• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cannot open maps in editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I recently downloaded WC3 again from Battlenet (my old CD keys) and now I'm having trouble accessing maps on the world editor.

Once world editor is open, hitting open map reveals a blank folder. However, when I check it from my desktop, the maps are visible but cannot be opened.

This is all on a Surface Book.

Welcome Zeadeth!

First off, what version of Warcraft III are you running? To check, open the game and tell us the number in the bottom right corner. The latest version is 1.28.5.7680. If you are on the latest version, check your "Documents/Warcraft III" folder instead of the one on your hard drive.

If you are running an older version, make sure you have admin privileges for that folder. Otherwise you can try right-clicking World Editor, and selecting "Run as Administrator". The other option is to copy the map(s) into your Documents folder and open/edit it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.