• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor closes automatically upon opening projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well I'm currently relegated to working on my laptop due to my desktop computer being out of commission.

The World Editor opens fine, but when I attempt to open a map, it just closes, no error message or anything.

Any advice on how to fix this?

Last edited:
Level 9
Hmmm, I have never encountered such a thing before, but let me see what I can do...

But I think any of these two methods should help :-

1.Right click on the world editor Icon
2.Go to properties
3.Go to the compability tab.
4. Tick the box saying run this program in compability mode.
5. In the field saying "run this program in compability mode for - " select windows 2000
6. Restart the Editor

--------------------------------------OR--------------------------------------------------
1.Open an antivirus software (download one if you don't have)
2.Run a scan on your Wc3 folder
3. If you find any threats, remove them.
4.Open the editor.

If this does not work then please message me, I may be able to help.

You could try this ^

Or you should wait for the world editor to load the full map (by not doing anything.)
Does the crash happen instantly upon opening a project?
Or does it load the units, terrain and stuff, then the crash happens?

Level 14
@blancfaye: Demon_Slayer's methods unfortunately didn't work. The world editor will open up just fine, and I can open projects under the "Recent Projects" tab. But the instant I go click the "Open Map" button it just shuts down. I've always had to open my projects via the Open Map button so this makes the editor nigh unusable for me at least in terms of opening downloaded maps / editing old projects not on the recent list.

@Wietlol: See normally I'd do that, but I'm currently relegated to a laptop with no disc drive and don't have access to my old B.Net account so I'd have to buy a new WC3 Battle Chest.

Level 14
Wietlol, that usually happens to me when I try to open DotA, cause my laptop isn't that good to open such a big map.. check your laptop system info

I have a pretty powerful laptop so that's not an issue. It never had problems before until recently.

Edit: I'd like to add as well that I found out it not only closes when trying to open a map, but trying to save one as well.

Bumping because I just wanted to let the mods now that the problem is fixed, it just required a reinstall. The topic can be closed / moved / sent to the shadow realm or whatever happens to it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.