• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I am extreamly bored - need beta tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) The idea of that is there is three keys while the real key is in one of the rock tiles.. (the left one btw) Also I will explain why your dropped back into start in a second.

2) Yes a 100% chance of killing players =) I made it so theres infinite chances... I will later make an option to have lives or not. As well it is able to be dodged if you don't move too fast.

3) Critical error? I don't understand.. never happened to me, maybe mis-input of data?

4) Now I can start explaining things, the thing is all your movement is controlled by camera meaning camera speed is the speed of your movement of your mouse or arrow keys which in turn you can control the movement speed at which you move at by going to menu dialog then to options then gameplay where you can modify your movement speed. I will add that into quests so it is explained there.
Yes it is narrow for that level, doesn't mean all levels as well I don't think you got past level one... :p
I don't see a reason to add a boolean to disable the movement for 0.1 seconds for reasons explained above, double steps can only be made if you have a extra-senstive keyboard.

I am glad you liked some stuff =)

Replying to suggestions ;

1) Will see how it looks
2) Already done.
3) Hmm... Well for now I made it as simple as possible however I was going to add a method of score as well other stuff. I will see what I can do... would you like to test again? The version you tested was meant for hardcore mazers such as myself. I don't know if I will change level one yet. However I will provide a replay of the boss level.

I noticed in your replay you have a massive issue with controlling your speed, read above how to fix for my map.
Oh, and also when you post a replay please give the file extension you used the map in order to save the replay. What I mean is if it is something like download\Beta whatever then you would say Extension for replay and where to put map inside a folder is " download\Beta whatever "

To see the replay you will need a folder in this extension... ;
Maps\Download\Testing a beta\
The map obv. goes after beta\

Download replay below.

Attachments

• Slowest Run Ever.w3g
    11 KB · Views: 67
Level 15
It's up to you not to use left click to cheat.. =)

post this at map development and people might help you to solve that bug. I highly suggest remove the function of the mouse:
1) I dont see how people leave warcraft, adjust their mouse sensitivity, alt tab backward just to play a warcraft game, most people will reject it and say "the map suck" and quit.
2) With the mouse, people with different mouse will have different chance to win, unfair rule by hardware. With only keyboard, the player will be able to scroll and actually see where hes going and use the movement keys to walk, this can be done with trigger: even: player press the arrow key condition arrow key was -> action move kael left by X movement, this can be adjusted by "-movement X" with player massage. <- clicking on map-bug was removed. Also, Im not sure if there is really a way to reach the end, they keys all messed up and when you move the hero he get backward with massage "need find key in fog" with overskip (the hero jump over the gate) as the only way to solve the game puzzle.

Sorry if it was long but I'm not 100% sure how to make this bug fixed, and I am tring to built solution while I write it. check in map development for details.

Level 20
Level 15
Extreme Survival by UndeadImmortal

I was all prepered to start my exiting jurney: the magical treasures only activates once I say "-start" I said, and nothing happened, I SCREAMED -START and nothing happened. It seems like the magical treasure was actually stealing my word from me. And all I could do is jumping arround the empty area, looking for a living being.

Bugs found:
1) Turital let you read 3 lines over 10 seconds, I am not an english speaker and I was unable to match the speed of which the lines are disapearing, and I actually doubt that even English speakers could match that speed, same goes to charicter information.
2) During game start, the minimap shows 100 units owned by unknown player (black?) running arround in circles.
3) Jump and Sprint use the same hotkey (W), interact and diactive sprint use same hotkey also (D).
4) Powerblow + Attack = "Debug msg" ???
Critical Errors:
5) Typing -start will not active anything, furthermore, the chat history will show as if the command was never written.
6) Accept turitual and wait untill kael has finished talking, the game get stucked forever. (Happened ever since the 7th restart)
Critical Error^
7) Attacks using Heavy Sword does not increases the attack speed, does not give "+12 damage" (I think it give "base 12" and not +, which means bonus of, in addition to the 5 base damage which is not the cast.)
8) Oddly, my level 1 Hero starts with 2 Hero abilities which was choosen for me?
9) Each and every attribute's text not giving any information at all and say "add 0 attack" etc.
10) My Hero has aura that says "this hero has no special action" -> Then why do I have it? make it effect only enemies which are suicadal at level one: if you intended to have effect from level 2 and above. (if my ghess was correct)

Bugs not found:
"there is an unknown bug with the position of this ability" , the ability that changes the model, I found no bug with the icon position.

~~~ The epic things I liked ~~~
1) Relaxing looking loading screen.
2) The user interface looks great.
3) The user mouse model fits the game.
4) The aura arround the hero look good (tho it has random moving annoying green line that walk with you and annoys you randomly).
5) The weapond system which is bugless, have potential to give a great strategy mind game. (should I get orb of lifesteal? or attackspeed that reduces my movement?)
6) Jumping accross a TREE is fun.
7) Sprinting arround untill you have no more mana is fun.
8) Power Blow makes you lol. [Poing]
9) ROFL I can take my shirt off.
10) The map has a lot of things to like in it, it has the biggest section of "the epic things I liked" so far.

Suggestions are optional and you shouldn't get angry because people are suggesting you what to do.

1) Play your map to make sure it is testable.
2) Backpack should be used from 999999 range, in other words, allow item transfering among heroes to be done at maximum range found in game context, this will allow global swapping of items which is awesome.
3) How come attack with 5 base damage is dealing 3 total damage againts 0 armored Hero? is this attack damage doing reduce damage to heroes? if its not its a bug, if it is, then write down the damage type inside the tooltip.
4) sound set: none, is not good for games where a single hero is used: it makes you wonder why the hero has choosen to be silent person, since single hero games usually have solid personality to their charicters and a silent nature is one of them.
5) "Player Status" is hiding the path where the players needs to run into, minimize it before the race.
6) BackPack has 150,000 health points, by giving it 99999999 the health points will be invisable which fits an invulnerable unit better.
7) [System]: Texts successfully cleared <- last on screen for 10 seconds, instead, put it for 3 seconds.

Level 20
1) Turital let you read 3 lines over 10 seconds, I am not an english speaker and I was unable to match the speed of which the lines are disapearing, and I actually doubt that even English speakers could match that speed, same goes to charicter information.
I'll fix the grammar and make it longer.
2) During game start, the minimap shows 100 units owned by unknown player (black?) running arround in circles.
Gonna delete that.
3) Jump and Sprint use the same hotkey (W), interact and diactive sprint use same hotkey also (D).
Jump ability was made on test purpose only. Deactivate Sprint has hotkey W o_O.
4) Powerblow + Attack = "Debug msg" ???
Ha, forgot to delete, was testing the ability ^^
5) Typing -start will not active anything, furthermore, the chat history will show as if the command was never written.
Are you sure? Can you send me the replay so i can take a look at it, cause its working 100% on mine.
6) Accept turitual and wait untill kael has finished talking, the game get stucked forever. (Happened ever since the 7th restart)
Critical Error^
I guess you accidentally press ESC, was made on testing purpose.
7) Attacks using Heavy Sword does not increases the attack speed, does not give "+12 damage" (I think it give "base 12" and not +, which means bonus of, in addition to the 5 base damage which is not the cast.)
You got me xD
8) Oddly, my level 1 Hero starts with 2 Hero abilities which was choosen for me?
Yes.
9) Each and every attribute's text not giving any information at all and say "add 0 attack" etc.
Ha, i forgot to set it ^^
10) My Hero has aura that says "this hero has no special action" -> Then why do I have it? make it effect only enemies which are suicadal at level one: if you intended to have effect from level 2 and above. (if my ghess was correct)
Gonna remove that.

4) The aura arround the hero look good (tho it has random moving annoying green line that walk with you and annoys you randomly).
It's the selection circle.

4) sound set: none, is not good for games where a single hero is used: it makes you wonder why the hero has choosen to be silent person, since single hero games usually have solid personality to their charicters and a silent nature is one of them.
If i find some good character sounds.
7) [System]: Texts successfully cleared <- last on screen for 10 seconds, instead, put it for 3 seconds.
Hmm, ok.

Anyway, many thanks to your review!
Oh and, sorry for long post ^^

Level 15
I'll fix the grammar and make it longer.

Gonna delete that.

Jump ability was made on test purpose only. Deactivate Sprint has hotkey W o_O.

Ha, forgot to delete, was testing the ability ^^

Are you sure? Can you send me the replay so i can take a look at it, cause its working 100% on mine.

I guess you accidentally press ESC, was made on testing purpose.

You got me xD

Yes.

Ha, i forgot to set it ^^

Gonna remove that.

It's the selection circle.

If i find some good character sounds.

Hmm, ok.

Anyway, many thanks to your review!
Oh and, sorry for long post ^^

It was fun, I would like to test the next version also. :thumbs_up: About the replay where my text didn't go, it was absolutly the case: the text never shown on F12, dunno the reason, might be something to do with ESC secret trigger or my super weak leptop that I'm using (It won't even detect your map on the maps directory -_- ).
* Diactive sprint has either wrong hotkey or wrong text that tells you what to press, Check it.

Level 20
About the replay where my text didn't go, it was absolutly the case: the text never shown on F12, dunno the reason, might be something to do with ESC secret trigger or my super weak leptop that I'm using (It won't even detect your map on the maps directory -_- ).

No, its not your laptop, i really add that thing to make the map do not detect any words/sentences starting from '-'. Well i'll try to make it detectable in the next version since some players are confused, like you :).

Level 15
For all those who endlessly waited! FINNALY, the new version of Freedom Force is out, and yes, it is still only a beta and requires beta testers.
New Features:
1) Aura items, Swords, Armors and Pick-Ups can carry only one per Hero.
2) Balanced abilities damage.
3) Enemies have new abilities, which are balanced and uniqe.
4) New Movies, Heroes, Items, Abilities and much more.
5) New Terrain and funcions which make the overall gaming ADDICTIVE.

Enjoy :)
Request: Please leave comment, Even "it was fun 1 of 10 since... " Is a great review.

Attachments

• Freedom Force v0.18.w3x
    515.5 KB · Views: 51
Level 15
Pokemon Scarlet by ThisPOT - The 1st Review

I played the game once with Bulbazor and had to quit due to critical error, I am going to play it again since it was fun and leave second review

The map has endless things to love in it: It follows many pokemon games and I don't know one man who haven't played pokemon! extreamly popular saga to follow and as a tester I recommand playing the game for everyone on this site!.
CLASSIC!.

Spotted Bugs:
1) Its impossible to try to flee from a fight once your pokemon lost and you have another. [The original game allows it]
2) At some point growl has no more effect, but it will not show it for the player as text massage. [The original game give you note when the 6 levels of attack are at the minimum]
3) Guard "I'm on my lunch break lets battle" second pokemon sandchrew, a needless text massage "sanchrew learned Poison Sting"
4) After Bulbazor Faints, the leach seed still attempts to give his faints body 1 healing from Leach Seed (when a pokemon is on faint condition, stop the floating text effect)

Critical Error.
5) I own 2 pokemons: 1 alive one faints, when alive faints also my trainer say "__ I'm counting on you" and send out an empty pokemon, forcing me to restard.
Critical Error.

The Epic Things I liked:
1) I LOVE POKEMON, I PLAY SAPHIRE ON MY GAMEBOY ADVANCED.
2) Leach Seed is epic in so many ways: the Special Effect, the Text and the Complax Trigger!.
3) Status of pokemon looks good and works well.

Suggestions:

* Most people don't want to talk with you which is unrealistic (everybody got something to say once said Hi to). Make it so that people are talkable to.
* Make it so pokemon moves have hotkeys, even with hotkeys-cross it is still better to have hotkeys than press tackel 10 times.
* Trainer classification: Worker, to allow ~ to instantly find him.

:thumbs_up: Colored titles only :thumbs_up:

Level 15
Pokemon Scarlet by ThisPOT - The 2st Review

Spotted Bugs:
1) Poisoned Caterpy with 1% hp killed his enemy and then fainted but still got exp, in the original game which this map follows, the law was that the exp was lost, I actually think its better this way but as you wanted to follow other game's laws I just seen it as if it was a good idea to write it anyways.
2) My Caterpy Fainted but my Chrmilion (2nd pokemon) 100% HP, "you lost the battle" againts wild. (I think it because you are forced to select manualy that charmilion will be second, this should be done automaticly)
3) Its possible to switch pokemon into the pokemon which is allready on the field? (don't follow the original rule and is kinda weird available move to have)
4) Why do I need to wait to kill 2 enemies in a row to have the experience point? what if my killer was defeatet? so the one who didn't kill gets 2x experience? (won't follow the original game rules)
5) My Metapod gone takel and killed his enemy before he was even out of his pokeball, I think it is because this was the last move choosen and it won't reset it perfectly (againts a wild pokemon)
6) I lost to a guard and when I came to challege him the second time, he disapeared?

The Epic Things I liked:
1) Pokemons are able to commit Critical Hits Randomly.
2) Quick attacks allows 2 hits like it should.
3) Nostalgic and fun: you remember which pokemons should pop and suddenly a volpix apears into your nostalgic thoughts. very fun.
4) All text is ok, understoodable and without needless tooltips.
5) Pokemon Evolution works perfectly.

Suggestions:

* This is the suggestion which I think everyone on this plannet agree to: MAKE ALL POKEMONS AVAILABLE. We love them all, and each person has prefered of his own, my favorite is Pickachu since he has huge lightning damage. The more, the best.

:thumbs_up: Even tho there is a small path to walk at, I can tell from now this game has much in it The Game is HIGHLY RECOMMANDED and to all those who didn't try it yet: you should try it since you are missing out a GREAT ADVANTURE :thumbs_up:

Edit: I forgot to add the replay: the replay path should be C:\warcraft III\replay

Attachments

• Review2.w3g
    171.6 KB · Views: 44
Level 15
Bleh, i thought you were talking about my map xD

Your map is either bugged or must play with more players to be able to test it: there are 7 afk heroes and no more units inside the global terrain. Tho I wanted to tease you a bit by quoting you as I posted my last comment XD.
I will be happy to play it if it was playable, wanna play it together on bnet, and I mean RIGHT NOW ?

Level 20
Your map is either bugged or must play with more players to be able to test it: there are 7 afk heroes and no more units inside the global terrain. Tho I wanted to tease you a bit by quoting you as I posted my last comment XD.
I will be happy to play it if it was playable, wanna play it together on bnet, and I mean RIGHT NOW ?

I don't have b-net, i only have garena. And no, i'm pretty busy this week :S.

Level 20
You havent rated it :D
Be a man who keep his promiss 0_0

* Attached: latest version

I'm sorry! >.<

I tested the map and it seems cool imo (Replay attached). On a side note, it lags my computer whenever i played the map or watched the replay.

Replay requires 1.26a patch to watch.

Fun factor: 7/10.

Attachments

• Freedom Force.w3g
    167 KB · Views: 51
Level 15
I'm sorry! >.<

I tested the map and it seems cool imo (Replay attached). On a side note, it lags my computer whenever i played the map or watched the replay.

Wow 7/10? that is an absolutly high score! thank you. And yes, there is a bug for whenever an item is picked, it starts a timer with 0.00 time to overcome some known bug inside warcraft - it is laggy in this corrent situation untill I find a better way to do it.

Level 15
Could you try out the demo for my campaign, it can be found in my signature.

I was searching for some intresting campaign in the map area, but none was intresting so I went GOOGLE and search each and any forum, none was fun. They just give you to play with some retarded hero with no skills and then you need to sneak instead of fight...
To think a campaign will jump at me is a huge suprize, I will test it RIGHT NOW.
:ogre_haosis::thumbs_up:

Level 15
Conquest Of An Island by Footman16
This is going to be huge: refering to each and any map out of 6, watch this thread from hour to hour, it is not over untill my "final massage"

Movie 1
A movie in which there was no found bugs, just maybe add 1 second further to allow the newcomers to be able to read the bigger phrases. There was no sound, which is a pity because:
1) campaign is a single player which shouldn't bother about file size as no one needs to download.
2) other than jaina, there was only speaker, who could be just you ( just ask your sister for that single line and you will be fine )
The scene was absolutly epic. But "no need to remind me about the remorse of all my dead friends, you are going to need the troops" for a woman to say not fit. Remember: the charicter IS a girl. There is NO WAY that the Boy will be more emotional than her "I am sorry for your remorse". Ask some girl how she would answer, and use that instead, also, if she can, ask her to say it an import it inside.

Chapter 1:
The start movie was very understoodable without bugs, I had to deal with too many new things and I lost and had to restart the game, on the second try I managed to fend off the Orcs.

Spotted Bugs:
1) PowerStrike uses the hotkey of Patroll.
2) Pressing ESC on the movie will indeed cut it which is good but it will make the screen black for a few seconds?
3) Slain orcs drops no Exp?! (not only orcs, hero exp is level 0 disabled)
4) Defend says it bounce off incoming missles, but in bnet games it's automaticly use: "Advance, gameplay contants, Gameplay: Defend can Deflect: Default=FALSE"
MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE IT. Its also the reason why hosted games can't transfer mana to allies using bloodmage.

5) Optional: "Church" -> "Prayer House". For personal reasons, people aren't enjoying to play games that are againts their belives (eating pigs for example), islams and jews are playing your map too and it will be kind of you to change the name for their enjoyment.
6) "sir these scouts are look like they come from sattlement" its still shown even though I killed their base.
7) My hero sword make sound as if it was made of stone.

Uknown:
* Some of the research requires workshop which is unavailable (I wonder if only for this level).
* I killed each and any creature on the map just to get potion of mana?!
* The epic game end where the enemy had 10 rax spawnning costless units and throw them at me was epic, but unless I afked for 4000 gold like I did, it would be impossible to kill it.

Spotted misspellings:
1) Priest's unit toolbar says he can learn inner fire? and sorceress "polymorph"?
2) "Weak Hit Points and Armour.." or 3"..." or 1"."

~~The epic things I liked~~
1) Sorceress = Barby.
2) " Fend off the the attackers and hopefully attack back" Was absolutly correct way to describe the level: it was very hard and you have to turtle hard.
3) Just make huge army and kill everyone: Easy objective on both main and the optional quest.
4) Warsong clan as enemies (war3 campaign allies).

Game Time: 1:42 , the "save replay" botton doesn't exists (maybe my autosave blocked it?)

Chapter 2:

The start movie was very epic with barby as support charicter, she was a great addition to the barby sorceress, The movie was with bug: it has 20 seconds of afking before it started. The joke was funny. (I am not telling to not spoil it for those who haven't played yet) ^_^
I lost the game on my first attempt and had to try again. (Normal difficult is hard)

Spotted Bugs:
1) Cold arrow icon location swap endlessly when it needed to be toggled.
2) My gloves of haste from the last episode was stolen from unknown Bandit, in the game start.
3) How come the support hero is #1 on hero list? suggested fix: import the boy hero and then make the new support hero to swap from netural passive into user owned unit.
4) The game "forgot" the ability which I picked for the boy.
5) The 2nd movie of the game start without invulnerable my units: they were still fighting with killing and dieing untill the movie ended.
6) Some towers was delaying my archers from following: they were hostile but they dropped nothing and they didn't attack, had huge hp and armor to delay my units from helping, make those netural passive.
7) Monk has no potriet.
8) The 2nd line on the 2nd movie was too brief, no one would read an english line that fast, add time to it.
9) The enemy boss naga forked lightning took 11 of my units in 2 hit, taking 5-6 with one hit.
10) Not even a single line of the 3rd movie has enough time to read it.

Uknown:
* The enemy boss naga has forked lightning that can nearly 1 hit kill jaina. Was this intended? ( near game finish has random move that cause gameover?! )

~~The epic things I liked~~
1) Jaina Dashwing = Barby.
~~The fan-servious of overmake-uped girls was absolutly a treat.~~
2) Rune of lesser ressurection saved my ass.
3) My hero could gain exp again.
4) The upgrades of Evasion and Critical adding is fun. They make everything more intresting: Random survival? Random killing? Random victory?.
5) Scepter of healing - Absoultly usefull item.
6) Solving the puzzles was fun.
7) The foomans and the captain of footman's models are very cool.

Suggest:
1) Episode 1 and 2 was too stressfull, allow the player to rest from time to time. in Chapter 1 you throw 3 units that can finish off his base followed by 6 more. and in 2 you just don't let him enjoy the map look and just give him 1 metter from battle area to another, to avoid that, make some big areas where the player only need to walk and watch what is arround him, and don't throw 3+6 enemies so early for episode 1.

Movie 2
A movie in which there was no found bugs.

Chapter 3. (1 of 2)

I choose being enemy with warsong: He in return said thank you and let me go with peace so I can kill him later on. Each and any time I tried to order my barracks to stop doing something the game crushed, I filled a side quest and finished all game quests and kill all living creatures (exepts my allies) but was unable to proceed my journy, as the game stucked forever.

*** The epic story line that had in episode 1 and 2 and in the 2 movies so far ended up having THE worst continuall a story line can have, I will not spoil it for those who didn't play but it involves a woman that show no emotions, the story hero speaking to himself and a solid enemy boss who die without saying anything. ***

Spotted Bugs:
1) Pressing ESC before I choose to kill warsong will make me and my ally hero to instantly be inside enemy territory and die from their attacks. Pressing ESC after I choose will make the game to show me "You lost, remake?" -> before I choose if to attack warsong or not.
2) I lost all my items and picked hero abilities when the new episode started.
3) I killed each and any caravan, pressed esc, my ally hero died to enemy attacks and the game shown game over once my hero revived at altar.
4) During movie, my units dies and I cant micro them, due to not being paused and not being invulnerable duing movies.
5) The timer of "caravan departs" stops at 0:00 and is not removed even though it could show the 2 caravan waves after it or be removed from the screen.
6) I was waiting to see the 3rd caravan wave's coming, instead the screen show "islan: good job man, this is victory".
7) My objective was to destroy the orc's base, once I did it the game acted as if nothing happens, resulting in a map that can't achieve victory, I even tried killing all enemies on the map and it had no effect THERE IS NO WAY TO WIN EPISODE 3.

Unknown:
1) I was invited into the enemy territory, once I was there with no guards at all, I declare that I am going to kill each and any person arround me, in result: the chief of the clan said "The least I could do is let you to go to your base and prepere better to attack us" and let me leave his base UNHARMED.
[ This is not even a plot twist, just a bad movie ]
2) The timer won't stop during movies?
3) How come the epic story ended like this?

Mispellings:
1) Paladin's Timer Buff shows "Water Elemental".
2) Summon paladin has no golden hotkey, I think its W but it cross with W of shocWave.
3) "Caravans" -> "Caravan Waves", the way it is, they refer to each 6 cars as if they were a single one.
4) "Gives SOME elves units the ability to dodge" <- this is the one and only research text who would't fit with the others as it wouldn't name the units which is effecting to. This is non-official way of writing a research description, write each and any unit that the research effects instead.

~~ The epic things I liked ~~
1) Most tier 2 units cost less gold than the weaker units.
2) Caravans are shockwaveable.
3) My ally offers a free goldmine.

Suggestion:
1) Make the path in which the caravan moves unbuildable or instead disable the player from building towers.
2) Drenai should offer autocastable ability, or it will cause too much micro for a spellcaster (the only unit on warcraft that cant autocast is the druid of the bear and that is due to his ability to become tanky unit, but drenai can't become bear)

Chapter 3. (2 of 2)

I choose being ally with warsong: I failed saving his base and only lumber mill remain, he said thank you even though the only reason the lumber mill was saved is because it was too far away for the enemy to reach and not because of me, and by that I achieved my auto compleating of a main mission.

Spotted Bugs:
1) Enemy units will not finish off warsong warmill, resulting in auto compleating a mission.
2) After finishing all other objectives, the game not give any information of how to trigger "escort carravan waves" and the caravans which belong to netural passive are simply afking in their place, resulting in auto game lose.

Unknown:
1) How to trigger caravan escort? the cars are simply standing still with nothing to change it?

Mispellings:
1) "You must first help them with several problams" -> "like the carravan who needs to be triggered using _________ and ____ to make them move"

~~ The epic things I liked ~~
1) My ally blademaster has whirewalk that make him to be handle quite a lot of waves on his own.

Suggestion:
1) Make sure you fix the bugs I marked in red so far.
2) Make sure that items are trasnfered into next episode, include stats changes due to tomes.

Final Massage: The campaign offers a powerfull experience of an unforgetable advanture:

* The story line is epic, fun and intresting but the womans speak like mans, and episode 3 spoil all of it. 7/10
* The models are either AWASOME or SUPER BABE to an absolutly good looking. 10/10
* Mechanics: The Spells offers nothing new: the only spell which you can't recognize is a short range storm bolt, however, the game mechanics of the unit offers an absolutly fun gameplay, for that, I give 9/10 (with 1 missing for no new spells). 9/10
* The campaign was the only one who didn't bore me to death, out of 10 campaigns that I played this week (here are 8 of them): SoA p1, LotCeng102, The Chosen Ones Beta 1.9a, dotdeng101, TLGeng101, burning_legion, deandratalebronze and Conquest Of an Island, for that I give 10/10 to fun factor - Don't play those campaign you will bore and waste time, play THIS campaign instead. 10/10
* The decoration is poor and most of the map is simply normal plate terrain with trees. 4/10

Total Score: (7+10+9+10+4)/5 = 8.00.

The game has these bugs: missing hotkeys, Defend that won't deflect and the 3rd level is unwinable and you die automaticly when you press esc, does this ruin the whole experience? NOT AT ALL.

I recommand to everyone who want to play something fun to go download and play this game as it offers something uniqe that should most absolutly satisfy whoever trys it.

* @ Footman16 : Great presentation, your maps absolutly are bonus to this site.
+REP.

Last edited:
Lol yeah originally Istan cried and professed his undying love to Jaina. Just joking the dialogue might go through a few drafts though and I will give people a few more seconds to read it.

Did you hear the epic music I got for it? It should have played.

If there there are any incomplete missions then I've uploaded the wrong campaign.

Last edited:
Level 15
Lol yeah originally Istan cried and professed his undying love to Jaina. Just joking the dialogue might go through a few drafts though and I will give people a few more seconds to read it.

Did you hear the epic music I got for it? It should have played.

If there there are any incomplete missions then I've uploaded the wrong campaign.

Updated chapter 1. I don't recall hearing any music but I need to check by testing it again afterwards. And how come a woman charicter shows no emotion at all to a guy who has undead love to her? :ogre_love: try ask girl what she would do, its fun to see charicter that matches her role.

I was kidding. I won't have anything like that in the campaign as it would be a bit... forced. Look at macielos' Exodus campaign and you'll see what I mean.

Right I have seen your review. I am doing things like the warcraft 3 campaigns priests and Sorceress can learn polymorph/Inner Fire later on when the research becomes available. The Church appeared in War 1 and personally I think we take little things like this too far if you have a problem with a building that bears a religious name then I can't really say anything; prayer house, might that offend religions with no prayer? Do you see how it all just boils down into how seriously you are going to take a game. No offense to islamists or Jews its just like I said its a game to be so obnoxious about it like that is shameful (this isn't really directed at you more as an explanation to my reasoning).

I will fix that Workshop thing. Nothing to fix, you had it on hard lol.

Will change the hotkey.

I will fix the dialogue and sound.

The black screen is to make the transition smooth as opposed to it just cutting abruptly into the game.

The massive amount of enemies at the final base require some micro to beat as all their units are better than yours so I guess I was trying to involve activity rather than charge and pray.

Thank you for the review so far.

Chapter 2

If you're talking about when all your units die except your heroes - that's intentional. What towers are you talking about? There are no buildings in Chapter 2.

The Boss battle is really hard and I like it that way you can power strike Zar'jira to stop her Fork Lightening.

About the first mission attack waves, you can only lose if your base is destroyed so they ave to be able to destroy your base.

There is a game cache for the final game but I uploaded the demo before I got it working.

It does tell you how to get the caravan to move the neutral passive caravans are not the caravan. Caravans spawn at the front of the base where there is a grunt whom you go up to. The raider tells you all this.

Last edited:
Level 15
Suggestion for Decoration:

For All those who make maps without intresting decoration:
These are 5 suggestions to live up areas where you want to create enviorment which is living: I learned it from books and internet threads and from my own experience in maps making over the years. The 5 terrain types are:
1) Small water area. (fun)
2) Big water area. (creepy)
3) Stone area. (montains)
4) Dry area. (normal enviorment)
5) Dry area. (prehistoric desert)

Review everyone, and like allways, feel free to leave comments and ratings.
They can only be viewed by openning with map editor - not by lunching.

Attachments

• Demo decoration V1.w3x
    29.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Wet Area (Extreamly Wet) Version 2.w3x
    30.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Stone-Area V1.w3x
    21.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Dry Area V1.w3m
    26.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Dry Area V2 (Totaly Dry, a desert).w3x
    22.8 KB · Views: 71
Level 15
The waterfalls on the Wet Area (Extremely Wet) are in underwater?

Its a waterfall placed with Page Down which drop it lower, you can use "Page Up" to raise it upward. "End" inscrease the wide of the doodle while "Home" Increase how tall the doodle be.
Those can be used to controll the placement of water bridge who wouldn't fit (when units can't walk over a bridge, lower or raise it to fit the path).
Any doodle has "state - Fixed scaling", "state - Max scaling" and "state - Min scaling", if you set those to 1.00,2.00,0.50 the result for trees will be trees that are placed at 1.00 - normal size, when you select "place in random scaling" they would be all different from eachother, each tree will be half the size or double or between.

Random controlls:

Press V TO SEE HOW THE PLAYER INSIDE THE GAME WILL SEE THE MAP.
Shift + Click = add to selection.
CTRL + Click = make the doodle look toward this point.
6 (numpad) = move corrent doodle right.
8,4,2,1,3,9,7 (numpad) = move corrent doodle toward the arrow.
* If you want to place some doodle and the path block it: State - allow to built on cliff = true and set path to NONE.
* If you want to place some doodle and WATER block it: State - allow to built on water = true and set path to NONE.
* If you want the doodle to be able to walk upon : State - allow to walk on = True. This can be applied to each and any doodle, unit that walk on tree will walk higher than they would normally (as if they climbed on it).
* You can select huge groop of doodles and ctrl C - Ctrl V it for copy past.
* Each and any destructable is able to be attacked by units (unless you make the unit attack to not effect it, include its splash attack for morts, etc).
* No doodle can be attacked. EVER.
* You can make the destructable health to show on. Using "state - allow clicking", the destructable name will be shown too.

~~~ This is all I could remember ~~~
If anyone has something to add, please do.

Level 15
If you want to test my mod again you could test my new version. Especially the new naval map. Undead is playable too, but the tooltips are still missing.

I'm sorry but there was a request for another beta test before yours:

16/04/13 = farmation.
17/04/13 = TaShadan's mod.

Hopefully I will do it exactly as scadualed. :ogre_haosis:

Last edited:
Level 15
I'm sorry! >.<

I just watched your replay, you missed a lot of things but you kill graveyards :D which I didn't think possible. It was the best review EVER. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 21
Btw, the reason why blood mage can't siphon mana to allies in custom maps is that people forget to change the dataset. I'm not sure if only there, but in JNGPE the default dataset for non-melee is an older one. It's also possible to drain life to allies.

Level 15
Sorry if this was already mentioned in the posts before but: do you just do beta tests or do you also do earlier (alpha tests)?

If your map is playable, I test it.

Btw, the reason why blood mage can't siphon mana to allies in custom maps is that people forget to change the dataset. I'm not sure if only there, but in JNGPE the default dataset for non-melee is an older one. It's also possible to drain life to allies.
You can life drain allies in bnet game?! lol sure sounds funny. And yes, in hosted games kael won't heal using his siphon mana nor would any defend push arrows back.
I remember one game when I shown my bnet friend how to use defend properly againts tower (and I wasn't sure if it works for structure) we had 1/2 hour tring to deflect any tower attack untill in the end we concluded it won't work on structures.
Will be funny when I tell him it was only a data error xD

Level 15
Ever so Thank You, best_player, for letting me to review Freedom Force 2! I think you are looking good and not fat!.
Your welcome :thumbs_up:
Can I ask you to test it again? + rep if you accept. I need you to save the replay and this time, after you kill the dinosaur, don't go to the dancefloor, GO UP INSTEAD. ( and try new heroes :D )

Attachments

• Freedom Force v0.27f.w3x
    373.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Level 15
If you want to test my mod again you could test my new version. Especially the new naval map. Undead is playable too, but the tooltips are still missing.
Farmation was tested.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/farmations-everyone-232861/#post2321020

But I am going for a vacation for 1 week, I will be back next sunday and I think you will get your test really late, is that allright?
Uh, when did i say that? o_O
Will you accept?

Status
Not open for further replies.