• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[IMPORTANT] Bitdefender detecting Sharpcraft as Ransomware, infected file and PUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, yesterday I've updated and renewed my license in Bitdefender 2016 to Bitdefender 2017.

As I run the Sharpcraft, Bitdefender showed me 6 critical notifications notifying me that is a Ransomware.
Because it wanted to change in Debug.txt, which is not a work of a real Ransomware

Could you make this application more friendly to the Computer System because it is detected as a Ransomware, infected file and PUP.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
So, yesterday I've updated and renewed my license in Bitdefender 2016 to Bitdefender 2017.

As I run the Sharpcraft, Bitdefender showed me 6 critical notifications notifying me that is a Ransomware.
Because it wanted to change in Debug.txt, which is not a work of a real Ransomware

Could you make this application more friendly to the Computer System because it is detected as a Ransomware, infected file and PUP.
I'm afraid that's not possible. The way SharpCraft works is just like a lot of viruses, so programs detect it as a virus.

Level 5
I'm afraid that's not possible. The way SharpCraft works is just like a lot of viruses, so programs detect it as a virus.

Well, I believe because you are the creator and the process of Sharpcraft is just like other viruses by writing down information into a certain file, like debug.txt, and plus I got this information from Bitdefender's Website:

BITDEFENDER:

" Whenever any suspicious pattern of activity emerges on an endpoint, samples are sent to Bitdefender cloud. The sample is automatically analyzed in the cloud and if it’s found to be ransomware, a signature is generated and pushed in less than 30 minutes.

After the signatures gets pushed, propagation takes approximately 3 hours to get on all endpoints via product update.

To minimize the propagation windows, a similarity hash will be calculated for locally executed files and compared to the cloud. If there’s a match with a sample that’s already been tagged as ransomware, but has not yet been delivered to endpoints via update, it will automatically be blocked from executing. This will offer the best minimum reaction time. "

So that means that Sharpcraft.exe's signatures were sent to the cloud storage of Bitdefender already, or is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.