• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

improving a already made model without editing the model it self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i see in skin section, the yellow chocobo with elf, and i though 'wow, that's awsome, if i only allowed to made a model like that'
Actually, i didn't want to edit the hawk strider, i want to make one, with something new, so, here i am, asking if this allowed or not
I wanted to create a chocobo base off the hawk rider , removing the elf, and adding legs, after that search for a good skinner to make the skin, and upload it to the model section

Level 1
Not the already made by a user, but using hawk rider as a base model
:)
And delete all the sequence, adding new bones, creating new animation
But after all, i will use the meshes of dragon hawk rider, not hawk strider
:)

Now i do not know alot about modelling and editing a model etc., actually, quite close to nothing, but adding bones, isn't that editing a model?

Level 17
For skin, actually yes and no, yes because i need a good skinner, and no because in thw there's no custom 'chocobo' like skin
And i was talking about making a model smiliar to this but take note: i'm will not editing the model created by him, but improving a dragon hawk rider to looks like chocobo

Status
Not open for further replies.