• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I am extreamly bored - need beta tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go play Ice Race in my signature!

I encountered a mega bug in your map and have it on saved game, I posted the replay: Go 8x the speed to watch a trolling troll going inside a car :D and when you reach minute 43 - 45 , go 1/2 speed to see that bug: my car was lifted into the sky for 10 seconds, the camera was showing black and I was unable to move it.
That is all the bugs there are :D.

If you want to hear suggestions, read this, if you hate other people
suggesting you what to do with you own maps, skip reading.
It was fun to play your map :D

1) Parhaps its allready there, but I write it anyways: different terrain, different speed.
( sand = less steady, rocks = faster, steady , ice = faster, unsteady)
[this include the end of loop in which you given special terrein - it will fit]
2) Stuck inside rocks is NOT instant death: instead, move the car to start of the loop.
[its the same but picking new car wastes time and change the fairness]
[since it make new viacle from inside the race and waste time]
3) Hit a rock = sound.
[for being more realistic, and since it could make mass sound, make]
[a timer to force sound once a second, connect me if you need help]
4) Hit a rock ???? hearts? maybe "Bam" will fit better
[Racings was never a game for girls]
5) Custom car should start with some sort of better model as defult than green box with black dots.
[when a person go racing he can't efford time to open worldedit]
6) start of race = stuck in place for 4 seconds, and don't add those seconds to the timer, instead go floating text "3" "2" "1" "go!!!"
[realistic, dramatic, fun]

Attachments

• TrysavedReplay.w3g
    289.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 25
1) Parhaps its allready there, but I write it anyways: different terrain, different speed.
( sand = less steady, rocks = faster, steady , ice = faster, unsteady)
[this include the end of loop in which you given special terrein - it will fit]
2) Stuck inside rocks is NOT instant death: instead, move the car to start of the loop.
[its the same but picking new car wastes time and change the fairness]
[since it make new viacle from inside the race and waste time]
3) Hit a rock = sound.
[for being more realistic, and since it could make mass sound, make]
[a timer to force sound once a second, connect me if you need help]
4) Hit a rock ???? hearts? maybe "Bam" will fit better
[Racings was never a game for girls]
5) Custom car should start with some sort of better model as defult than green box with black dots.
[when a person go racing he can't efford time to open worldedit]
6) start of race = stuck in place for 4 seconds, and don't add those seconds to the timer, instead go floating text "3" "2" "1" "go!!!"
[realistic, dramatic, fun]

Yay, that's some good feedback there :)

1, 2, 3 - will do
4 - because the wall loves you <3
5 - this is quite intentional; to emphasize that the car is custom
6 - will add for races!

The version you played only had the time attack mode, where players just compete on whatever track as they please to get the best lap times.

Busy with the finishing touches of the race system right now.

Thanks for the excellent feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

EDIT: Regarding the bug, congratulations on setting a new high jump record :)

What happened was that the wall knocked you back, and because you were knocked onto a higher ground (by a relatively HUGE amount), and in the next iteration of the movement loop, you became airbourne.

Last edited:
5 - this is quite intentional; to emphasize that the car is custom

What happened was that the wall knocked you back, and because you were knocked onto a higher ground (by a relatively HUGE amount), and in the next iteration of the movement loop, you became airbourne.

Fast walking sheep maybe? :D

I was moving, ever so slowly, into the doodle that is a warcraft ramp, i didn't make the jump due to my too low speed and then I crushed between the race rocks and the doodle, due to the rock pushing me backward and the doodle giving me speed boost, there was a loop which caused this bug in which I was setting the best flying records - even for astrunauts.
This should be fixed like this: the place between the rocks and the ramp should be same as failing the race, being moved into the start of the loop.

Last edited:
Level 25
I was moving, ever so slowly, into the doodle that is a warcraft ramp, i didn't make the jump due to my too low speed and then I crushed between the race rocks and the doodle, due to the rock pushing me backward and the doodle giving me speed boost, there was a loop which caused this bug in which I was setting the best flying records - even for astrunauts.
This should be fixed like this: the place between the rocks and the ramp should be same as failing the race, being moved into the start of the loop.

No, I've explained how it happened already :/ (I watched the replay and saw what happened, and described how the system handled it in my previous post)

I don't code the maps each with their own triggers, but rather use a system that looks at the environment and decides what to do.

This instance has already been fixed by removing the possibility of falling there.

No offense, but you should first go look at the code and understand the system before you tell me how to fix it.

you can try my mod vs orc AI
Your mod offers a different game style, which is based on macro and it is seenable that it had lots of things from Age of Empire in it, its good that you had idea while you made this map since it made it really solid. Also, your system offers new AI which is funnier to play againts, this is why I pointed many of my review toward that new AI system.
Begin with the bugs:

Spotted bugs:
1) Computer is sending too many workers to goldmine, most of the times, 4-8 are paused. [smarter system]
2) An enemy legion made of milion trolls and tanky units skipped on destroying my defensless gold mine expo and came to fight me while I was reciving gold.
it should insead give priority to attack a base which is a player start location and a base without a player start location, check which is closer or has less number of unit nearby it, and attack the one with the higher priority.
[smarter system]

Misspellings:
3) peon:
abilities: built/repair
|n_space_space_space_space_space_space Harvest gold/lumber
(looks unarranged)
(suggested: Or abilities:|nAbility1|nAbility2 OR abilities: ability1,ability2.)
[better look]
4) Misspellings:
Research dnire wolf training (misspelled dire wolf)
Research Tue Sight (misspelled true sight)
wolves breeding description is missing a "|n" before the green "Upgrade"
Ogre Built time|. <= this | is probably |r without finish, misspelling "time."
Troll Necrolite, and also Raider -> their final line isn't in line with the text, (same as (3))
Death Knight has no text.
Black Dragon airunit.children (misspelling airunit. children (space missing))
Black Dragon ability -bounce (aa) (this ability has same as (3) and also "aa" is a term which is not alloweded in games, say "anti air" instead (when players win he will not see "gg", he will see "victory" since shortcuts aren't official))
Research animaTe dead (misspelling animate)
Train firelord (misspelling "Become Firelord" or "Morth Into Firelord") [realistic]
barracks: units created: unit1|nspace_space_space_space_space_space unit 2|n_space_space_space_space_space_space unit 3 , etc
( same as (3) )
[better look]
5) When a unit attack, there is a floating text from time to time with title "F" in red, that have nothing to do with the game.
[unknown reason]

6) [CRITICAL ERROR]
While getting hit by stalkers, the enemy try to form milion of formations which are lagging the game hard and don't give them any advantage
(suggested: pick every unit in 500 area who got hit and cant see the enemy, order them to run into the player most close tower, or if the tower can't, make something that counter invisable enemies by default such as castle ability: dust which active when enemy strike near and order the unit group to run into castle, the cooldown should be small on that dust) Also: the computer won't try to upgrade its ability for towers, making it a skiped upgrade, need fix.
Also, The enemy won't take grunts and form them into shades, skipped upgrade.
^ right now, making army of stalkers will indeed means the player won the game.
^ this is also fixable by adding cooldown to permanent invisablity
[CRITICAL ERROR]

~~~ The epic things I liked! : ~~~
I liked how the computer wasn't letting my 1% hp unit to attack it by forcing attack on it :D. Suggested : damage detection trigger: unit health equal to 0.1 x unit max health (10% hp was left ) if unit is not a tower action: set p=500 range behind it, force unit walk backward.
[will fit the correct engeen and make it harder to micro.]
~ The computer attacking my low hp units was indeed the best function in it. ~
Check my latest post, I posted a trigger that shows that idea and added *give credit. Its a usefull trigger.
Also, the computer ranged units attacked my towers ignoring my units!!! that was really better than them "giving up" like in normal AI.
Removing Creeps from game start to discourage players from early going outside the base, making macro (building towers) way more focused and important.
I CAN TRAIN A ZEPPELIN!!! :D
NO FOUNAIN OF HEALTH (no more cheap movements instead of strategy)

If you want to hear suggestions, read this, if you hate other people
suggesting you what to do with you own maps, skip reading.

Suggestions:
1) Add the following information to their texts:
For towers -> Construction time. (found in stats: built time)
For Mains -> Upgrade time. (found in stats: built time)
For units -> Training time. (found in stats: training time)
For Upgrades -> upgrades time. (upgrade1time/upgrade2time/etc)
[Will fit the allready made version]
2) This version was for orc only but to make sure: Archers and Warden must have new stuff! [people who play your mod will notice new things right from the first campaign] and yes, this means doing something with heroes which your version bans. [will fit the allready made version]
3) Pig Farm (orc building) Stats: sound set: pig.
[realistic]
4) black dragon roots should contain the trainable units in Beastiary. [game fairness]
5) The way I saw it, the game lags, lags a lot, why did you add a damage detection system? it works just fine with warcraft armor and there was no special attacks which I encountered to make it a "must have", I think you better off removing that trigger or make some special use of it such as "each unit has chance to heal damage when attack" or stuff like this, overwize the system is needless. [lag decreaser]
6) Create an upgrade to increase mana, mana regeneration and hit points of death knights, they deserve it too!. [balance]
7) Auto cast spell for Death Knights and Warlocks, to allow less micro for the player. [fun gameplay]
8) After 4 minutes of play, the computer pinged me and sent 2 grunt into a
player start location -> which could have been totaly populated by enemy (not responsible way of doing things) suggested: send worker, watch if there is enemy, run back and afterwards send the grunts. [pro player alike smart system]
9) Wolf breeding (a caged place where wolves are sepposed to be trained and raised) offers a grinder which spawns wolves blood over and over just so that the raider who ride them will be able to aim and carry a net
(a tourture cell for animals won't fit description, suggested to change model)
[realistic]
10) Wolf breeding becomes useless once you upgraded its 2 upgrades
(not good for game fun, this tower is nothing but a space taker that player is better shooting at suggest: make thrones comes out of it for strategy of tanky in front , yet too important to be front, upgrade tower)
(second suggestion: or instead, make it be an upgrade tower that can upgrade atlist 16 upgrades, so that up to nearly gameover it will be usefull [each upgrade need 1 to 2 minutes for this to work] )
[fun gameplay]
11) Orc Burrow must be the building who provides food, overwize when a person is tring to train a unit he will hear the sound "built more burrows" and its not connected to what it should built.
[fitting input]

*** I didn't attach a replay since the new mod didn't allow me to save it, I tried to see last game replay but that game stops after 5 minutes, oddly.
(maybe another bug?)

To all those who read this: if you wonder, yes, I am still bored. So if you need a beta tester post it here.

Last edited:
You should first go look at the code and understand the system before you tell me how to fix it.
I was sure it was un-editable...
Anyways, Imma tester, I tell you how I get to see it as a player, so I don't watch the triggers, I'm just playing it.

Ok so lets say that a car is stuck between the rocks and the ramps, then what? the bug got me out of there after 10 seconds, and if you fixed that bug without forcing the car to the loop start, the player will be stuck there untill he change a car.

Level 21
I was sure it was un-editable...
Anyways, Imma tester, I tell you how I get to see it as a player, so I don't watch the triggers, I'm just playing it.

Ok so lets say that a car is stuck between the rocks and the ramps, then what? the bug got me out of there after 10 seconds, and if you fixed that bug without forcing the car to the loop start, the player will be stuck there untill he change a car.

You have proven to be quite a good tester. Lots of information.
Set a computer to "Orc" and handicap to 90 for an AI player. Only 1 race supported, but it can be a powerful one.
Warning: This map contains HUGE amounts of stuff, so it's large and takes long to play.
Also note, that there's a boss that can not be accessed by ground and one that can't be accessed by air.

Attachments

• The Kingdom032a.w3x
    5 MB · Views: 71
You have proven to be quite a good tester. Lots of information.
Set a computer to "Orc" and handicap to 90 for an AI player. Only 1 race supported, but it can be a powerful one.
Warning: This map contains HUGE amounts of stuff, so it's large and takes long to play.
Also note, that there's a boss that can not be accessed by ground and one that can't be accessed by air.

Its ok I have time, The epic Kingdom 32A here I come!
About the settings:
ORC 100% < player
ORC 90% < computer
all others are closed

Did I get it right?

The Epic Kingdom 32A
---------------------------

The map is huge, has lots of great ideals in it, countless good functions but its in a total chaos, its unknown if I should start by creating tree cutters or look for a gold mine, it has good ideas that are in weird order, you don't know what to built, upgrade or train first. ( this missorder might cause players to give up and leave, try to arrange things, and while you do it, think about a clothes that you want to put inside the closet, that will help :D )

Spotted Bugs:

1) Wall (all 4 types) haven't got an icon, this could be because the imported icon didn't have a shutdown version, if it does, make sure the path used is correct.
2) DumbFlesh's ability inside book, replanish mana, look as if no mana cost, cost 40.
3) Slow Poison is mentioned inside the custom buff of Fire (burning archer).
4) Naisha hotkeys: B-link B-erserk.
5) Watch Tower has passive ability with active looking icon named Factory and no description.
6) The active item Obelisc Spawner has passive icon.

Things that looks weird and I don't know if they were intended:
1) Dumbflash's start items has infinite charges (Obelisc Spawner).
2) Undead Raider's Mass Teleporation has required level 1.
3) Village house is invulnerable
4) Dumbflesh Avatar blocks his Roar (this could be reversed by using a dummy that use the same spell but with required level 2, since ultimates bypass spell defenses)
5) The left side of the map has nothing in it: no trees, no circles. Intended?

Misspelling:
1) Naisha's ability inside book, precision "(5)%change" ->"5% chance"
2) Text: "Summon Paladin" summons the hero "Undead Raider" and the text says he should have "Holy Light, Devotion Aura,... etc" none is true.
3) "Defense type:|r asdasdasdas Stone 123123" -> "Defense Type: Stone"
4) Train Archer / Train Skirmisher does not have a mentioned hotkey.

* Overall, the map haven't got huge lag to it, and was actually fast to load, but it had huge lag whenever dumbflesh was using his Replanish Mana, I think this could be fixed by adding cooldown to his ability, maybe it overstress when he try to overuse it.

~~~ Things I liked ~~~
Obelisc has enough attack range to hit unit way, way far away, and the skeleton nuke looks awesome.
Zombie + Reincarnication is absolutly my favorite Movie Scene.
DumbFlesh heals 10 Health when the player rule the blighted side.
My scout bird is doing patrolls on its own.
The sea lines are purple.
Two heroes can summon army of Fast Zombies, and bash everything in their way (permastunner army).
Native Hunters make me occupied while players won't attack.
Obelisc has ability that is the same as free town portal.
Teleporation has awesome special effect.

Suggestions: (not for those with weak blood pressure)

1) Quest, is important, because the game minimap is black and the game mini picture of loading screen is a question mark, it will be easier to understand the game goal if there was a writen Quest log.
2) I don't know if bash XP means "experience" or " :) " , if it do means experience, it will be more official to write the entire word, and tell for bash if it grows upon hits or upoin killings.
3) Give a way for the player to know his lumber's and gold's income, weather by chat massage "-income" or a multiboard.
4) The income is too low, the players should spend 4 hours to obtain enought gold to actually do something, this should be done faster or in greater ammount.
5) considering how a player could get infinite Heroes, it should be suggested that each of those Extra heroes will not have "stats: have hero icon = True", -> "= False".
6) The map looks as if something is totaly missing, in huge scale that I can't describe - and that thing is : ORDER, help the player to understand what is needed to upgrade a keep, help by puting text that is colored in same color so that the player can see conection about 2 building which allows the following upgrade, even if you have to give up on some requiments, do the best you can to make the idea behind the upgrade tree seems as easy to understand as possible.

*** I reached 1 hour of play and decided it was way too much time without a fight, so I desided I want to restart, and make all computer players active this time.

I want to take this map for another try, but first answer me for the "things that looks weird" section, what was intended ? its hard to tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25

You don't understand, I've fixed it by making it impossible to get stuck there. Once again you're making a statement that isn't true.

Anyway I'm definitely going to try your Freedom Force map, I loved that game.

Anyway I'm definitely going to try your Freedom Force map, I loved that game.
You are the first person who didn't say he never heared of the game.
I'm exited to hear your review.

Type -speed to see corrent movement and attack speeds.
There is no dialog yet, just fighting engeen (no cinema or movies)
This is a better version of that map:

Attachments

• Freedom Force V0.075.w3x
    475.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 21
The Epic Kingdom 32A

The map is huge, has lots of great ideals in it, countless good functions but its in a total chaos, its unknown if I should start by creating tree cutters or look for a gold mine, it has good ideas that are in weird order, you don't know what to built, upgrade or train first. ( this missorder might cause players to give up and leave, try to arrange things, and while you do it, think about a clothes that you want to put inside the closet, that will help :D )

Spotted Bugs:

1) Wall (all 4 types) haven't got an icon, this could be because the imported icon didn't have a shutdown version, if it does, make sure the path used is correct.
2) DumbFlesh's ability inside book, replanish mana, look as if no mana cost, cost 40.
3) Slow Poison is mentioned inside the custom buff of Fire (burning archer).
4) Naisha hotkeys: B-link B-erserk.
5) Watch Tower has passive ability with active looking icon named Factory and no description.
6) The active item Obelisc Spawner has passive icon.

Things that looks weird and I don't know if they were intended:
1) Dumbflash's start items has infinite charges (Obelisc Spawner).
2) Undead Raider's Mass Teleporation has required level 1.
3) Village house is invulnerable
4) Dumbflesh Avatar blocks his Roar (this could be reversed by using a dummy that use the same spell but with required level 2, since ultimates bypass spell defenses)
5) The left side of the map has nothing in it: no trees, no circles. Intended?

Misspelling:
1) Naisha's ability inside book, precision "(5)%change" ->"5% chance"
2) Text: "Summon Paladin" summons the hero "Undead Raider" and the text says he should have "Holy Light, Devotion Aura,... etc" none is true.
3) "Defense type:|r asdasdasdas Stone 123123" -> "Defense Type: Stone"
4) Train Archer / Train Skirmisher does not have a mentioned hotkey.

* Overall, the map haven't got huge lag to it, and was actually fast to load, but it had huge lag whenever dumbflesh was using his Replanish Mana, I think this could be fixed by adding cooldown to his ability, maybe it overstress when he try to overuse it.

~~~ Things I liked ~~~
Obelisc has enough attack range to hit unit way, way far away, and the skeleton nuke looks awesome.
Zombie + Reincarnication is absolutly my favorite Movie Scene.
DumbFlesh heals 10 Health when the player rule the blighted side.
My scout bird is doing patrolls on its own.
The sea lines are purple.
Two heroes can summon army of Fast Zombies, and bash everything in their way (permastunner army).
Native Hunters make me occupied while players won't attack.
Obelisc has ability that is the same as free town portal.
Teleporation has awesome special effect.

Suggestions: (not for those with weak blood pressure)

1) Quest, is important, because the game minimap is black and the game mini picture of loading screen is a question mark, it will be easier to understand the game goal if there was a writen Quest log.
2) I don't know if bash XP means "experience" or " :) " , if it do means experience, it will be more official to write the entire word, and tell for bash if it grows upon hits or upoin killings.
3) Give a way for the player to know his lumber's and gold's income, weather by chat massage "-income" or a multiboard.
4) The income is too low, the players should spend 4 hours to obtain enought gold to actually do something, this should be done faster or in greater ammount.
5) considering how a player could get infinite Heroes, it should be suggested that each of those Extra heroes will not have "stats: have hero icon = True", -> "= False".
6) The map looks as if something is totaly missing, in huge scale that I can't describe - and that thing is : ORDER, help the player to understand what is needed to upgrade a keep, help by puting text that is colored in same color so that the player can see conection about 2 building which allows the following upgrade, even if you have to give up on some requiments, do the best you can to make the idea behind the upgrade tree seems as easy to understand as possible.

*** I reached 1 hour of play and decided it was way too much time without a fight, so I desided I want to restart, and make all computer players active this time.

I want to take this map for another try, but first answer me for the "things that looks weird" section, what was intended ? its hard to tell.

Firstly, in order to protect the map I've decided that trees shouldn't be cut.
About goldmines. Well they're useful, but not needed(there are some in the map).
I guess I should state what buildings give income and how much.
Bugs:
1) Actually it's not an imported icon, but I guess I should replace it anyway.
2) Replenish mana doesn't cost mana, but it just transfers it away. This is mean't so that players could focus mana. Such as putting it all on a mage to cast spells faster, or on a melee hero that has war stomp to keep the boss stunned.
3)I'll fix it
4)Hotkeys I haven't done anything with, as I am not sure about the hero skillsets yet. I guess I could just copy the ability and make a new version with a different hotkey,
5)That factory I should change. It's the ability that creates those birds.
6)Don't know what to do about that.

Features
1) This is intended, so that the undead would be hard to beat.
2) It's an ability with questionable usefulness, thus I made it possible to get it early if someone really wants it.
3) This is to prevent newbies from getting slaughtered. Not sure if it really helps though.
4) I've never really had an idea how to fix that, but you gave me an idea.
5) I guess you meant the autumn zone. It's unfinished. However, when you cross it you will find a forest-y land with mountains and 3 bosses. A bit further ahead are 2 more.

Skeleton nuke?

As you probably noticed, the obelisk ability is a reversed town portal with a delay that depends on distance.

Suggestions
1) Not sure if a quests, but I guess I need to explain the lore a lot more and tell what can be done.
2) Yeah, that probably won't hurt
3) Should do
4) Most of the gold income comes from killing natives. Lumber income can be made extremely high, so I guess lumber is not a problem.
Also, gold mines are meant to give a huge bonus to income when mined.
5) Actually infinite heroes is not something that is planned. The reason why obelisks can create extra heroes is that I tried making an undead AI with them.
6) I guess I can try, but this is a huge thing.

By the way, I heard nothing about the bosses.

In short, I think I'll make a new version of the map soonTM. In 12 hours or so.

Level 21
Take your time, as I told I have nothing to do and I'm bored, when you done, post it here and I shall re-review it.
The Epic Kingdom 32B HERE I COME
PS: about the bosses, I never really found them, are you sure you put enough of them?

Fixed most of what you pointed out. Hotkeys will have to wait though, the only way how I would agree to do them now is if someone makes a command card plan for every unit in the game.

Also fixed a massive leak(leaked over 4 000 points) at the start of the game. I'm not sure, but it might be playable in multiplayer too now. Before it used to lag for anyone except the host.

Also, never use more than 2 native AIs. Those things can create huge lag when fighting.
Btw, the reason why 48 fast zombies on berserk are OP against melee is the same reason why some mages can deflect 2k of magic damage and why the cougar markswoman deals over 2k DPS at lvl 20.
Class roles are very enforced.

Attachments

• The Kingdom033a.w3x
    5 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Fixed most of what you pointed out. Hotkeys will have to wait though, the only way how I would agree to do them now is if someone makes a command card plan for every unit in the game.

I seryesly didn't want to do it since its really hard to do it inside of this chat:
but you left me without options:

Guide of how to set hotkeys
1) icons locations
2) abilities hotkeys
3) abilities balance
4) abilies crossers

1) Icons locations
Think about Atchmage, he has blizzard (as I name it "offensive"), Water Summons (as I name it "defensive"), mana aura (as I name it "passive") and teleporation of level 6 (as I name it "ultimate")
Locations are set by "(x,y),(x,y),(x,y)" "(after research)(before researcg)(after research while in autocast form)"
Offensive -> 0,2,0,0,0,0 none autocast 0,2,0,0,0,2 autocast
Defensive -> 1,2,1,0,0,0 non autocast 1,2,1,0,1,2 autocast
Passive -> 2,2,2,0,0,0 nonautocast 2,2,2,0,2,2 autocast
Ultimate ->,3,2,3,0,0,0 nonautocast 3,2,3,0,3,2 autocast

2) Hotkeys -> order for player to have good understanding
Q-> Offensive
W-> Defensive
E-> Passive
R-> Ultimate

Learn Ability Name |cffffcc00[E]|r - [|cffffcc00Level %d|r]
* The [E] will be golden
* Passive abilities need golden letter only inside learn, not inside describe
* %d inside "learn", actuall number of the corrent level inside the level describer
*Stats: Name: "ability name (E)" <- only shown to you, since an upgraded
skill shows the "ability - level 1"
* "Passive ability - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r]"
* "Active ability |cffffcc00(Q)|r - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r] "

3) Abilties balance:
Offensive defensive passive ultimate <- good
Passive Passive Passive - ultimate which is passive <- overpower
Offensive Defensive ActiveAbility Ultimate <- too much micro
* Instant kills, instant turn to gold, instant Charm, should have weaknesses
such as big cooldown or maximum creep level.
* Ultimates should have huge cooldown, this help the player to not need
to spam his best move, which is too much micro for epic move, hence
epic moves should be usefull even if not spammed ( teleport :D )
* No Hero is capable of using 400 mana cost ability, even at level 6
so abilities mana cost should be arround 100 and 200 for ultimates

4) Abilities Crossers:
Roat blocks Avatar

set Roar to be 0.01 seconds and make sure it wont overtake
other roars by testing

create another roar without mana cost (and 999999 cast range for single target spells) and stats - Hero ability = true and Required level = 2

• Event - Unit starts an effect of an ability
  • Condition - abilty was Roar
  • set p= location of casting unit
  • Create dummy at p
  • add "dummy roar" to dummy
  • set level of "dummy roar" to level of ability being cast
  • order dummy to go roar
Following these
* No hero with have double hotkey cross
* Players will be able to use abilities without confusion
* The game will have great balance to it
:ogre_haosis: Good luck

Level 21
I seryesly didn't want to do it since its really hard to do it inside of this chat:
but you left me without options:

Guide of how to set hotkeys
1) icons locations
2) abilities hotkeys
3) abilities balance
4) abilies crossers

1) Icons locations
Think about Atchmage, he has blizzard (as I name it "offensive"), Water Summons (as I name it "defensive"), mana aura (as I name it "passive") and teleporation of level 6 (as I name it "ultimate")
Locations are set by "(x,y),(x,y),(x,y)" "(after research)(before researcg)(after research while in autocast form)"
Offensive -> 0,2,0,0,0,0 none autocast 0,2,0,0,0,2 autocast
Defensive -> 1,2,1,0,0,0 non autocast 1,2,1,0,1,2 autocast
Passive -> 2,2,2,0,0,0 nonautocast 2,2,2,0,2,2 autocast
Ultimate ->,3,2,3,0,0,0 nonautocast 3,2,3,0,3,2 autocast

2) Hotkeys -> order for player to have good understanding
Q-> Offensive
W-> Defensive
E-> Passive
R-> Ultimate

Learn Ability Name |cffffcc00[E]|r - [|cffffcc00Level %d|r]
* The [E] will be golden
* Passive abilities need golden letter only inside learn, not inside describe
* %d inside "learn", actuall number of the corrent level inside the level describer
*Stats: Name: "ability name (E)" <- only shown to you, since an upgraded
skill shows the "ability - level 1"
* "Passive ability - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r]"
* "Active ability |cffffcc00(Q)|r - [|cffffcc00Level 1|r] "

3) Abilties balance:
Offensive defensive passive ultimate <- good
Passive Passive Passive - ultimate which is passive <- overpower
Offensive Defensive ActiveAbility Ultimate <- too much micro
* Instant kills, instant turn to gold, instant Charm, should have weaknesses
such as big cooldown or maximum creep level.
* Ultimates should have huge cooldown, this help the player to not need
to spam his best move, which is too much micro for epic move, hence
epic moves should be usefull even if not spammed ( teleport :D )
* No Hero is capable of using 400 mana cost ability, even at level 6
so abilities mana cost should be arround 100 and 200 for ultimates

4) Abilities Crossers:
Roat blocks Avatar

set Roar to be 0.01 seconds and make sure it wont overtake
other roars by testing

create another roar without mana cost (and 999999 cast range for single target spells) and stats - Hero ability = true and Required level = 2

• Event - Unit starts an effect of an ability
  • Condition - abilty was Roar
  • set p= location of casting unit
  • Create dummy at p
  • add "dummy roar" to dummy
  • set level of "dummy roar" to level of ability being cast
  • order dummy to go roar
Following these
* No hero with have double hotkey cross
* Players will be able to use abilities without confusion
* The game will have great balance to it
:ogre_haosis: Good luck

I knew all of that except ability crossing. The thing is that it's just a huge pile of tedious work and I'll only do it once. That is, when I am sure that I will never ever touch the hero abilities again.
Btw, what if I just make the normal roar require level 2?

The review is quite harsh, please use it and make your map better and become more encourage from having more ideals, even though its quite harsh:

I have started my conquest to counquer the entire map of the Epic Empire v33a, I tried choose 2 different heroes but got same hero by mistake and I was scared that the other 11 players will finish me off so I decided to built milion towers as fast as possible, my hero died scouting and revived magicly without gold cost at invulnerable altar, but I was determent to counquer the map before I have to be going to shower.
(I didn't go shower in the end, the game was too addictivly fun to pass on it :thumbs_up:)

Spotted Bugs
1) After 5 seconds of game the camera is panned over 1 second, this cause lag due to the game actaully need to show all the details, this could be fixed by using "pan camera over 0.00 seconds"
2) Instead of explain for the player that he shouldn't select both wisps and force him to pick upon right click which is confusing do one of those
* Selection is special ability which is not right click
* After pick a unit, create the second wisp
3) Birds nest which is a passive skill, have an active looking icon, this could be fixed using Botton Manager which is downloaded at Tools, which convert any image to an icon of your choise. * also fixable by putting critical strike icon but it won't fit well.
4) bloodlust Firebolt , Reveal Replanishmana << Cross hotkeys
5) Netural camps are way too strong to be inside this game, does it meant for neturals to actually kill more of your units than your oponent players?
6) keep wont let wagons to drop gold, need add "gather resources" to it, same goes to town hall and maybe also to castle, the disorray made me unable to reach its requiments, had no idea what to built.
7) After playing the map for 1 hour and 9 minutes, I had controll over 1/4 the map, the income was very low and I was bored, most players come into a game in warcraft for playing for 30-60 mins, in over words, the game progressive is WAY , WAY , too slow, this could be fixed by adding much bigger income of gold, since the way things are, player get enought gold to buy 5 units which die to neturals, and then is forced back into waiting. This is terrible and most players will have to go to do things such as eating or going out with their girlfriend rather than playing 5 hours game, the game is good, but has nearly no progress to it, ADD GOLD INCOME, MAKE THINGS GO FASTER, MAKE LESS REQUIMENTS FOR MAIN BUILDINGS and do WHATEVER YOU CAN to make the game move smoove, and with least confusion.[/COLOR]

Misspellings:
1) Ring of Fire (fan of knives as seen in "learn") hasn't got an hotkey
2) Replenish mana need this in description: "at the cost of self mana"
3) Boss Dragon's item drop "reg" instead of "regeneration"

Weird things that I'm not sure why they exist
1) While I sent my hero to scout for 3 seconds, mass towers nuked him and after 3 seconds of tries to force him back, he died. (field cannon overpower)
2) Hero revival has no cost
3) Village house is invulnerable, heroes are revivable for free and from invulnerable altar -> is there any way for a player to lose inside this game?!
4) After killing NATIVES ON THEIR OWN LAND I understood I am playing the bad guys, then "Robber" jumped at me in order to defend his own land, is he bad guy for his land? am I the good guys who stop bad people who rob others? confusion.
5) Native Hunters are so small, compare to a fire mage, its a wonder kael choose attacking them rather than stepping on them, they are even smaller than a bird, just which kind of creature are they? insect?!
6) lumber mill can be upgraded into sandmill, which has " +2 extra than what it is right now, +3 than lumber mill" << it is right now a lumber mill, text not logical.
7) How come book of spells doesn't have an hotkey?
8) Rejuvneration which is the key to upgrade the hero mana, has no cooldown, with enough spam, this kill could reach high levels in no time, was this intended? since its way too fast , you should put cooldown or set the ability to 100 to begin with
9) Does the map has AI option? why all enemy computer was afking instead of rushing the map?

~~~ The Epic Things I liked ~~~
* Many of the things I said in my early review was made, making the game less confusing.
* Fire Mage's Book of spells consist 8 spells.
* My dead hero was able to be revived!!!.
* Incinirate and Fire Mages Fits well.
* The boss dragon was fun to fight againts.
* The gold miner has blink and the upgraded one has invisability to allow goldsteal.
* Armory sells items to arm your hero.
* My fragil hero can use reveal from his spell book, so no windwalker will kill him.

Suggestions
1) Orc tower, Orc worker, Human base, Human worker, Elf barracks, Elf barrack, Elf barracks, Human mortar team barracks, All those are part of the confusing element of the map -> try to stick to one race, note that all others are imba imba good ideals and you should keep them (walls and campfires owns)
2) Mobile Mines "Sound set: ClockwerkGoblin". sound set : none is never a good thing.
3) Ring of fire should have atlist 600 range for area of effect, or otherwise, attacks done by fire mage will not go well with the small area -> it force him to stop attacking, move closer , cast the spell, go back, attack. <- too much micro.
4) make it so that controlling a road will add gold income, and if you won't tell the player about his income, atlist mention on the structure description that it give you gold income, the idea of the gold mine is good but I was unable to use it due to a bug of no structure was able to gather resources.

Please nerf creep camps, add gold income and fix more of the mentioned bugs, I want to take this map for final review, I enjoyed watching how my 2 heroes conquered about half of the map, and so the conquer of the Epic Empire v34a Continues!

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew all of that except ability crossing. The thing is that it's just a huge pile of tedious work and I'll only do it once. That is, when I am sure that I will never ever touch the hero abilities again.
Btw, what if I just make the normal roar require level 2?
Hero roar with level 2 requiment will indeed solve the ishue, but will make the Roar unable to be picked on level 1 Heroes, and make the game an additional weird rule, why not to trigger it? if you dont know how I could do it for you.

Level 21
The review is quite harsh, please use it and make your map better and become more encourage from having more ideals, even though its quite harsh:

I have started my conquest to counquer the entire map of the Epic Empire v33a, I tried choose 2 different heroes but got same hero by mistake and I was scared that the other 11 players will finish me off so I decided to built milion towers as fast as possible, my hero died scouting and revived magicly without gold cost at invulnerable altar, but I was determent to counquer the map before I have to be going to shower.
(I didn't go shower in the end, the game was too addictivly fun to pass on it :thumbs_up:)

Spotted Bugs
1) After 5 seconds of game the camera is panned over 1 second, this cause lag due to the game actaully need to show all the details, this could be fixed by using "pan camera over 0.00 seconds"
2) Instead of explain for the player that he shouldn't select both wisps and force him to pick upon right click which is confusing do one of those
* Selection is special ability which is not right click
* After pick a unit, create the second wisp
3) Birds nest which is a passive skill, have an active looking icon, this could be fixed using Botton Manager which is downloaded at Tools, which convert any image to an icon of your choise. * also fixable by putting critical strike icon but it won't fit well.
4) bloodlust Firebolt , Reveal Replanishmana << Cross hotkeys
5) Netural camps are way too strong to be inside this game, does it meant for neturals to actually kill more of your units than your oponent players?
6) keep wont let wagons to drop gold, need add "gather resources" to it, same goes to town hall and maybe also to castle, the disorray made me unable to reach its requiments, had no idea what to built.
7) After playing the map for 1 hour and 9 minutes, I had controll over 1/4 the map, the income was very low and I was bored, most players come into a game in warcraft for playing for 30-60 mins, in over words, the game progressive is WAY , WAY , too slow, this could be fixed by adding much bigger income of gold, since the way things are, player get enought gold to buy 5 units which die to neturals, and then is forced back into waiting. This is terrible and most players will have to go to do things such as eating or going out with their girlfriend rather than playing 5 hours game, the game is good, but has nearly no progress to it, ADD GOLD INCOME, MAKE THINGS GO FASTER, MAKE LESS REQUIMENTS FOR MAIN BUILDINGS and do WHATEVER YOU CAN to make the game move smoove, and with least confusion.

Misspellings:
1) Ring of Fire (fan of knives as seen in "learn") hasn't got an hotkey
2) Replenish mana need this in description: "at the cost of self mana"
3) Boss Dragon's item drop "reg" instead of "regeneration"

Weird things that I'm not sure why they exist
1) While I sent my hero to scout for 3 seconds, mass towers nuked him and after 3 seconds of tries to force him back, he died. (field cannon overpower)
2) Hero revival has no cost
3) Village house is invulnerable, heroes are revivable for free and from invulnerable altar -> is there any way for a player to lose inside this game?!
4) After killing NATIVES ON THEIR OWN LAND I understood I am playing the bad guys, then "Robber" jumped at me in order to defend his own land, is he bad guy for his land? am I the good guys who stop bad people who rob others? confusion.
5) Native Hunters are so small, compare to a fire mage, its a wonder kael choose attacking them rather than stepping on them, they are even smaller than a bird, just which kind of creature are they? insect?!
6) lumber mill can be upgraded into sandmill, which has " +2 extra than what it is right now, +3 than lumber mill" << it is right now a lumber mill, text not logical.
7) How come book of spells doesn't have an hotkey?
8) Rejuvneration which is the key to upgrade the hero mana, has no cooldown, with enough spam, this kill could reach high levels in no time, was this intended? since its way too fast , you should put cooldown or set the ability to 100 to begin with
9) Does the map has AI option? why all enemy computer was afking instead of rushing the map?

* Many of the things I said in my early review was made, making the game less confusing.
* Fire Mage's Book of spells consist 8 spells.
* My dead hero was able to be revived!!!.
* Incinirate and Fire Mages Fits well.
* The boss dragon was fun to fight againts.
* The gold miner has blink and the upgraded one has invisability to allow goldsteal.
* Armory sells items to arm your hero.
* My fragil hero can use reveal from his spell book, so no windwalker will kill him.

Suggestions
1) Orc tower, Orc worker, Human base, Human worker, Elf barracks, Elf barrack, Elf barracks, Human mortar team barracks, All those are part of the confusing element of the map -> try to stick to one race, note that all others are imba imba good ideals and you should keep them (walls and campfires owns)
2) Mobile Mines "Sound set: ClockwerkGoblin". sound set : none is never a good thing.
3) Ring of fire should have atlist 600 range for area of effect, or otherwise, attacks done by fire mage will not go well with the small area -> it force him to stop attacking, move closer , cast the spell, go back, attack. <- too much micro.
4) make it so that controlling a road will add gold income, and if you won't tell the player about his income, atlist mention on the structure description that it give you gold income, the idea of the gold mine is good but I was unable to use it due to a bug of no structure was able to gather resources.

Please nerf creep camps, add gold income and fix more of the mentioned bugs, I want to take this map for final review, I enjoyed watching how my 2 heroes conquered about half of the map, and so the conquer of the Epic Empire v34a Continues!

Did you put the computer players to Orc with handicap to 90%? That's how they use AI.
Btw, 11 AIs = Death from lag-dom.

Also, I presume that OP creepcamp you saw was the village around the Primal Hall, with 2 heroes guarding it. That's meant to be a boss zone and at the same time a useful place if captured.
Mass towers? I see you found the fortress. Again a boss zone, this time one that requires siege weapons to take down(although I should probably remove the cannon towers from there).

The thing with robbers and natives is that natives are just.. natives. They live there and try to survive. They do not like strangers.
The robbers are just some random bandits that try to rob anyone that moves on the roads. The idea about making roads generate income is a good one.
The natives are like pygmies. They just are small(also because it looks funny)

Lumber mill gives +1 lumber income and takes 1 food.
Sawmill gives +3 and takes 2 food. Thus, it gives 2 more lumber than lumber mill and is more efficient.

Btw. Purge is even better for training mana reg. It doesn't take any mana at all. Which I can't set very high or it would become useless.

I'll soon edit this post with the next version

Bugs:
1) Actually the lag is not from camera. It happens on second 1 and the reason is the game spawning units on all of those regions. This is the thing that used to leak a lot, until I fixed it today.
2) Hmm, I'll think about it.
3) I'll see if I can figure something out, there might be a proper icon ingame.
4) Still I haven't fixed the hotkeys. The hero spellbooks are mostly placeholders, just like the spells in them. I want to create a separate spellbook for every hero, but I don't have enough ideas.
5) This is probably one of the boss zones, because the normal creeps are the ones on regions.
6) Yeah, that I can fix easily.
7) I guess the main problems are lack of income and too expensive units. Both can be fixed. I'm thinking of turning the income back to how I used to do it. That is - regions give gold.
About unit prices? That's mostly just tedious copy-paste, as I'm using a balance sheet for this map. All I need to change is one formula and then paste the changed prices.

Weird things
2) This is because the players are practically crippled without a hero. No gold, no income and no defense. Especially at the start of the game.
3) So far it's impossible to really lose. I am not sure what I should do about it.
7) So far none of the spellbooks has a hotkey. You are welcome to suggest one.
9) It probably means that computers were not Orc with 90% handicap.

Btw, Khrashdar can be killed with level 4 heroes at minimum, but that takes lots of micro skills(Native Berserk + Native seer. Berserk uses war stomp and storm bolt, seer uses storm bolts and rejuvenates and heals the berserk. But that's not easy)

Suggestions
1) Watch tower looks imo generic enough to be owned by any race. The orcs are peons(slaves), but I guess I haven't really said that anywhere.
2) I never knew that mines should make a sound.
3)
"Level 1 - F) Stats - Area of Effect - 600
Level 2 - F) Stats - Area of Effect - 700
Level 3 - F) Stats - Area of Effect - 800"
It already has 600 range.
4) I'll make every region give income.

Lets see. Landmines actually have a soundset. "GoblinLandMine"
Removed the cannon towers from fortress, it's OP enough without them too.
Turned out that THIS ring of fire didn't have 600 range. I have multiple abilities with the same name.

Map attached.

Attachments

• The Kingdom034a.w3x
    5 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Bugs:
1) anyway, giving this 0.00 lower delay in frame per second.
2) ...
3)http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/button-manager-v1-8-2-a-116280/index4.html
4) Book hotkey = X but make sure that you changed the only spell who use the X as hotkey - hex
5) yea the campain of netural zone is way too strong for 2 level 11 heroes to handle.
same goes for the milion towers.
6).
7) The gold of unit cost is not the main problam, its actually good to give high gold income and in relative, small cost of units -> since those units will be weaker, require more food alltogether and become useless since they need milion of micro mouse pressings, then you create high cost units and those units will be used by the hero with unit group (12 units, 2 of them are heroes) meanning those 2 units typs are perfect to balance the game: weak are small ammount and strong are way too expensive. But keep the gold coming and the weak units should be really weak.
---------
2)
3) since all towers are dead = auto lost and this is an area capture game, make all of the building none-invulnerable, fits.
also, is there a chance for a start player location to be inside netural bosses place? if it does, fix it immidiatly
7) X, and make sure hex not use X
9) didnt know it was have to be orc, make sure you choose races for the players so they cant change it from "orc", this is a must have, an if not should be named a critical error, if you don't know how to do it, leave post.
-------
1) just stick to orc if you love their tower, but make sure you won't use too many races, its confusing.
2) robotic sound, it fits and better than none.
3) oddly, the spell never hit units that was in my hero attack range, dunno why its written that it has enough range but I could never hit using my hero attack range. (???)
4) considering your game style, this fits well.
also make sure that the ability text wont say "learn fan of knives"
gonna test this once I finished shower.

Level 21
Bugs:
1) anyway, giving this 0.00 lower delay in frame per second.
2) ...
3)http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/button-manager-v1-8-2-a-116280/index4.html
4) Book hotkey = X but make sure that you changed the only spell who use the X as hotkey - hex
5) yea the campain of netural zone is way too strong for 2 level 11 heroes to handle.
same goes for the milion towers.
6).
7) The gold of unit cost is not the main problam, its actually good to give high gold income and in relative, small cost of units -> since those units will be weaker, require more food alltogether and become useless since they need milion of micro mouse pressings, then you create high cost units and those units will be used by the hero with unit group (12 units, 2 of them are heroes) meanning those 2 units typs are perfect to balance the game: weak are small ammount and strong are way too expensive. But keep the gold coming and the weak units should be really weak.
---------
2)
3) since all towers are dead = auto lost and this is an area capture game, make all of the building none-invulnerable, fits.
also, is there a chance for a start player location to be inside netural bosses place? if it does, fix it immidiatly
7) X, and make sure hex not use X
9) didnt know it was have to be orc, make sure you choose races for the players so they cant change it from "orc", this is a must have, an if not should be named a critical error, if you don't know how to do it, leave post.
-------
1) just stick to orc if you love their tower, but make sure you won't use too many races, its confusing.
2) robotic sound, it fits and better than none.
3) oddly, the spell never hit units that was in my hero attack range, dunno why its written that it has enough range but I could never hit using my hero attack range. (???)
4) considering your game style, this fits well.
also make sure that the ability text wont say "learn fan of knives"
gonna test this once I finished shower.

Bugs
5) It's not supposed to be a place where you can just walk through. But I guess I should warn people when they go near it. And those crawlers aren't meant to be there in the first place.

I have set 11 start locations, never in a hostile place.

9) I am planning to make more AIs. Also, the player slots should not be locked, because this game is meant to be playable for 12 people too.
Also because the AIs are not necessary(although they can be useful).

About orcs. Well, I want to make a separate techtree for orcs. Those orcs that you see under player control are just slaves. They've brought with them some orc technology(watch towers), but far from everything. This map needs a lot more content.

I was ready to conquer the map this time, with this new version of the Epic Kingdom V34a, danger was all arround me, but then player 2 suggested to be allied I REFUSED WITH HATE AND REVANGEFULL ANGER and he became my ally anyways, I wrote notes in textpad and the game lagged so I had to restart warcraft in order to play. This time I choose dragon looking warrior and melee armored dwarf, and together with my unwelcomed ally we went conquer 1 computer player since it caused less lags (and since the computer had infinite units and a huge lag, i quit).

Spotted Bugs:
Critical error
1) 11 computer players caused lag of nearly paused.
me + 3 computer players was indeed laggy but atlist playable.
During the game while I used Alt Tab, instead of allowing me to play, the lag kicked me out of being able to play and I had to restart.
^ in this version the game is totaly laggy up to unplayable level.
Critical Error

2) My enemy, Blue player 2, is forcing me to work in peace with him againts my will and hatred.
3) Forest fairy Banish and Blink are crossing hotkeys.
4) Native Seer casts AntimagicShell on himself, even though he allready have that buff. (AI need condition check of buff)
5) Mana Shield and Frost nova of mystorious mage cross hotkeys. (since it force the player to actually micro his clicking on the icon this is a critical error)
6) Knife ultimate is a passive skill with an active looking icon.
7) Burning Oil of dragon, while in research form, has passive icon, this could be fixed using "upgrade" version of this ability.
8) Iron Armor has 0 in required level, this should be set to "1", also it have an active looking icon.
9) Burning oil no mentioned hotkey for learning.
10) Dragon Evasion and Endurance Aura Crossing Hotkey
11) Arcane Sentinel has no description and active looking icon, it also spawns mass of wierd looking wisps that won't scout on their own.

Wierd stuff that Im not sure if intended:
1) Forest Fairy cant attack air units.
2) Either Forest Fairy has the ability "instant missle" or he have 500 range melee attack.
3) Purge which is an ability with no mana cost or cooldown is increasing the hero sub ability, making unbalanced requiment.
4) Forest Fairy has both Reincarnication and Mana Shield, which means that upon death it gain full mana refill and inside life if it have enough mana it can survive up untill the next reincarnication, this could indeed mean that the hero is immortal
Fixable by making the mana shield only resist 0.5 of the damage done to the hero (50% will still hit the hero).
5) Computer players can train 60+ "Native" units for no seenable cost.
6) Armored Paladin has 3 Passive abilities and Avatar, was it intended for that hero to be so powerfull?
7) Dragon hero can fly over cliffs, water and trees, this look overpower especialy considering he is immune to entangling roots. He is able to be permastucked by mass web of fiends. looks overpowered to give this much advantage to a single hero, is this balanced?
8) An army of ships which are not even controlled by an enemy player, killed my hero in 2 seconds.
9) Armored Paladin can't attack air units, was this intended?
10) "income should come mainly from killing netural units" how can 3-5 units that drop 5 to 6 gold and spawn once in 10 minutes be the main income?

Text missed:
1) Knive rings have no hotkey mentioned.
2) landmill "increase the income BY 3 (2 more than mill)" should be instead
"Increases income INTO 3 (2 more than mill)"
3) "iron armor (1)" should be "Iron Armor - level 1" with a golden "1".

Things I liked:
* The nest icon fits perfectly.
* Brillance aura + mana shield is my favorite skill combo
* Frost nova + shadow stike is a very apealing skill combo: area or damage over time.
* Area attack + Mana Shiled is a very apprealing skill combo: glass cannon become tanky as long as it feeded with mana.
* Armored Paladin's Iron Armor level up nicely.
* "Wood Type Armor" lol so people are actually willing to wield table as a shield? :D this is both funny and creative, I LOVE IT.
* Armored Palading + Berserk, putting his armor to the test.
* Burning oil is hero ability that don't hit allies.
* Armored Paladin means a hero with mass armor that is a buff placer for allies.

Suggestions:
1) It will fit if each start circle will spawn units each 30 seconds, and you can keep the way too low income like that (players will still need to play for 6 hours to acheave level 3 main building though).
2) Dragon's shockwave to look as if it was Breath of Fire in missle look.
3) Remove critical strike from armored paladin, give him an active ability of armor instead, like inner fire or frost armor.
4) Ban the spawn of native for computer players, make them use only heroes and trained units, also, make sure computer player can built a ship yard or instead make it possible to reach all map sides without a shipyard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to give you a few days from now, be sure to come back when you think you got enough of the mentioned notes done, otherwise you will not have enough time to treat each and any note as it should have.

Beta testers are always useful to have!

Here's the latest Blades 'n Gore II. The Boss mode can be played in single player.

It would be very useful to hear any bug reports or improvement suggestions.

After 1 hour of playing boss mode difficult normal and easy, and countless tries that failed, I was frustrated enought to quit.
The game can turn totaly addictive if you played it enough to learn how everything goes at it, which I couldn't handle.

Bugs:
1) The map is not newb friendly, a boss mode on easy level for a beginer learnning will throw powerfull units to kill him with 10 second to learn the buying system.
[newb friendly so people won't quit and testers will be able to understand the game]
2) Leveling specific movement does not have hotkeys for it, in this fast decision game, it is actually a must-have to allow "HFAAA" to instantly upgrade the movement speed. [game smoovness]
3) I pressed V (ready) and then went to change difficulty, resulted in a bug that spawned my hero paused.

Weird things:
1) Why would a player need to prove himself in the game in order to get costum model which give no game bonuses, especialy when after each (mini) game the team's players may leave? (so its was pointless to obtain your rank) higher rank masks should give special bonuses. [game fun factor]

Mispellings:
"|switch gender" -> "switch gender" [missed the text]
"welcome to this game" -> "welcome to this game, which is based on hotkeys for fighting" [newb friendly text so that people will not leave after they didn't get it]

~~~ The Epic Things I Liked ~~~
* model switch faces
* I can dodge pistol shots by running
* once you set difficulty, it won't change
* I could hide behind walls from pistol shots when I'm not avading them
* Item "cooldown" is shown as charges
* Unbelivably !!! you can see cooldown of abilities WOW
* The idea of fighting using the keyboard was really nostalgic for many acrade games, the game has a lot to offer!!!

Suggestions:
1) Training mode, for solo player to learn how everything works, this is specialy important as you right now unleash new version which should attract new people to try out the map, I think this is a must have.

Edit: Try make the first levels easier, noobs should learn from their mistakes rather than having the dialog "are you frustrated enought to quit?" on each time they did mistake.

Last edited:

After 1 hour of playing boss mode difficult normal and easy, and countless tries that failed, I was frustrated enought to quit.
The game can turn totaly addictive if you played it enough to learn how everything goes at it, which I couldn't handle.

Bugs:
1) The map is not newb friendly, a boss mode on easy level for a beginer learnning will throw powerfull units to kill him with 10 second to learn the buying system.
[newb friendly so people won't quit and testers will be able to understand the game]
2) Leveling specific movement does not have hotkeys for it, in this fast decision game, it is actually a must-have to allow "HFAAA" to instantly upgrade the movement speed. [game smoovness]
3) I pressed V (ready) and then went to change difficulty, resulted in a bug that spawned my hero paused.
Hmm yeah gotta fix those.

Weird things:
1) Why would a player need to prove himself in the game in order to get costum model which give no game bonuses, especialy when after each (mini) game the team's players may leave? (so its was pointless to obtain your rank) higher rank masks should give special bonuses. [game fun factor]
The cosmetic stuff is mostly meant for multiplayer, which has a save-load system. And the no game bonuses is so that the game stays balanced and fair.

Mispellings:
"|switch gender" -> "switch gender" [missed the text]
"welcome to this game" -> "welcome to this game, which is based on hotkeys for fighting" [newb friendly text so that people will not leave after they didn't get it]
Hmm I can't even remember where the "welcome to this game" text is. Where did you see it?

* model switch faces
* I can dodge pistol shots by running
* once you set difficulty, it won't change
* I could hide behind walls from pistol shots when I'm not avading them
* Item "cooldown" is shown as charges
* Unbelivably !!! you can see cooldown of abilities WOW
* The idea of fighting using the keyboard was really nostalgic for many acrade games, the game has a lot to offer!!!

Suggestions:
1) Training mode, for solo player to learn how everything works, this is specialy important as you right now unleash new version which should attract new people to try out the map, I think this is a must have.

Edit: Try make the first levels easier, noobs should learn from their mistakes rather than having the dialog "are you frustrated enought to quit?" on each time they did mistake.
Yeah, the current boss mode is a bit brutal. Gotta think of making some singleplayer training mode.

Good points, +rep!

thx for your effort :)
btw i never had problems with replays thats kinda odd :(
also human and nightelve are playable too if you want to test them too

Warcraft mod 2.5 Review (free for all)
----------------------------------------------
After learnning that night elf was a part of the fight, and finishing all my other review, I started a game with night elf in free for all againts 3 orcs.
(my next review will be about human)

Spotted Bugs:

1) The Damage Detection System causes a delay upon taking damage, and overall it looks as if the system is needless, the units cause damage without varrities and armor is working normaly (1 armor = 6% defense, againts 10-10 attack, so why secrefice that delay for something that warcraft allready does?). [game smoovness]
2) The upgrade for druid inside crow form (attack range) is researchable before the player actually got the bird's research [order of tech-tree].
3) Buidling elf tower near enemy orc gold expo, will not do anything: the computer will ignore the tower and keep peon harvest and won't send units to help them. [Make the reaction to damage be also felt as reaction to close towering. *wisp harvest gathering inside enemy base will also be ignored] [AI smartness]
4) Druid of the claw can attack from invisabilty which is the AI weakness at this corrent version. *(it should be noted that giving summon owl to huntress was a really good move, considering how the AI can't handle invisable enemies well, it is adviced to make this spell not require training so that the AI could spam it to counter permanent invisability / or force AI to upgrade it no matter what happens)[AI smartness]
5) I stole my enemy gold mine by killing his mine there, rather then making large group and then send it to the gold mine I stole from him, the computer was sending 1 grunt and 1 peon at a time, simply feeding my army instead of making huge army to counter it. [AI smartness]
6) In my free for all, the computer attacked me once, and afked gathered gold for the rest of the game.[AI smartness]
7) at some point, the computer trainned about 30 peons and ordered them to afk. [AI smartness]
8) Other than grunt and troll berserk and peon, the computer won't train any other unit type. [AI smartness]
9) Three computer players, no one tried to take over the mine in middle of map which was above cliffs. And when I overtook the mine, no enemy sent a flying units to destroy my extra gold mine. [AI smartness]

CRITICAL ERROR:
10) Watch the replay, minute 56, on left side of minimap at the bottom near the conquered mine, (turn off fog of war) purple structures are seen on minimap but not exists in the real game, dummy units or fail to remove structure minimap sign for some sort of reason. [Needless visuall effect with unknown reason]
CRITICAL ERROR.

Weird things:

1) Fairy Dragon's description says "detetcor" with red text but won't mention the ability true sight, is this intended? [is this text correct?]
2) Mountain Giant "used a meat shield" died from 2 towers after less than 10 seconds. (and he was really really expensive unit) [is this unit's strength balanced?]

Mispellings:

1) "Train Archer: abilities: ability1 |nSpace_Space_Space_Space_Ability2"
or -> "ability 1,ability2, ability 3 or |nability 1 |nability 2"
*you might haven't noticed it due to varrity of screen resulution, but I assure you, on my Huge screen, the text looks unorginized.
**attached a screenshot.
2) Wisp , Feiry Dragon, Druid of the talon...etc... same as (1).
3) Mountain Giant: Abilties and Upgrades same as (1).
4) "research sorm crow form" I think "research storm crow form".

CRITICAL (MISSPELLING) ERROR:
5) "armor type: Heavy" Decription "25% Light, 100% heavy" There is no attack type "light" and not attack type "heavy" this must be misspelling and should instead rather to attack types. [not understoodable element]
CRITICAL (MISSPELLING) ERROR.

* Entangled gold mine supports 8 wisps.
* Putting Belistra in tier 2 was well placed, allowing macro fits well.
* Units show their built time.
* True Sight for fairy dragon.
* The map was looking lovely (ice).
* Can't suicide wisp (no more cheapshot that ruin self aconomy).
* Bear Form removes invisability.
* Azure Dragon is a fantastic unit: it has both high sight for scouting and can pick up damaged belistras, of course, allow units to by pass trees and built gold mines on island is a perfect role for strategy unit aswell!.
* Free For All game type that takes 60 minutes has very reasonning time needed.

1) For night elves also: "Research time". [game look design]
2) The text is well aranged, with colors and everything, it will add it additional fun factor to know abilities cooldown, but it might be really annoying to do it especially considering autocast abilities has "right click to auto cast" which is like a panelty of 1 line, so some autocasts will force you to reset the entire text to make it smaller, this might be difficult considering the game has a lot of abilities in it, so its not really a must have, just a bonus. [game look design]
3) For a game that allows 200 food cap, giving archer an high micro ability wouldn't suit her as well as passive ability would ( Rapid fire was better off being aura that effects self, giving +10% damage, and this will suit her since you have upgrade for +1 damage, for range, for armor/damage... it will fit inside of her :D ). [game smoovenss]
4) Night elf base can go uproot and takeover a gold mine for free, in warcraft it was countered by giving the orcs the item to built instantly a base with an item, since the game won't offer an hero or item managing, tree should be unable to uproot. (base also is able to be used as a warrior, which is a yet another reason to ban uproot for atlist the main tower) [game fairness]
5) Azure Dragon building time : 40 seconds, looks a bit much for unit that can determine if a player is stack in a location so he lost (there are no teleporation scrolls) , this should be countered by either (1) making this built time much less or instead, (2) giving special unit type the ability teleporation or (3) giving each and any base the ability that do reversed teleporation, summon all player controlled unit to a location ( in (2)(3) you will need to give credit to Xonok for bringing those ideals).

About the cutting off replay, it happens after I saved the game and loaded another game, after i loaded the earlier game and finished it, the replay was cut off where I loaeded, dunno if it is normal.
*** Attached replay.
* Turning off fog of war is adviced while watching the replay.

Attachments

• unaranged.png
    unaranged.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 126
  • ThistimeReplayWorks.w3g
    500.9 KB · Views: 50
thx for your effort :)
btw i never had problems with replays thats kinda odd :(
also human and nightelve are playable too if you want to test them too

The weakest race of them all - Review
-------------------------------------
I packed my stuff and went to duskwood, I knew that 3 other nations arround the map search VANGANCE, but I had no choise but to make do with my human base.
Unlike playing all other races, playing Human really took the toll on me, the start units had low hp and low damage, the start units were weak air unit, a low hp archer and a low hp footman, it was really annoying to stay and I thought about leaving right from the start.
After losing the game to mass trolls and grunts, I restarted and played with 2 allies, to allow me to learn how to play the most weakling units in the game.

Spotted Bugs (attached replay) :
1) Grunt which is under fire of my tower is rather attacking farm with 100% hp than attacking half made 30% farm, especially bad since he did it while he was attacked by 100% hit points tower. [AI Smartness]
2) Instead of sending his workers to mine his new expo, the computer rather sending them to his far, far away base, letting the peons die on the way. [AI Smartness]
3) After 2 upgrades, Stable become meanningless, it could use for some needless wall which has no effect at all for strategy game, either give it spike to make it usefull front research tower that need protection at begining or give it many more upgrades, if you won't do that, players will have to shoot it off in order to create another building in its place, which is a pity. [Fun Gameplay]
5) Invisabilty aura againts AI means auto win on this version. [Critical Error]
6) Archer arrow is spawned above his head, from 2 metters behind him -> not from his hand. [realistic, attack animation need fix]

Weird things:
1) sending 10 workers to gold mine was looking good enough, elf had 8 workers, and its really hard to judge how many workers fit, maybe you should use the original warcraft gold balance instead, considering how critical the balance is. [Game Fairness]
2) Footman has the half hit points of a grunt, the computer killed me and destroyed me each time he sent 2 grunts and 2 trolls, killing everything I had. [Game Fairness]
3) Mage potriate won't move when he talks. [Realistic Play]
4) How come prist and mage can upgrade mana regeneration, cap and health, while wizzard can't? [Game Balance]
5) Templar upgrade: now they can controll summoned units. This upgrade will only help the one and only race who spawn something and that single summoned unit is water elemental by humans. [Very Close To Be Needless game element]

Misspellings:
1) All "units:" inside human spawner tower are unarranged. [see earlier posts to know how to fix.]
2) "Upgrade to castle to allow built additional structures and units" castle won't allow new structures to be made. ->"Upgrade to castle to allow built additional units" [Correct Information]

Things I totaly hated:
- Archer is now a male, gender transformationed. Also, upon his death he scream a girly screem. [homosexuall unit? EWWW]
- Human start units are totaly weaklings.

* Peasant that was repairing a tower, was attacked by a Grunt that the tower was attacking, looks as if the grunt was killing him for trying to help the attacker tower (this only happened once, probably by mistake, you should force it on the AI script set unitgroup1 = structure arround grunt, set unitgroup2 = workers arround those structures, order attacked grunt to kill workers, don't give further order to grunt for 5 seconds).
* Knight + Defend.
* Knight is a VIKING
* Dwarven Armor upgrade fits well.
* Having no creeps inside a map will indeed reduce lags.
* For each and any race the hotkeys were absolutely correct.
* Mage's teleporation is a very usefull ability.
* Invisability Aura works for allies.
* Placing invisabilty aura near workers will give them a nearly endless invisabilty.

1) Make "archer" a woman model and sound set, or a model of male.
2) Copy Past the Grunt and give it Footman model, sound and name, and spawn that unit from the barracks, and delete the old footman.
3) Playing as human was not fun at all, you should put higher priority on editing this race than other races, it was not a solid race at all.

Attachments

• losing the game.w3g
    171.8 KB · Views: 60
Level 13
thx again for your amazing and detailed report :)
have to fix alot :D

I admit that human is the hardest race to play, but if you know how to play its not the weakest. If you are interested in can upload some human games.

thx again for your amazing and detailed report :)
have to fix alot :D

I admit that human is the hardest race to play, but if you know how to play its not the weakest. If you are interested in can upload some human games.

Humans need a lot of buffings.
especially the start units.
check replay.

Edit: My internet connection was offline for 3 days for electric fail that needed grand fix. I am now opperative for beta testings so post your map if you need someone to check your map off bugs.

gj here, I reped you for the effort you have put down so far.

Thanks, but why? are you a forum boss or something? I never tested your map, so why did you give me reputation points?

Maybe a little buff but not that much. In 1on1 and 2on2 they are fine, only in ffa they have trouble because its hard to expand.

In my test, the 2 footmans I created dies so easy againts 1 grunt.
And when the enemy sent 2 grunts and 1 troll they killed 4 footmans and 1 archer and started kill peasants and main.

1 grunt = kills 2 footmans
2 grunt + 1 troll = kill 4 footmans and 1 Archer
Gold and time spent on training 5 units that are 100% dead to the enemy units, just cause of race choosing = cost of4 foomtans and 1 archer

6 grunts and 3 trolls = kill 12 footmans and 3 archer
Gold and time spent on training 15 units that are 100% dead to the enemy units, just cause of race choosing = cost of 12 foomtans and 3 archer

^ game balance was ruined.
It will basicly fixed if grunt had footman model and name, and was built from human barracks, since how things are right now, there is a sure game lost since the player choose a certain race.

How about this...http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...4/wosa-v1-3-ai-227855/?prev=r=20&page=3...its already finish but i need more suggestion for the next version..

PLEASE....!!!!

Review was sent via private massage, if you don't want to hear insulting reviews, delete that massage.
Final note: The game has a lot to offer but has huge need of fix when it comes to text, which is the only thing I could check in singleplayer mode. I would like to see your next version and review it as well, if possible, since the way things are, testing if ability do what it told to do, with grayed out text is impossible (see private massage) so leave massage in this post when the new version is out and I will test it also.

Last edited:
Gentelmans*, I am still waiting for jobs, if you want a beta tester don't be shy, I ALSO PRIVATE MASSAGE IF THE REVIEW NOT NICE TO BE PUBLICED.
* So sorry if there was ladies on this site, as far as I know only boys are inside this site (thought I mate one girl in my 3 years of membership).

And NOW THE AWARDS!!
(link)
(name) (created by) (award)
(comment)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/ice-race-228300/

Ice Race - *Grand Minigame Award*
Timekiller :D

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/warcraft-2-5-beta-v0-9-a-203503/

Warcraft mod by TaShadan - *Grand Army MindGame Strategy Award*
Harder than the original WC3

The Epic Kingdom by Xonok - *Grand Addictive Play Award*
I still wanna play :D

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/blades-n-gore-ii-v0-93m-211054/
Blades 'n Gore by Kitabatake - *Grand GameShifting (Keyboard Ninja Fight) Award*
Kick+Slash= Impale Combo :D

you guys still testing maps? I've been working on mine haven't had anyone test it ever.
** The non-posting award **
Why so shy? :D

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/not-prepered-map-based-comicbook-game-228908/
Freedom force by Lior (me) - * Trolling award*
THE BEST OF... (me)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...4/wosa-v1-3-ai-227855/?prev=r=20&page=3...its
WoSA v1.3 AI by neo_sluf - *Grand Battlefield Design Award*
Remember those games that just came out this year? huge resolution of first person shooting? its the same design!!! AWESOME

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.