, since the community demands WarCraft 4.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
@Trakya please stop. That message looks like a program generated reply.
When BlizzEnt will feel like it to make it known to us whether they are indeed working on a Warcraft III enhancement, they will. Until then let's not prolong this anymore than it actually helps anyone.

Of course they can make a Warcraft IV based on WoW, not that I would want or like it but it is very possible.

Level 20
"I appreciate your interest in Warcraft 3 Remastered. We don't typically confirm or deny projects that haven't been announced, whether they exist or not"

So, basically you got this:

"Hey X, we're just as passionate about Warcraft 3 and Warcraft universe as you are, but sadly we do not have anything to announce about Warcraft 3 Remastered at this moment. (...)"
Just without the WoW advertisement part.

The truth is, they haven't and will not tell you anything that isn't already public knowledge, especially in regards to any potential unannounced projects. That's what announcements are for.

Level 13
Most of you forget that the World Editor is extremely clunky; if they wanted to properly improve it i'm pretty sure they'd have to remake (and not remaster) the game. Instead, the first thing i can imagine them doing is increasing its stability and fixing known editor crashes (e.g. hashtables). Then maybe they'll add some useful functions that are missing from the current WE.

This doesn't really undermine Hive's WE as one of its big selling points is to be stand-alone.

Will they remaster WC3 in the near future? Highly likely, nostalgia rakes in the bucks and they know WC3 Bnet is still alive and breathing.

Level 19
Some secret news:
Based on many international WC3 players suddenly obtaining US visas for a secret Blizzard event, fans are speculating that a major WC3 announcement is coming soon!

According to fansite GoodGame.ru, Russian pro Warcraft III players Happy and HawK were in Serbia for the last couple days, attempting to earn a US Visa.

Ukranian Warcraft III player Foggy was also spotted at the US Consulate in Kiev last week, according to German forum Readmore.

From what Happy has told to GoodGame.ru, there will be a private event in the US by the end of the month:
The following information came from General Headquarters of "Emperor" Happy:

A little about the "surprise".

While I can not disclose the details, I was allowed to hint. At the end of this month, there will be a certain offline event - what will be there is still a secret. Because this event will take place in the US - I will need to make a visa.

/.../

I can not reveal the big details yet. But I was told announcement soon.

- Happy

For a while now, rumors have been circulating about a possible Warcraft 3 remaster, a possible Warcraft 4, or even a Warcraft RTS game for mobile platforms.

With so many professional WC3 players being required to obtain visas and make their way to America in the near future, this is bound to be a big announcement. What do you think it will be?

Source: Many Warcraft 3 Players Invited to Offline Event - Announcement Soon?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
If I were Blizzard, I'd remaster Warcraft I & II first, especially Warcraft I, precisely because they are old and thus need more polish so players can enjoy it. I mean, look at Warcraft I, it's almost unplayable now because of the graphics and the horrible gameplay (imo). [...]

For the record:
- War1gus
- Wargus

:cute:

Stratagus - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.