• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm asking for your opinion about the Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
For some reason the people who sort through resources and ban Naruto fans have become the subject of some criticism lately. It's even said that the French users are threatening to barge into Ralle's palace and slice off his head with a guillotine (their threats not mine). Apparently it's not polite to be condescending to anyone lesser than them, which makes having power all the less fun.

But seriously, the last thing people need to do is complain about the mods for a site whose main purpose is to let you download free resources for your maps, or to download maps in general. The forums are optional and unnecessary for all users of the Hive, and you should all know that what you write down is actually recorded here.

People who hate/criticize the mods can be annoying, but it's natural.

Mods who won't take any amount of criticism at all are equally annoying.

However, people should be able to say what they want (in a polite manner). That's why I created this thread. I am asking for your opinion about the Mods.

Now the other thread is completely invalid and untrue.

Last edited:
Level 12
Darn, missed my chance to say inb4 mod spam.

I'd respect more mods here if they wouldn't stop... ganging up on threads they don't like, and trolololololing them to the point were one of them locks it for going off topic, the best example being the telepathy thread. Too bad all the posts were removed from mods that spammed it to death.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I really hated Dr Super Good when he was a moderator. He used to reject resources all day and touch other peoples posts all the time and overall act like an ass. Luckilly he got what he diserved when they fired his ass. God what were the administration thinking when they hired him... They could have hired a donkey, or maybe a concrete wall but instead they got that guy.

I bet you he still can edit my posts...

EDIT - Dr Super Good, this is your last warning to stop flaming me. If you continue this you will be neg repped and infracted!

Last edited:
Level 19
I really hated Dr Super Good when he was a moderator. He used to reject resources all day and touch other peoples posts all the time and overall act like an ass. Luckilly he got what he diserved when they fired his ass. God what were the administration thinking when they hired him...

Agreed. He always thought he was so smart helping everybody with their coding problems, and making awesome spell resources that no one could replicate.

Good thing they got his ass good.

The problem, I think, comes from the users. They think they can do what ever they want to do and say what ever they want to say. It's because of that state of mind, that when a mod -neg rep them or does something that stops them, they don't understand the logic behind this act: that what they did was wrong and none-respectfull. Most of the trollers and haters never read the rules...

I do think tough, that a few moderators aren't respectfull and don't act like a mod should, but that's why we have the ''contact admin'' sub-forum, so you can critique a mod behavior and the admin will read what you have to say...

users seems to forget about that too....

Something else, moderators aren't simple users... at some point they are, but they have been picked in the first place by other moderators, because they had the skills to be abble to help the others in their own respective field of skills. Also, because they are folowing the rules and because they have the valors to act right when it's needed...

yes, a few moderators have changed since the momment they got promoted, and that's why you should report them.

Anyhow, I rarely think it's a moderator problem, but mostly a user problem...

A user that acts stupid, will be treated like a stupid member. Some mod might act more harsh than other, but the ''Flamming users'' and ''Trolling users'' will still be treated the way they should be treated.

Beside, just like Gausslander said, moderators of this forum, moderates in their spare times, volontairy, and users seems to forget about that..

anyhow, sorry for my english

Level 19
Your comment makes sense and is well thought out.
I agree with what you said about the moderators changing, but that is to be the case with almost everyone who is given a position of power in any realm of life.
They're chosen from the best, and those who complain about them could do no better a job then them at their respective fields, and 90% of them probably haven't read the rules or even know how a website actually works, or that money is required to keep one running...

Moderators are lovely, its those users that piss me off. Especially the ones that like to kiss ass. I mean, Moderators are friendly, decent, hard-working people, so I think they have earned enough respect to be left alone by those god-awful suck-ups. They have more than enough intelligence to realise how wonderful they really are without some lowlife noob smothering them. If only I could permaban those sick bastards, that ought to give you moderators a few minutes of peace and quiet. Its what you mods deserve for being the greatest users on THW.
Lots of <3, XOXOXO, GhosT.

Level 17
They only look out for your best interest by not approving of your shit resources, deleting your useless posts and making you feel bad about yourself.
:goblin_good_job:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why is this thread not closed yet? Normally these threads are gone within a few days.

I am going to admit that I do have problems with the current staff, but that is cause I know them a lot better than the average user does. These problems however should already be known to them and the ones that are not do not concern them as I no longer work for them.

Level 40
I wonder who moderates the Mod section?
The admins obviously?

--

People who think that the mods/admins do it as some sort of personal sacrifice are delusional. Some people like the power aspect. Hell, I liked it because I was bored and found it fun. There are many reasons to want to be a mod, and it usually (always?) isn't a "for the greater good" sort of thing.

Level 19
I find it adorable that this thread survived...
but it's working as intended. There is no real drama here, no anarchy, no "rebellion".
There are people without power, and those with it. And the balance is kept because there are really more than one leader here, it is an oligarchy--meaning an entire group holds it together.

Level 6
Rawr neg rep time for off topic?

I vote I should be promoted to map mod and anti troll mod, totally offtopic and somewhat related to the topic.

The current system seems not to work in which case meaning people have too long before being banned if they're a troll or someone who doesn't belong here as well I have seen many people as well mods get away with things here at the hive.

Level 18
There I was hoping this thread actually could turn into an interesting discussion and be a good way to provide some feedback, since there's always room for improvement... D;

Status
Not open for further replies.