• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Campaign Won't Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, I've been working on this campaign of mine for a bit now and while I do have a few backups, my current one has a lot of new things in it that the previous versions don't and for some reason it isn't opening.

Just moments ago I was able to save it, but then I noticed something peculiar with how it saved. The progress bar for it suddenly disappeared, but the editor was responding so I brushed it off. I booted up WC3 and for some reason it wasn't loading, it was just a black screen and the mouse showed that it was apparently "loading". I restarted my computer because I knew it wasn't going to boot anytime soon.

As soon as the PC restarted, I opened up World Editor and tried to open my campaign. It didn't do anything. The campaign is still 21 MB as I had left it, but for some reason it doesn't want to open. Afterwards I tried SharpCraft to open it, but it also didn't work. My friend also was not able to open it when I sent him the file.

Warcraft 3 also shows the campaign with just the name of it, "The Sundering" with no picture and it saying Nondescript in the description. When opening the campaign, it just shows a black screen and "Just another custom campaign" as the title.

I also got a new folder named "WorldEditor.exe Errors" with one error in it: (this isn't the what the full note contains, just the first part of it)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exe: C:/Users/intel/Documents/Warcraft III/World Editor.exe
Time: Jul 7, 2018 3:38:11.582 AM
User: intel
Computer: DESKTOP-H6C7TU9

This application has encountered a critical error:

Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.

Program: C:/Users/intel/Documents/Warcraft III/World Editor.exe
Object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@

The "Not enough memory resources are available to process this command." really has me curious. Both the campaign file and the error message are attached to this post down below.
If you know anything about this problem, please don't hesitate to tell me. While I do have a few backups the newest version has a lot more things to it than the previous versions, and it really kills my motivation to see that I can't open it.
Thank you.

Attachments

• The Sundering.w3n
    21.1 MB · Views: 55
  • 2018-07-07 03.38.11 Error.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 57
Level 5
Maybe the file name is what causing it? I remember that some file names often stop them from being opened. Maybe your file name is incorrect.
Uh, no. I'm pretty sure it's in the attached files with .w3n, the file name for campaigns.

Level 5
Any backup file?
Yeah, I'm currently working on updating my backup up to the point of the damaged file's. I can manage. I just wonder if the file I sent could be restored in any way or even if I can just learn the cause of why it happened to prevent it from happening in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.