• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

NewGen WE cannot find Frozen Throne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I was using the Newgen World Editor for my map on my old pc.

I had to get to a new PC so I backed them up along with the newgen WE files but when I try to open the NG World editor it only shows Reign of Chaos and not Frozen Throne. I downloaded Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne from Blizzards site and have the legit cd-key for it as well.

Maps are not broken I can play them but cannot open the editor for Frozen throne, only Reign of Chaos.

If there are any Newgen World Editor users that could help, I would be grateful.

Level 21
Well that's blizzard patch 1.28.3&4 for ye. :confused:
JNGP can't find the war3.exe anymore because that patch forged war3.exe and tft.exe into one.

Your best bet would be to from now on keep 2 separate wc3 versions. One 1.27 (downloadable from battle.net) for using JNGP and one 1.28+ updated for playing.

Or use the new Sharpcraft editor SharpCraft World Editor Extended Bundle, which functions properly but misses UMSWE features and the colorizer.

Level 2
Oh, and I was wondering why my War3 folder looks a bit different derp.

Well it's not like Blizzard haven't given me more work to do more than neccesary before. Thanks for the advice.

But it's gonna be a pain in the a** since this is the battle.net version installing a 2nd version will be hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.