• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What is your specialty in wc3 modding?

What is your wc3 modding specialty?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Quoted from the Introduction Forum: "The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders of all skill levels among its users."
-Wolverabid

So lets hear what you're best at concerning wc3 modding. What are the skills you wish to improve? What advice can you give to people who share your interests? Which people do you think do their jobs best in their area of modding?

Personally I am practicing terraining and voice acting. I wish to improve those skills as much as possible. Though I would really love to model or skin, I don't have some of the essential tools and am afraid it will take me years to reach the quality of some people's work.
My idols: Madsen (terraining), General Frank (mdl. editing), Chriz. (animation), erwtenpeller and camel's_hump (skinning), Elenai (fresh ideas and modding spirit).

Level 13
I make the comics... theres no poll option for "other". -.-'

But I do try to help people with ideas, so I'll vote that.

Modelling.

It's pretty much common knowledge these days that me and JetFang are the gods of special effects here, except I'm the only one still around.

And I've made some nice models, with no anims... and right now I'm getting better in geomerging.

Oh, sure I might sound pretentious, but hey, I'm awesome. Get used to it.

:p

JetFang is still around Wc3c WILL, so you can't claim the throne just yet, just here at Hive :p

My speciality is terraining and generally actually completing maps of decent/high quality. To date I've finished 10 maps or so.

Level 6
As of now, I know some stuffs concerning Triggering(GUI) and fond of ideas(but iI'm too shy to share them. -_-). Currently training myself on terraining. Then after that I'll go to JASS. ^^ I also want to learn how to make my own models though not now I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.