• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Won't Open - Needs a CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hi everyone,

I can't open up the World Editor for Warcraft 3 without inserting a CD. The same thing happens when I launch the wrong .exe from the programs folder. I presume this is because opening such .exe actually opens an old version of the game. These versions required a CD to play. Is World Editor the same?

See the picture

warcraft-3-folder-png.302518

I tried re-installing Warcraft a couple of patches ago but it did not work. Since the bug came about, I've been using the PTR Editor, lol.

How do you guys open the World Editor? Is something wrong with my installation?

Level 16
Alright, I'll give it a go. Properly cleaning the registry can be a pain though. Some programs generate keys is various locations, sometimes under various names. I'll let you know what happens.

Edit: Did you install with your CD, or from an installed downloaded from Blizzard

Edit 2: So it turned out I had 2 installations of Warcraft 3 on my computer. Though I'm not sure how this happened. Oh well, it's fixed now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.