• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Introducing Darkwind RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Can you make a video where we can see the new action bar in use?

Allready working on it, but to make that video look good, I have to work on the talenttreewindow :) and thats really a complicated thing. But I think you can watch a video soon.

Level 11
Added new previewvideo

I just added another previewvideo(can be found in the very first post under videos). It shows how the talentwindow will look. Most of the icons are still placeholders, but I'm sure you can imagine the rest. The talenttrees are organized in 5 tiers. There are 6 talenttrees at all, 2 for each attribute. You can spend up to 29 points in a talenttree.

After you've learned a talent, you can drag/drop the talents into the actionbar. They will appear in the ingameactionbar as well and can be activated by clicking on them. Left click will cast the spell/ability on your actual spelltarget if possible, right click will direct cast on your hero. No need to select. The bar can hold up to 12 spells. You can simple "overwrite" a slot by draggin another spell into that slot. There are still some bugs and problems, but I'm pretty sure I will get this thing to work. The whole actionbar part is done in JASS, cause I decided to learn it *g*

Please give me feedback!

Thy

Level 8
That would be a good idea. Its like another game :D
Looks very cool, i can not wait to play it or a test version :thumbs_up:
I hope you will finish it soon
its really awesome :)
+rep for the cool screens

Level 11
jesus this game is gona be sick

Currently I rewrite the whole GUI thing in JASS. And along that work I make some improvments. F.e. the actionbar now shows the cooldown of a used spell inside the buttons. I created a arrowmovementsystem with cameralocking. It works very smooth. While redoing the thing in JASS I clean every leak I find to increase the performance.

Level 11
I want a Beta!!!!!!!!! :F

A beta is far far away, my friend. I'm currently in pre alpha or something like that^^ To make a demo, I have to get all the needed interface to work. But I'm sure to realease a testmap soon. It will be protected, cause the models and everything else except some triggerscripts that I've adapted(Credtis are given) are selfmade. Stealing stuff won't make sense, cause the models have been created to fit into this map. That means they can be stolen und used in other maps, but not without a bunch of work to do *g*

Level 11
Added a progressoverview

I just added a small progress overview to the first post. That list will be updatet regulary. To sad, that I have exams in the beginning of July.

Level 11
Ofcause not. Trackables is not avilable in GUI. (Don't mention WEU)

It was done complete in GUI by the use of UMSWE(trackablefunctions were added to that editor to appear in the GUImenu). But currently I rewriting everything in pure JASS.

Level 11
really, Thyr, you need to make this a hosted project.

The rules for hosted projects say, that the project must be at least to 75% finished and there must be a playable demo. And I am veeeeery far away from that 75% mark or a demomap.

Level 3
Looks awsome to me! I hope you dedicate a lot of time on this project because apart from being hard, theres a loooooot of things to code out there, best of luck mate.

Level 11
You sai movement will be whit keywords, are you joking whit this system you will create much bug + camera will be SHIT

You simply missunderstood me. I didn't say with keyWORDS. You'll use your arrowKEYS on your keyboard for moving your hero + you can rightclick to instantly turn into that direction. And the camerasystem is veeeeery smooth.

Level 7
I think he wants to know, how you change hero's textures partialy, everyone thinks(including me) that it isn't an another model file attaching to body with same shapes but different textures. Is it available to use more than 1 Replaceable ID textures in same model?

Level 11
I mean your armors Replacable texture (31) or just Attachment?

I allready told you in PM. The chest and legsarmour are replaceable textures and all other parts of armour and weapons are attachments. Hair/ears are also an attachment.

Level 8
One question about your inventory and action bar. What model did you use for the inventory boxes and what was their roll angle degrees? I can't get the roll angle degrees with this other model Im using.

Level 18
i really really really need to talk to you.

I see you have very intricate and complex systems that define your UI and gameplay expierence.

I want to ask you 3 things.

1- Your models are very high resolution and would be very fit for one of my maps in progress, do you mind sharing your models ? Either with just me or the public ? Because it would be helpful to actually have high resolution models out here.

2 - Im creating an RPG of my own, with extremely detailed envirnment, and it screams out to use these types of Armor and ability systems ( especially that beutiful action bar ! ) Do you mind either sharing with us your knowledge of how you either made these systems or give the location in which you got these systems from ?

3 - My project , called the Dark Cloud RPG, features a highly detailed envirnment. If coupled with your scripting, it might make a beutiful rpg together. Not only that, but my map may soon be close to a demo release. would it be possible if we teamed up together ? just a suggestion

BTW : your work is fantastic, especially your models. i hope this project does go to fruction, and i hope one day we can team together =)

Level 11
AKAIMAX said:
One question about your inventory and action bar. What model did you use for the inventory boxes and what was their roll angle degrees? I can't get the roll angle degrees with this other model Im using.

The backgroundframe is a custom model I made myself. the buttons are simple quares that are plugged into the background. The camera stands in a 90° right over the model, so no need for rolling or pitching the slots.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm really proud of the models and how the turned out, ven if there are many things to fix and improve. But you have to understand my position, that I'm unwilling to release stuff to public before my own project is finished. Cause I spend sooo damn much time and work into the models and functions. But I'm willing to help out if asked how I did things. Simple send me a PM.

thedeathunterxx said:
2 - Im creating an RPG of my own, with extremely detailed envirnment, and it screams out to use these types of Armor and ability systems ( especially that beutiful action bar ! ) Do you mind either sharing with us your knowledge of how you either made these systems or give the location in which you got these systems from ?

I know your project and have to agree that the terrain looks very nice. Some parts of my GUI is based on DGUI made by ashujon. I upgraded it to fit my needs and make the actionbar possible.

Level 8
I found other item slot models to replace them. But how does that work? Your camera changes when you go into Inventory System? And are the models already made to fit your camera?

Level 11
I found other item slot models to replace them. But how does that work? Your camera changes when you go into Inventory System? And are the models already made to fit your camera?

When opening the inventory or any other Interface the camera pans to the position of the background and rotates 90° vertical right over the GUI. Like I said the slots and buttons are simple 2d squares. The interfaces are created via trigger once and then get updated if something changes. The models and background were made to fit into the GUI with the used camerasettings.

Level 11
I don't have more than 1 replaceable texture on my hero model. It's simple a 31one. But I have different versions of the textures. One shows only the chestarmour with no legs armour, one shows only the legs armour without the chest. And one shows both. In addition to that I have combinations of every chestarmour with every legarmour => maaaaany different textures. Via triggers is detected which texture needs to be applied to the model to fit the items the hero has equipt.

Level 11
But you hero can't wear (example: Warrior legs and mage armors) becose you will need create more textures. For 10 set you will need 100+ Textures

For sure he can, each texture is only 23kb and it is singleplayer => no size restrictions. And the textures are created quite fast. Cause after the first texture is finished I simple have to copy&paste it to create the needed other textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.