• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I am extreamly bored - need beta tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

If you still have time, I have a campaign that is in need for a review. It is called Resurrection of the Scourge.

You can download it here.

Let me know if you are interested ;)
I must go to see a doctor and be in hospital for 1 week. I wouldn't be able to do it anytime soon, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR YOUR ADVANTAGE: THERE ARE 10 ACTIVE READERS, MAKE SURE YOU DO REVIEW FOR ONE OF THEM (warcraft mod is the one I'm corrently skipping, you can do for him) and ask them to do it for you. Get / Give rep is good too and see review of more than one person who have one way of thinking is more total for any map. Please do it while I'm not here so you can make this thread keep on living.

This is the one I couldn't do:
If you want to test my mod again you could test my new version. Especially the new naval map. Undead is playable too, but the tooltips are still missing.

Last edited:
Level 31
I must go to see a doctor and be in hospital for 1 week. I wouldn't be able to do it anytime soon, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR YOUR ADVANTAGE: THERE ARE 10 ACTIVE READERS, MAKE SURE YOU DO REVIEW FOR ONE OF THEM (warcraft mod is the one I'm corrently skipping, you can do for him) and ask them to do it for you. Get / Give rep is good too and see review of more than one person who have one way of thinking is more total for any map. Please do it while I'm not here so you can make this thread keep on living.

This is the one I couldn't do:

Will do :)

Hi,

If you still have time, I have a campaign that is in need for a review. It is called Resurrection of the Scourge.

You can download it here.

Let me know if you are interested ;)
I go on 21 and come back on the 28, and untill then I will have no time to test since I am getting prepered, Please help eachother, ok?

Level 31
Hey Turnro and best_player_88, do you guys do only beta tests or Alpha tests also?

I am someone who likes to review the quality of a map. Therefore, I do not review Alpha maps.

I will review these maps as soon as I am done with TaShadan's maps.

Level 31
WARCRAFT 2.5 REVIEW

Before I get into the review, there is something I must say about the current mod importing option. From what I understand, you are trying to recreate the Warcraft 2 experience using Warcraft 3.

Although creating another Warcraft 3 directory folder may help in differentiating your map, such an approach may not be worth it. It requires the player to do work before they are able to play your maps. What is more, the approach you've made can be confusing to someone who has never used modding before. I myself spent 40 minutes playing around with my computer before finally figuring out how to play Warcraft 2.5.

Overall, the current modding system may discourage people from playing your maps. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with playing Warcraft 2.5 normally through the default Warcraft 3. The modding will not affect your review score however, but I feel it is necessary to point out.

GENERAL

Since the gameplay is based on Warcraft 2, I was expecting the game to be fast paced. When I played, however, I found that it was the total opposite. When I played versing Orcs (I cannot say much about the other races because they are incomplete), it took a while before they sent their first wave.

There are several things you can do to make the game feel more fast paced. You could reduce the time it takes to construct buildings, force the player to expand quicker, or make the AI attack earlier and more frequently. Of course, whether or not you are aiming for a fast-paced game is entirely up to you.

Other than that, I would say that you have done a solid foundation to making your maps Warcraft 2 stylish. One thing you will need to remember is that Warcraft 2 is an earlier version of Warcraft 3. Although this sounds plain, I noticed that you imported a lot of stuff (particularly sound) from Warcraft 2. While this can help you recreate the Warcraft 2 experience, there is a downfall to this approach. This is discussed in more detail in the QUALITY part of this review.

TERRAIN
Score = 4/5

The terrain is what I was expecting for a remake of a Warcraft 2 map. It's not flawless, but on the other hand, it doesn't need to be. Looking at these maps does make me wish to see some creeps on the map, though. Fighting the enemy player or AI can be extremely repetitive at times.

BALANCE
Score = 3/5

This is something you might have considered. On one hand, you have the Humans and Orcs which seem fine. My only concerns are for the Undead and Night Elves. From looking at their tech trees and units, you need to be ABSOLUTELY sure that these races are balanced. I noticed that the Night Elves do not get to tech their Tree of Life. In addition, the undead can train Necromancers straight away from their Necropolis. Although I cannot say that these ideas are imbalanced, they sound imbalanced to me.

Of course, this is beta so you won't be penalized too much for this.

RACES
Score = 3/5

Overall, I found the Orcs to be the most complete race, followed by the Humans, Night Elves, and with the Undead being very incomplete. I will go through with some initial suggestions about each race.

HUMAN

- Footmen have two different voices: one for normal clicking and another for attacking. It would be better to change so that his voice stays consistent for the whole game.
- In the Stables model, the Horses look as if they're floating in the air. This is something minor, but totally unrealistic.
- Why does the Airship sound like a Transport Ship floating on water?

ORC

- The Firelord model has no portrait. It would be more beneficial to use the Firelord model that already exists in the game, unless you can find a better one.
- Black Dragons? I may not know much about Warcraft 2, but I do know that the dragons the Orcs used were red, not black. However, if this was intentional, then that is ok.
- Stalkers feel so out of place for the Horde. What creatures are they supposed to be? They're not orc, troll, ogre, or goblin. It might be worth considering either removing or replacing this unit.
- Why are Troll Batriders called Troll Batriders when they ride Owls?

UNDEAD

- A lot of unit descriptions for the units and buildings are either not there or do not fit the description of the unit properly (eg. Crypts train Ghouls, Crypt Fiends and Gargoyles, which they clearly do not).
- Undead units, buildings, and upgrades do not requires a Halls of the Dead or Black Citadel, making upgrading the Necropolis pointless.
- I couldn't play as the undead for long. Ziggurats do not supply food, so I couldn't advance much in the game.

I could say more, but I think you get the idea.

NIGHT ELF

- From reading the Huntress' Owl Companion ability, I thought it was cool to summon attacking owl companions, but I was obviously misled. It might be best to change the name of the ability to "Summon Owl Scout".

QUALITY
Score = 2/5

There is still a lot of work to be done before Warcraft 2.5 will finally be finished. Overall, the quality (in my opinion) determines how good the map is.

Firstly, in regards to importing Warcraft 2 material, you should realize that a decent chunk of it is inferior compared to the models, sounds, and skins that already exist in Warcraft 3. This does not mean that you need to change all the models you have used: the basis of what models you use should be decided around whether or not they are good. Some models, such as the peons, trolls and ogres, are fine. Others, such as the archers, are ok. A few, like the knights, might be worth replacing.

What models and skins you've used is not my main concern, however. Some sounds you've included need to be replaced, due to the quality being bad. The Ogre's voices are the best example I can give. The background music is alright (long gone are the days of 2D games and their music), but you can still keep them if you wish.

Of course, this map is still in beta, so you still have plenty of time to improve Warcraft 2.5.

OVERALL
TOTAL SCORE = 12/20 (60%)

Warcraft 2.5 shows an example of a remake of Warcraft 2 with the Undead and Night Elves mixed in. It is interesting that this map achieves the Warcraft 2 feel in a lot of ways, through the terrain, models used, and the background music. It makes me compare the game to Warcraft 3, and make me realize how inferior the game actually is.

You have done a decent job so far, yet game praises are only given for improving the game itself.

The best advise I can give you is this: If you are going to make a remake of Warcraft 2, approach it as if you are making the next Warcraft 4. In that way, the quality of the game won't suffer.

Level 13
Thanks for your effort and the detailed review

Although creating another Warcraft 3 directory folder may help in differentiating your map, such an approach may not be worth it. It requires the player to do work before they are able to play your maps. What is more, the approach you've made can be confusing to someone who has never used modding before. I myself spent 40 minutes playing around with my computer before finally figuring out how to play Warcraft 2.5.

Did you read the readme.txt?

Since the gameplay is based on Warcraft 2, I was expecting the game to be fast paced. When I played, however, I found that it was the total opposite. When I played versing Orcs (I cannot say much about the other races because they are incomplete), it took a while before they sent their first wave.

At first the AI is not that good. On the other hand its not as fast as Wc2 "even faster" setting but its comparable to "fastest" and low starting resources. Also its kinda similar to Starcraft Broodwar speed. I personally dislike "even faster" because it reduces micro.

There are several things you can do to make the game feel more fast paced. You could reduce the time it takes to construct buildings, force the player to expand quicker, or make the AI attack earlier and more frequently. Of course, whether or not you are aiming for a fast-paced game is entirely up to you.

I dont think having reduced building times are good for a rts game. It reduces the impact of bad player decisions.

Fighting the enemy player or AI can be extremely repetitive at times.

I agree with you. I didnt work that much on AI yet, because i created it mainly for multiplayer.

My only concerns are for the Undead and Night Elves. From looking at their tech trees and units, you need to be ABSOLUTELY sure that these races are balanced. I noticed that the Night Elves do not get to tech their Tree of Life. In addition, the undead can train Necromancers straight away from their Necropolis. Although I cannot say that these ideas are imbalanced, they sound imbalanced to me.

NE balance is actually better than you expect, but the playstyle is completly different to HU and ORC. NE doesnt tech with TIERs, they tech with buildings similar to Broodwar. Necromancers are the Supply units of Undead (yes i forgot to mention that and the UD tooltips are still missing :( )

HUMAN

- Footmen have two different voices: one for normal clicking and another for attacking. It would be better to change so that his voice stays consistent for the whole game.
- In the Stables model, the Horses look as if they're floating in the air. This is something minor, but totally unrealistic.
- Why does the Airship sound like a Transport Ship floating on water?

Thx for pointing out the footman and airship problem. I will fix that in the next version. I might make the wc2 sounds optional, because of the problems you mentioned.
Iam aware of the stable problem but i was not able to find a better one.

ORC

- The Firelord model has no portrait. It would be more beneficial to use the Firelord model that already exists in the game, unless you can find a better one.
- Black Dragons? I may not know much about Warcraft 2, but I do know that the dragons the Orcs used were red, not black. However, if this was intentional, then that is ok.
- Stalkers feel so out of place for the Horde. What creatures are they supposed to be? They're not orc, troll, ogre, or goblin. It might be worth considering either removing or replacing this unit.
- Why are Troll Batriders called Troll Batriders when they ride Owls?

I will fix the Firelord problem thx.
Black Dragons was intended, because the Horde lost control of the Dragons and got reinforced by Deathwings breed. BTW in WC2 are green dragons.
I might think about replacing the stalker model with a more fitting one.
Will change the name to owl rider. :)

Some models, such as the peons, trolls and ogres, are fine. Others, such as the archers, are ok. A few, like the knights, might be worth replacing.

Which models do you mean? The WC2.5 one or the original wc3?

It makes me compare the game to Warcraft 3, and make me realize how inferior the game actually is.

I dont think you can compare RTS games with different game style. I would never compare Broodwar with Wc3 for example. Its just a matter of preference and i prefer Broodwar, Wc2 wc1 etc.

PS: Did you test Cliffhanger with ships and neutral buildings?

Level 14
Well, I've long since moved on from beta. I could use a freash look at one of my maps though. (Ideally multiplayer, fine as single player with up to 3 AI (colors don't matter).

I'll come back and bug you sometime this weekend after I upload the next version. I need more feedback/gameplay commentary than a traditional review though. It was approved about 2 years ago. I'm trying to freshin it up is all. Hopefully it's fine by the guys in here.

//\\^^//\\

Level 31
Which models do you mean? The WC2.5 one or the original wc3?

I meant the models you used replace the existing Warcraft 3 models (or Warcraft 2 custom models in other words).

PS: Did you test Cliffhanger with ships and neutral buildings?

I played the Cliffhanger map, but I didn't test out the ships or the neutral buildings.

I will now play through these maps and give you a review with the next day or so.

If you're interested BP88 did a review on farmcraft, my farming minigame, would you take a look at it, and post a review on the thread? Here's the link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/farmations-everyone-232861/

I will have a look at Farmcraft once I have reviewed salvadorc17's maps.

Level 31
SEA WARS SKIRMISH REVIEW

I must say, I have seen several threads asking for people to test this map both on Hive and on other sites. It is clear that you are really eager to see what other users think about Sea Wars Skirmish. After playing through the map, I will now share with you the bugs and problems I encountered, as well as any other suggestions I can think of.

GENERAL

From playing Sea Wars Skirmish, it made me realize why Blizzard never incorporated sea battles into the multiplayer. The idea of battling with Warships and at sea may sound like a good idea, yet I am yet to see it implemented into an RTS game in a way that is both fun and balanced.

The style of playing Sea Wars Skirmish can be fun, but only when you are harassing enemy players by bombarding their bases with a large army of Battleships. Massing up on Battleships is the most easiest and cheesy strategy in the game. What is more, this strategy is so effective that you cannot possibly lose. I can see all future players getting nothing but Battleships in every single game (which is not ideal in an RTS game).

Also, I have seen the screenshot you provided for Sea Wars Skirmish (the one displayed on WC3 Campaigns). I originally got the impression that this map contained a decent level of polish, yet I was quick to realize that I was misled. It is generally not good practice to deceive people by showing screenshots which are not taken directly from your maps. For one, the terrain looked decent in the image, which was certainly not the case in the real game (more discussed in the TERRAIN section). Also, the image shows us of Ogres being present in the game, yet there is not a single Ogre to be seen or encountered at all while playing Sea Wars Skirmish.

TERRAIN
Score = 2/5

The terrain is generally bland. A lot of the map is taken up by wide open spaces of water. What is more, the islands themselves are narrow, flat, and have no interesting detail other than trees.
Perhaps the most annoying thing I encountered in the game was the ramps leading to the Dock. The ramps are so narrow that it is impossible for your units to travel down the ramp and load into a Transport Ship. This further led me to just mass up on Battleships.

There are several things you can do to improve the terrain. The list is vast, so I will only suggest the important things you should change:
- Make the ramps wider
- Add in more doodads to increase the maps appeal
- Allow plenty of space for land battles so that units are not all clumped up
- Add several more islands at sea. These islands don’t have to have any units on them, or even be reachable. They are there to make the terrain look better

BALANCE
Score = 2/5

This map is not very balanced. Although Sea Wars Skirmish is only in beta, some of the problems I’m going to discuss are so obvious that you should have identified them during development and fixed them before releasing the map for beta testing.

The most obvious problem is the Battleships: they are incredibly powerful and an extremely effective harassing unit. You can begin building them at the start of the game, which gives the enemy players little time to prepare for harassment other than also massing up on Battleships. What is more, Battleships cost very little food (3), allowing the player to mass large amounts of them. Finally, they out-range towers, making them useless from protecting a base (or a much needed expansion). You should modify the Battleships so that:
- They require at least a Keep (or the equivalent tier-2 Town Hall)
- Cost more food
- Reduce their range to 700 so that towers can be used to defend against them

Also, the default patch (which determines the unit stats and other changes) is an old one. Warcraft 3 has been updated much since the release of The Frozen Throne to fix several balance issues. Therefore, you will need to set the patch to the most recent version of Warcraft 3. This can be done through Map Options in the World Editor.
Another thing about Sea Wars Skirmish that is not very balanced is the fact that the Humans start off with Antonidas. I know that each team starts off with a hero automatically, but Antonidas is a campaign hero, meaning that he does not count towards a hero-type. This allows the Humans to train 4 heroes while every other race is stuck with 3. This problem can be easily avoided by replacing Antonidas with a normal Archmage hero.

In addition, it doesn’t take long before the players cut down all the trees on their island and run out of lumber. This is fine as long as it also restricts the other players from gaining additional lumber on their islands. However, the Night Elves do not kill trees, allowing them to have an endless supply of lumber. How you choose to tackle this problem is entirely up to you, but you may want to consider adding in more trees.

In speaking of resources, I noticed that Human and Orc Town Halls start off relatively far away from a Goldmine. The Undead and Night Elves, on the other hand, are able to collect gold from their Goldmines straight away at the start of the game. THIS IS EXTREMELY UNFAIR FOR THE HUMANS AND ORCS. Please change it so that all the races start off with their Town Halls at a Goldmine.

Once you fix these issues, the balance should be quite acceptable for a beta version map.

RACES
Score = N/A

No points are allocated to this section, since you used the default Warcraft 3 races.

QUALITY
Score = 2/5

With the combination of poor terrain and major balance issues, the quality of the map suffers. By taking my suggestions, you will improve the quality and feel of Sea Wars Skirmish.

Also, you should realize that with each race being able to construct a Dock comes with certain consequences. With the Humans and Undead being able to construct Docks, this disables them from constructing any Arcane Vaults and Tomb and Relics. This is because there are no free command button slots available from the construct building option for Peasants and Acolytes. Therefore, not all the available buildings will be shown to the player. How you choose to tackle this problem is entirely up to you.

OVERALL
TOTAL SCORE = 6/15 (40%)

From my point of view, there is nothing about Sea Wars Skirmish that makes it appeal to me. In addition, there are so many problems with the balance that it wouldn’t be fun to play unless I choose to mass up on Battleships.

However, there is still time to improve Sea Wars Skirmish to make it a fun, balanced, and quality map that will make it worth playing. The question just comes to whether or not this is what you want to achieve.

Level 31
LOST REALMS REVIEW

Now comes a review for another of salvadorc17's maps. I actually played this one before Sea Wars Skirmish, so it will be interesting to see what I remember.

GENERAL

When I downloaded Lost Realms, I was expecting a melee map which allowed the player to choose additional races to the already existing ones. The custom races (High Elf, Naga, Draenei, and Fel Orcs) would have been exactly the races I would have chosen for this kind of map.

However, I was quick to realize that this map is far from the traditional melee map. Although it has the same win/loss rules, the teams are default and start in the same Goldmines in every map. I guess everything I have to say will be covered in the following sections.

It would have been nice to allow the player to choose which race they would like to play at the start of each game, as opposed to automatically allocate a race for each individual player slot (Naga for Player 1, Fel Orcs for Player 2, etc.).

TERRAIN
Score = 2.5/5

There is a lot that can be done with the terrain to make it better. However, unlike Sea Wars Skirmish, the terrain isn’t as noticeable when assessing quality at first hand.

One of the most annoying problems with this map is again to do with the ramps. They are so narrow! I don’t like the idea of having only one unit go up or down the ramp at a time, especially if the enemy base is situated on the high ground. This helps contribute to the balance issues of the map (see BALANCE for more information).

There are, to my disappointment, no creeps on the map. This gives the player an excuse to explore the map and gain items for rewards. In addition, it makes the map feel more alive.

I also noticed that there were two EXTREMELY long bridges in the middle of the map. Although it looks cool for a first time map maker, you might want to consider removing them as they serve no purpose and look extremely unnatural.

By widening all the ramps and adding in more doodads (in particular), it will be the first step to improving the terrain for the Lost Realms.

BALANCE
Score = 2/5

Just like Sea Wars Skirmish, the Lost Realms has a lot of work to do before being declared balanced. Also like the predecessor map, are lot of the balance issues I’m going to talk about could have been easily avoided.

I will first discuss the enemy AI. The Orc and Undead team are easily more overpowered than the Humans and Night Elves. Why?

Firstly, the Humans start relatively far away from trees, making collecting lumber an issue. Also, the Night Elf’s Tree of Life starts too far away from a Goldmine to entangle it. With a constraint on the resources collected for these two players, this gives the Orcs and Undead an unfair advantage for the entire game.

Secondly, the Undead start off with Archimonde, who is easily the most overpowered hero in the Lost Realms. This does not only affect the enemy AI, however. Because Archimonde has Divine armor, this makes him impossible to kill for any player unless they have the units that deal Chaos damage. Unfortunately, the only race that can produce Chaos damage units are the Fel Orcs, making them the only viable race to play if you intend to win. If you can change Archimonde’s armor type to Hero, the other races (and custom races in particular) will have a chance against him.

Finally, the Undead’s base starts off on a high ground. Combined with Archimonde and extremely narrow ramps, this makes assaulting their base difficult. Normally, this would not be a problem providing that the ramps were wide enough and if Archimonde’s armor type was anything BUT Divine. In addition, it might be worth considering making one of the opposing AI enemy players to also start off on the high ground. This will even the scores between the Orc and Undead alliance and the Humans and Night Elves.

I will now move on to the custom races themselves. Because each race gets different units, some are not only preferable to play as but are also overpowered. The High Elves get the weakest and least variety of units, making them both underpowered and undesirable to play. Why would I bother getting Swordsmen and Archers when they are completely useless against Fel Orc Grunts and Raiders? You need to give the High Elves more units (and stronger units) not only for balance reasons, but to make them a viable race to play.

Also, there is a problem with the Heroes for each custom race. Not only do a lot of them not suit the particular race, but you can train an endless amount of the same Hero. What is more, these Heroes cost no food. This encourages players to mass up on the same Hero-type (like Fel Orc Groms), which is both extremely cheesy and unbalanced. To fix this issue, you will need to do two things. First, make EVERY Hero cost 5 food. In addition, you will need to limit the player to train only one of any particular type of Hero.

The last balance issue I will discuss is Player 1’s base. They start off with EVERY possible building from all the custom races. Is there a reason for this? From my perspective, this is extremely unfair for the other players, who are limited to only one custom race. Change it so that they start off and can only build Naga structures, since they are the only custom race that has no player slot allocated (or go with my earlier suggestion of giving the player the choice of each race at the start of the game).

By the way, I am assuming that all players are enemies, and the only alliances are amongst the AI controlled players. When I played, everyone but the AI controlled teams were against each other.

RACES
Score = 2.5/5

The first thing worth pointing is the units of choice and buildings available for each race. The Naga easily get the best unit combination, making them one of the most preferable of all the custom races. The Fel Orcs too are overpowered because of their strong Chaos damage dealing units, although they need more options when fighting air units. The Draenei are fine, as their unit combination is varied. However, the High Elves gain no real benefit or advantage over the other races.

All of the races also share the same problems, so I will discuss about them first. Most of the Heroes of choice don’t match their particular race. Why do the High Elves train Human Heroes (Jaina and Antonidas?) Why do the Fel Orcs get Cairne (a Tauren with the Fel Orcs?)? You will need to change a lot of these heroes so that they suit the race properly.

Another problem with the Heroes is that they can be the exact same type of Hero with the same spells but different names. Why would I ever train the Fel Orc Bladesmaster when I can get the Fel Orc Grom, who is exactly the same only he deals more damage and deals Chaos damage?

Also, it doesn’t make sense training a Hero who is of type Kael, for example. You will need to change all the heroes so that they are called by their Hero-type (changing Kael’s hero-type to the Bloodmage, for example).

One final point before I discuss each race in more detail: all the races can get the improved lumber harvesting upgrade. I see no real purpose for this, as this upgrade is only suited to the Humans. Removing it will not affect the balance for each custom race. If you do however decide to keep it, at least change the upgrades description to suit the particular race (aka, change Peasant to each race’s worker equivalent).

HIGH ELF

As I stated before, there needs to be more units added to this race to make them more interesting and viable against the enemy AI (especially the Undead). There also needs to be more buildings available to the player. I don’t understand why you didn’t just use all the High Elf units that already exist in Warcraft 3.

Also, I disagree with the idea of training Human Chaplains and Hydromancers for the High Elves, since they don’t suit this race.

Another problem I picked up is due to the High Elves lack of weapon and armor upgrades. If Swordsmen are going to be the only tanking unit for this race, at least allow the player to upgrade their damage and armor at the Blacksmith.

There are so many things to say about the High Elves, but I guess that this should be where I leave it.

NAGA

Unlike the other races, the Naga are mainly untouched from what units and buildings they already have available. However, one thing I will comment about is the heroes (again). The only hero worth keeping is the Naga Sea Witch. You don’t need another Naga Sea Witch who is exactly the same but only with a different name (Lady Vashj) or the Goblin Alchemist. You will also need to fix the bug that restricts you from training the Naga Sea Witch unless you have an altar.

In addition, you need to allow the Temple of Tides to have three levels, and make certain units available depending on the level of the Temple of Tides. This will help balance the game (when versing the enemy AI), and you will need to implement this feature for every other custom race should you go with it.

DRAENEI

Like the Naga, the Draenei units available are from what already exists in Warcraft 3. However, there are some things that the Draenei don’t have that need to be added.

The main problem is the lack of upgrades. Every race has to research upgrades before they can advance in their tech-trees and to improve their units fighting capabilities. However, the Dreanei have none of this. They need to have a building which allows them to research upgrades.

Also, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to add a lumber drop-off building.

FEL ORC

For such strong units, Fel Orc units have relatively low cost. Increasing the Fel Orcs Grunts gold cost (for example) to 235 would not be a bad idea.

I’ve also noticed that a lot of the buildings are exactly the same as the Orcs buildings, only with different names. If there is no difference between them, why name them differently? What's the difference between a Warmill and a Woodmill? Apart from the name, there is no difference at all. Also, the name changes also don’t sound right (such as Altar of Fel Storms). I recommend you reverting the name changes.

In speaking of buildings, a lot of the upgrades the Fel Orcs can get are unavailable, either because the building they are researched from is unavailable or the upgrade itself requires a Stronghold or Fortress. Which upgrades you want available is entire up to you, but it would not be a bad idea to allow the Fe Orcs Great Hall (or Mainhall as you have called it) to upgrade into a Stronghold/Fortress. Having upgrades available that can’t be researched due to various reasons both makes the race incomplete and degrades the quality of the map overall.

In addition, you can make the Beastairy available for construction. This will allow the player to train Fel Orc Kodos and research the Ensnare ability (the Fel Orcs need this upgrade to attack air units). This is an idea to make the Fel Orcs build more buildings and units, making them a better race to play. You could also incorporate Red Dragons, since the Fel Orcs do not have an air unit.

QUALITY
Score = 2/5

With the combination of terrain problems, unbalanced gameplay, and a lack of work done to create the custom races, I cannot say that the Lost Realms offers high quality.

Take my suggestions into account, and perhaps you may make the map both more enjoyable and balanced.

OVERALL
TOTAL SCORE = 9/20 (40%)

To me, the Lost Realms offers an example of a map with a good idea, yet a poor attempt of implementing that idea in a way that is both fun and of high quality.

However, this map is a beta version, so there is still time to improve on it. You may not be the first person to incorporate a melee map with custom races, but you can be the first person to incorporate a melee map with custom races well. The question just lies to how hard you are willing to improve the Lost Realms.

Level 31
FARMCRAFT REVIEW

It has taken a while, but I’ve finally been able to play Farmcraft. In this review, I’ll do my best to inform you what was done right, and what could have been improved.

GENERAL

Since I had not played a farming game before, I had no idea what to expect from Farmcraft. After playing it, I found that it is a rather simple game. The tech-tree is small (but is a good thing), and it is easy to play once the player has an idea on how the game works.

However, there is little guidance to how to play the game (or at least when I played). There is no custom loading screen to introduce the map. In addition, there is no guidance once the game begins, and you are on your own. As this is a beta version of the map, I’m not sure if this map is just a test dummy to a bigger version of the map (like a multiplayer version where several players compete with each other), but there isn’t a whole lot you can do when playing.

TERRAIN
Score = 4/5

The terrain, to some extent, is fine as it is. Plenty of doodads have been added, there is a mix of different tilesets used, and it all adds together to create a landscape that doesn’t look noobish.

There is, of course, one thing that caught my eye. In the lake, there are all these fish that are clumped up together and do not move unless you have a Spearthrower attacking them. To me, this looks unnatural. You can greatly improve the lake by giving the fish the Neutral Wander ability. It might also be worth considering deleting a few of the fish. Sure it may affect how much gold a player can gain by fishing, but it will look better than a huge bunch of fish all clumped up in the one place of the lake. Or if you do not wish to do this, at least make it so that fish do not run away when they are attacked (to avoid clumping).

I also realize that there is a similar problem with the chickens and pigs spawning in their respective pens. Have you ever considered decreasing their collision size? In that way, you can help avoid chickens and pigs spawning out of their pens.

GAMEPLAY
Score = 2/5

The way to play Farmcraft is simple: Using your Vintner and worker units, you must make gold. Building additional structures and following the tech-tree will allow you access to better ways of making gold.

Apart from that, what else is there to do in Farmcraft? Not a lot. Making gold can be fun (for a short time) and there are several ways to do this, but apart from advancing in the tech-tree, what’s the point of gaining more gold? I guess what I’m trying to say is that there is no main objective or goal for the player to continue playing or even win Farmcraft. This is perhaps the biggest pitfall of the game. At least if this was a multiplayer map, you could compete with other players to see who can make the most gold or something.

Also, what’s the go with Customers? Apart from showing up on the map, I don’t understand what they’re supposed to do. I tried giving them food I made, but their didn’t eat it. I walked up to them to see if they would say anything, but they didn’t. I even tried to attack them, and still nothing happened. What’s the point of having Customers who show up if they don’t give you a chance to provide a product or service to make gold?

I also have a suggestion for the Customers. At the moment, they have a 1 in 20 chance of showing up every so often. It might be better to increase the chances of a Customer showing up depending on the food the player provides and tech advancement. It would make more sense since Customers do not randomly choose when to come, and would have preferences in which farm they go to.

QUALITY
Score = 3/5

Overall, Farmcraft has some level of quality. It has a decent terrain, a basic solid gameplay, and little or no spelling errors. However, there were quite a few little things I picked up which affect the quality of the map:

- The Cake Sheet’s icon doesn’t appear

- The Vintner and Put-Things-In-Earth have an armor value that is negative (-1, -2, etc). Units should have no less than 0 armor

- The lumberjacks are Orcs? They don’t seem to fit in a farm that is only occupied by a Panda and Humans. You might want to consider replacing him, or at least give him the appropriate animations so it looks like he can carry lumber

- The placement of Cabbages, Carrots, and Grapes is a bit odd. They generate outside the Marketplace, and look weird when all bunched up and continue to grow. To resolve this problem, make the spawning points of these vegetables more practical and perhaps try to limit the amount generated if the player fails to use them. Also, I noticed that you can have more than one Grape occupy the same inventory slot of a Hero. It might be worth doing the same for Cabbages and Carrots, considering the amount you can generate

- The chickens and pigs appearing out of their pens (although this has already been mentioned, you should know that this issue also affects the quality of the map)

- The Put-Things-In-Earth Hero is a Murloc? If you are going to use him, at least give him a work animation. Units who don’t have a work animation who build buildings don’t look right, as it looks like they are just standing there

- You will need to change the icons for Cabbages and Carrots. They don’t suit what the vegetables are supposed to look like.

- The description for the Farming Expo claims to “Grant new technology and provides for the hiring of exotic labourers and other items”. Yet when I constructed the building, the only benefit it provided was allow me to research the Back Pack upgrade

- The icon used for the Egg goes green whenever I pause the game or go to the Main Menu. You may want to check this icon’s disabled image pathing to ensure it is correct

OVERALL
TOTAL SCORE = 9/15 (60%)

Farmcraft shows some potential to be a fun map to play, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

I know this map is in beta, but somehow I get the impression that this map has only being created to allow a multiplayer version possible. In addition, I also have the feeling that you wish to enter this map in Hive’s Farming Mini-Map Contest :0

If this is the case, then I wish you all the best.

Level 4
Thanks for the review. The map has been upgraded with basic multiplayer, and although the goal is still up in the air, I've been planning to institute some form of victory in single-player. This map isn't for the Mini-Mapping contest, as I started before it was mentioned, and wasn't eligible.

Level 31
EREBUS REVIEW

After doing some research, I found that Erebus is an old multiplayer map that has recently received some updates. This map has obviously had a lot of work put into it, so let’s get down to the details.

GENERAL

Erebus is another map where I had no idea what to expect. At first, I didn’t know what to think about it, because Erebus has a game style I have never played before. After some time, I have come to really like the game. Everything suits well for an undead map: the terrain is dark and spooky, the units are generally good, and there is even an overload of imported material from the game’s interface to the doodads and units.

You have done an excellent job creating the theme of the game in the player’s mind: escape or die. Erebus definitely has the potential to be a very fun and balanced game for everyone to enjoy. I’ll try to pin-point the flaws that I found as best I can.

TERRAIN
Score = 4/5

As I said before, you have done a good job creating a dark themed map, and this is partly to do with the terrain. The tilesets used are of perfect choice (blight, dead ground, black), there is no light to be seem (other than spells, of course), and the crystals you imported work well.

However, I did notice that there were some bland spots which could have been more detailed. In addition, the placements of the trees in many areas are weird, forcing groups of units to travel around the map almost single file (making them extremely vulnerable to approaching enemies). Nonetheless, you have done an excellent job making the terrain look so dead and spooky that most players will not even notice the pitfalls of the terrain.

GAMEPLAY
Score = 3/5

There are certainly some points noting about the gameplay. Firstly, the guardians protecting the Obelisks are really strong. This may be as you intended it to be, but you have to put the game in perspective at the beginning. Once you have possessed a Slave, you gain control of a base. Because the Obelisks are located on the cliffs, you can only get to them using Barrages, which are only available once you have reached the end of the tech-tree. In addition, because the guardians are tough, the player will also need to build a lot of units. Apart from attacking or being attacked from other players, what else is there to do to fill in the time? Not a lot. The player only needs to explore the map to find enemy bases or to activate the Obelisks. The map doesn’t offer anything else. If there were creeps that gave players items or something (or even experience), it would certainly help add more to the value of the game. Of course, there may be other ways to gain the players interest…

Also, what’s to stop a player from deciding to wipe out everyone’s base and then just go for the Obelisks? This doesn’t sound very fun at all. Everyone will be dead, and the remaining player might get so disinterested in activating the Obelisks that (s)he might as well quit the game. This forces the game to become more base vs. base, which I am sure is not what you want. It would be good to allow players to come back if their Hero and base was destroyed. In that way, it will make the game a lot more interesting (forcing the player to make better decisions other than just kill everyone and then go for the Obelisks).

There is also another problem I see from the way you developed acquiring resources for the players. Necrogen is automatically generated, and the amount generated depends on the amount of Necronages you have and their corosponding level. There is a BIG downfall to this approach, and this is best explained by referring to the way resources are acquired in a normal Warcraft 3 game:

- Gold and lumber can be collected at the start of the game. However, these resources are limited and if the player wished to acquire more, they will have to expand outside their main base. This of course brings in some problems: this new expansion is vulnerable to attack until it is fully operational and can be a heavy investment. In addition, once the player has expanded, this opens more doors to how the opposition can choose to attack. The player cannot simply defend both the main base and expansion effectively at the same time, so thought needs to be put into what the player should do. In other words, this introduces strategy.

Unfortunately, Erebus does not offer any sort of strategy when collecting resources other than build as many Necronages as you can to generate as much Necrogen as you can. This is not ideal because it can encourage cheesy gameplay, and there is no downfall to this approach on behalf of the player. I can see players just build as many Necronages as they can to ensure that they never run out of resources. This forces everyone to load up on Necronages as there is no counter to this cheesy strategy at all. Making Erebus a full strategy game may not be what you are after, but you should definitely try to either limit the amount of Necrogons the player can get or, in case the player does decide to go greedy, make it come at a cost.

One small note about resources: I noticed that Ghouls can collect lumber despite that it is of no value to the player. You might want to fix this.

One last note about the gameplay: although you have done a lot to make the player immersed in the theme and fell of Erebus, little has been done in terms of sound. I encountered little sound that contributed to the game other than the victory and score-screen music. I also noticed that the background music for the entire game only consisted of Human music. It might be worth to consider changing the background music to the Undead themed music.

Don’t get me wrong, you have a basic foundation of what Erebus is about and how the player should play. It’s just there are some slight problems with the gameplay which can ultimately alter the way the player perceives the map, as in whether it was fun or not. Cheesy strategies and limited options can all make the player fell cheated and have no fun.

BALANCE
Score = N/A

It is difficult to judge the balance of this map. I played by myself, so there won’t be a lot to say.

Firstly, apart from the Hero the player chooses, the units everyone can get are the same. This is a very balance-oriented decision, and is not bad considering the amount of different unit-types available to the player. In addition, all the Heroes seem to be equal in power.

If you can fix the problems I encountered in the Gameplay section of this review (in terms of the cheesy strategies), I would say that the balance for Erebus would be reasonable.

TECH TREE
Score = 3/5

The tech-tree available is indeed very creative. Thumbs up for that one.

There are plenty of unit-types to use (I counted around 20 different types). However, I felt that offering a large amount of units can confuse the player in which ones to get. This also doesn’t help when you need to micro all the units, with some of them having spells to cast. This, of course, is just my opinion. You do not have to take this suggestion seriously.

Some things I do encourage you to consider though are listed below:

- Slaves can be summoned from three different buildings. Add in the fact that each of these buildings provide food, it gave me the impression that there were three different town hall buildings that you could build. You should change it so that Slaves are only available from one of these buildings

- A lot of the units you can train have hero glows. Only Hero units should have this

- The Crypt, Barracks, and Fortress all look and have the same model. At least offer a little variation between the three

- The description of the Stun ability where it states ‘… to stun an enemy unit for 0 seconds” should be removed

- There are a few units which could use some changes to their voices, either because there is more than one unit who has the voice (King and Tomb Breaker) or the voice doesn’t suit the unit (Shandris’ voice should not be used for an undead unit)

QUALITY
Score = 3/5

This is, of course, a combination of the terrain, gameplay, and balance scores I gave in the previous sections of the review. However, there are some final points I wish to share with you that affect the quality of your map.

After reading some posts, it is apparent that the game has some saving/loading problems. Although this may be because of Warcraft 3, the problem can still be avoided. I myself had this problem when I first created Jeopardy for the Horde, and the saved games would not load for the later chapters. I soon discovered that my custom background music list (which was set up as a trigger) was the culprit behind the problem. With your map, you need to check which trigger is forcing the saved games to not load. This will most likely be a trigger that runs for a certain amount of time, and then re-runs itself. This may take a while to fix and a lot of debugging on your behalf, but it is definitely worth looking into. All players should be allowed to load their saved games and not start again from scratch.

Also, there was one thing I experienced a few times when playing Erebus: Lag. For a multiplayer map, this is totally unacceptable. This may be to do with the large amount of imported material used for the map. Although these new models, skins, icons, and interface pictures makes your game look unique and cool (not no mention it fits the theme of your map fine), more files mean more work on behalf of Warcraft 3, thus the gameplay may run slower on a slow computer. However, I feel that the main reason for your map to lag would be to do with the triggers you’ve implemented. I noticed that the game becomes really laggy whenever the game comes up with a message saying that the locations of the Obelisks have been revealed. You will need to go through the triggers for Erebus and fix the ones which are causing the game to lag.

OVERALL
TOTAL SCORE = 13/20 (65%)

Erebus is a game which definitely has potential. You can bet that my suggestions will help you improve the game in a way that will make it more fun, and cease the main problems from existing.

Overall, I like the ideas you have gone for. You have certainly found a way to make players perceive Erebus differently from other maps. Now you need to add the ‘quality’ element to this map to get more people playing.

@ Turnro: I will join your beta test when I feel better, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for helping us to keep this important thread alive: it's the only thread offering beta tests on the map develpment forum!. +Rep. I wish I could help but it's still not a good time.

@ undeadimmotral: private massage "the review was made": where? :D
I CAN'T FIND THE REVIEW

Last edited:
Greetings all!

This is just a reminder if you have a map in beta and want someone to review it, feel free to let me know :)

Thank you, again, for taking care of my thread while I had to be in the hostpital!
I am now healthy and ready to review your project, sorry for making you wait that long but I just couldn't help it.

Resurrection of the Scourge by Turnro - First Review which contain 3 chapters.

Chapter 1:

After 2 attempts to win without cheating I was forced to use godlike just so I could see what happen 10 second after the map ended running.

Spotted Bugs:
1) Critical ERROR -> When the orc fight the elves, there is sepoused to be a movie which lower the sounds: shows a grunt talks no words, then vampire talks no words, then sound goes back to normal. <- Critical ERROR
2) The overwhelming difficulty does not allow you to have fun, its impossible to win without using "whosyourdaddy".
3) The ability set for the summoner force him to learn his ultimate just so he can use one of his abilities, which had no use untill then. It also force him to destroy his ultimate summoning which is a bad set for a hero, this should be the other way arround, destroy summon as ultimate and summon as normal ability.
4) Slaying a horde of orcs and elves while they fight and use varrious types of weaponds will allow you to have only a single potion of lesser health?
5) Some texts on the first movie are too fast to read and you should add a few seconds to their showing.

~~~ The Epic Things I Liked ~~~
* The ability to choose difficulty (normal or hard).
* The ability to press esc in order to stop the movies.
* No fog of war to show you where to go.
* The hero abilities are well placed and won't cross hotkeys, some of them are new which is awesome
* The movie was intresting and can surely go on into being a super movie like bnet never seen. I really liked the doom that was under fire (hopeless epic unit) which you had to save, though it was better to swap controll so it could return the favour

Suggestions are optional and are meant for friendly people that don't get mad from reading them.

1) Provide the players with a shade so he can actually look and decide weather or not the enemy elf has too big number so he can choose to fight or to avoid the battle using the Shade, it will also make the game more intresting than just hero using.
2) Turn the doom player controlled once saved.
3) The terrain looks better than a normal terrain, atlist at a level of warcraft official terrain, its good, but I think you can do a bit better by placing many statues and stuff like that which make it seems like an epic terrain rather than "better than avarage" one.

Chapter 2 -

Spotted Bus:
1) Misspelled: "honour" -> "honor of dealing with him as we please"
2) There is no note that the gate was not invulnerable and now is attackedable for the player, you give him no key as item and hearing no sound or see no pan camera on the gate and not show him become open, only not invulnerable without sound nor sight, this should be fixed to prevent confused players.

* I didn't lose my items from last game!.
* This time, on this chapter, the terrain was great, even in warcraft 3 official term, this kind of terrain should have 8/10 and I will give this a note in my final review.
* The game is extreamly understoodable - there is nothing that the player does not understand the first second he started playing, this is, as a beta tester, one of the most imporant things for a game to have.
* I saw 3 enemies patrolling arround the map like an army should.
* During movies, the camera moves very well.

Suggestions are optional and people who need pills for blood pressure should not watch them.

1) The hero that does not have a passive should have death coil so that it will fit with the other heroes that are capable of healing.
2) Rain of fire target allies, this can be changed by choosing enemy in its stats, consider it so that the player will not reach gameover just for bad use of his own power.

Chapter 3 -
Spotted Bus:
1) The naga army is overwhelming and its impossible to win without "whosyourdaddy".

* The movie is epic during this chapter, exepts for when the naga stand in their place and neither talk nor attack even though they are able to see their enemies and after they let them talk over few minutes, they start their attack.
* The new abilities are epic (exepts the one that summon a skeleton giant that is very weak).
* The side quest was fun, difficult and rewarding at an amazing scale.
* Invading the naga using mass powerfull units was extreamly fun.
* Must defeat chapter one to see chapter two, must defeat chapter two to see chapter three, this is the first campaign that contain this special code, very great.

Suggestions are optional and people who commit suicide after they hear that someone has better solution should not watch them.

1) The terrain looks great but you can make the game more intresting by creating secret areas which contain items and only available if the player checking any conrner. This will be more fun and make the player watch the awesome terrain more.

The game has too much difficulty to it, I will put more details in the final review that will be posted once I finish the campaign.

For now, feel free to ask for anything as you are the honorary member of this thread!

Global notes:
1) The review for Turnro will continue tommorow (09/06/13)
2) Even though you allready recieved a review by my honorary member, you are welcome to ask another review by me! just write down a massage.
3) Freedom Force 2, which is my own game, will not show anymore versions, this is because it was found with too many bugs and I became bored of it, I don't know which new project I go for now on, lets just say that it will have epic hero abilities and that it will be published to whoever wanna play it as soon as its done.
4) Feel free to ask or comment about anything, thanks god, now that I am healthy, I will be able to be much more active.

Battle for Ashenvale by Chaosy

1) Misspelling "Killing a enemy" -> "Killing an enemy"
2) My enemy gets one Grunt for each Footman I have, this is imbalanced as Grunt has potential power far greater than footman in terms of Health Points and Attack Damage.
3) The game is too hard, there is no way you can win it.
4) Make iron ore and the such, a clickable items that give you the resources as they are clicked with whatever ability (Gold Coin with 0.00 gold giving, will fit your triggered gold income without changing it). This will prevent players from being forced of running all arround the map just to place the items they find in the gold maker.
5) Once dead, there is no victory massage and spawn is still available, WHY?
6) Why my hero attacks trees and mashrooms?, I mean, if there is a function to attack trees and mashrooms there should be a reward for attacking them, like for each mashroom 1 lumber and each tree 10 lumber, etc.
7) "You obtain gold when your unit dies or when you kill a unit" you obtain no gold from having a dead unit.
8) Misspelling "the enemy gold is twise as big, collect ores so you have the same ammoun of - ores " -> "gold"
9) "collect ores to obtain lumber" collecting and then selling ores gives only gold, there is no way to obtain lumber as the game is right now.
10) Trainning time is too big, and you pay 600 gold (10 minutes worth) just to have 1 more footman?
11) You can't upgrade to castle with your altar of kings, it is a custom made altar of kings and because of it, its impossible to reach tier 3, there is also no need for the shop to spawn 3 times goblin sight item as you are allways and only going to be alloweded to train a single hero during the whole game, as the altar ban further trainning after the first one.
12) Clicking "Reveal the whole map" create an item on the ground instead of placing it into the hero inventory, give blacksmith "Hero Sell" or something like this, I can't rememer, it will fix that error.
13) Keep Train peasants, but the peasants are unable to target any "TREE" for lumber gathering, why the new model of trees are un-harvestable?
14) After I built 5 peasants, it was impossible to built more (at another game the cap was 2 peasants) After I killed one of the 5 peasents, there was still no way to train a new peasant.
15) The peasants are forced to attack move toward enemy base, WHY? There is should be "if unit type not equalls to peasant" in the main trigger.
16) Hawkraider need an Arcane Vault, but the one you placed is a fake and therefor it will never be possible to train him unless you fix that error, the same goes for "Research Backpack" at the Keep.

Final Note: There is no way to win it as the player's options are too limited and there is no way to obtain lumber which is a required resource.

Suggestions:
1) Ban controll - make the spawned units to be owned by the player ally and give it the color of the original player -> and force autoattacks by giving each unit 9999999999999 acuarition range + order them to attack move toward enemy base. This is to prevent creep skipping and directly force game over.
Note that if you do intend to do it, give casters autocast abilities as turned on, for example priest should go with his inner fire autocastable ready.
2) Pressing DELETE will force the camera forward which is good, but you should make an option of "-camera" so that a player can set it back to where it was originaly.
3) Make ores clickable to allow faster gain of gold/lumber out of them.
4) Make dead trees to give the player lumber points, the same for mashrooms.
5) Make the enemy orc to spawn an hero from time to time :D
6) Make units "trainning time" faster and make victory and defeat massages.
7) Try fix all the reported bugs, there is no way to win the game as it is right now and give great attantion toward giving the player an available lumber.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It kinda ruined the game that you didn't get how to collect lumber. You collect the ores xd

1. I did it on purpose for tactical reasons you need to save units to handle enemy towers.
2. Will fix that
3. Items are clickable?
4. They are not supposed to give lumber I Will give them the locusts ability.
5. Was considering it but I gave them a gold advantage insted.
6. Will do
7. You can win I have won 3 times myself.

@bugs
Most of them were actually not bugs but I'm on a phone so I won't write about every bug

You mind testing a later version then? Like 0.5 or something since you misunderstood the whole game idea

edit: I'm very sorry. The collect trigger is missing that's why I don't know how that happend
idea

Last edited:
Resurrection of the Scourge by Turnro - Second Review which contain 3 chapters, 4 to 6.

Before Chapter 4 - Movie
Epic Movie without bugs.

Chapter 4 -

Spotted Bugs:
1)

* No bugs
* Enemy bosses was punching and using their spells as well as they could.
* Once I done killing off the enemies I got into inside mountain cave which was awesome.
* Solving puzzles so that an invisable gate go visable is fun.
* Once I done solving a mountained cave's puzzle, I started built army with an alrleady hunted mine.
* The heroes cost no upkeep like they should.
* Graveyard helps 2 of my heroes' new spells.
* The units I recived matched the game's story (ice shard summons, none-scourge units, Gouls as soon as I commanded the scourge) The game's story fits perfectly to the actual game, even the skeleton's upgrade.
* When I finished a quest and as result became able to train spiders, I was also able to research their upgrades, very impressive that your map is fully aware of its own story line.
* Once the quest in which your hero must not die ended, your hero can die without causing a game over.
* Walking about an invisable bridge found in a secret teleporation magic gate to ressurect dead necromancers to life using vampire magic was awesome.

Suggestions are optional and were not intended for people who tend to have heart attacks.

1) The bosses die in too boring way - ( after they die, revive them and they say they ascape in order to attack harder, make them say that the next time they see the hero they will explode the entire island, make them say that they are sorry and will work for him for the rest of the chapter, make them beg for their life as he kills them anyways, make them do SOMETHING).
2) While dieing to invulnerbale towers to obtain speical unit types is awesome as an optional quest, forcing me to die just to obtain victory is a terrible to fun factor, make that a side quest or overwize the quest will be boring and annoying.
3) The gold mine ends too fast, either allow a second gold mine to be placed behind guards or allow the corrent mine to have more gold.
4) Wagons and gargouls should be available just like the spiders - upon the time you are saving them (and parhaps the skeleton's upgrade too)

Chapter 5 -

Spotted Bugs:
1) How come I have banshee even though I never have acquire it?
2) The orcs are too powerfull and it is impossible to win without godmode

* Unlike any other chapter, this chapter really took the toll on me:
* The enemy had too much options, attacking me from 2 sides using 2 players.
* I had nearly no option (get 4 necro or 4 gargoils againts the 150 enemy units, I wonder?)
* I left the game to play 2 other maps just so I get the strenght to go on
* I lost 3 times and then had to use godmode to win

3) How come the enemy sword master who holds a sword, drops an axe when he lose?

* Refreshing Quest: Obtain a gold mine while you allready have one.
* Refreshing game style: Use boats to move your army.
* First Quest Style: Invade enemy army while your shades see everything.
* The enemy forces are well placed. Even on water and air, they scout, use above terrain and block entries. Smart AI.

Suggestions are optional and you should consult a doctor before reading them.

1) The built of undead base was too normal, how about adding new trained units to refresh things up?

Chapter 6 -

Spotted Bugs:
1) First movie misspellings "Defences" -> "Defenses" "honour" -> "honor" "these undead are to be exterminated at -one" -> "once".
2) Acording to the storyline, my necro book spells should have being improved due to finding 100 tomes of magic, but the spells won't.
3) There is a sound of dead necromancer in the end of the movie, this can be fixed by simply creating corpse of a necromancer instead of actually killing it, and the orc dies instantly, is this intended? cause this is confusing.

* Death Curse, which had new icon that was implanted correctly, was creative, fit warcraft and had a great value during wars.

Suggestions are not meant to be read while drinking coffee.

1) The game is so hard that it takes too much time to win, from 1.5 hours to 4 hours for each chapter, this is too much and people would leave to play other maps, consider dropping the difficualy by a huge ammount like make hero spells cooldown faster or increase their intelligence so they can cast finishing spells faster.

It kinda ruined the game that you didn't get how to collect lumber. You collect the ores xd

1) I am going to give you up to 7 days to fix all the bugs and improve the map, I will be waiting up until you say you are ready, when you are, post the map right here and I will test it.
2) I can try that zombie map though I actually most hate terror maps.
3) The continual update for my honorary member will take place tomorrow, hopefully, where I go on into episodes 7-9.

Level 13
1) The game is so hard that it takes too much time to win, from 1.5 hours to 4 hours for each chapter, this is too much and people would leave to play other maps, consider dropping the difficualy by a huge ammount like make hero spells cooldown faster or increase their intelligence so they can cast finishing spells faster.

I dont think it is too hard. But for the people thinking it is too hard you could add an easier mode?

Last edited:
@ Chaosy

Spotted Bugs:
1) Replanishment potion allways out of stock.
2) Footmans have no face?
3) Scoreboard's "GOLD" represent the enemy gold and your own killings, replace it with "STATISTICS" and gold with "Enemy's Gold" and "Kills" with "Dead Enemies" to avoid confusion.
4) The gold and lumber income from ores is not enough to built an army with.
5) Once the enemy spawned Trolls, the game is too hard its like the 2x footmans for 1x grunt means nothing cause you give the enemy 2 unit types which one is ranged and the other is greatly tanky, there was no way for me to win the game without cheating.

========
Editor Bugs
The ways with which you are using Points to order attack-move order and spawning are leaking.

Actions
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To Attack_point[1]

Set p = (Center of Blue Base <gen>)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To p
Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_p)
============================
I liked how the ores give gold and lumber automaticly.
I liked how the game was reformed in less than a day.
I suggest to put "Spawned Ores" inside "Statistics" and add 1 each 20 seconds and remove 1 whenever an ore is collected.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
1. odd will fix that
2. it is the skin nothing I can do if I dont get another skin
3. indeed I will fix thay
4. I dont agree on this point
5. I guess it is hard since you only play it once.I keep buffing the AI and I still win almost every time (5 times now). But yeah I buffed almost every unit before I uploaded it so my bad for not making it noob friendly. But the thing is I need the hard challange to keep myself playing.

it is actually not a leak since I keep using the same point all the time. thanks for the concern tho.

@i like #3
indeed a good idea.

thanks for playing it rep +. I am sorry for the hard noob hated gameplay but as said it was too easy for me to win the game so I guess the current state will be hard or extreme.

Level 31
I have been waiting for Resurrection of the Scourge's review for a while. It is good to know you are on it :)

A lot of your suggestions are understandable, and so I will implement these changes into the campaign. There's just a few questions I have with some of your points:

3) The ability set for the summoner force him to learn his ultimate just so he can use one of his abilities, which had no use untill then. It also force him to destroy his ultimate summoning which is a bad set for a hero, this should be the other way arround, destroy summon as ultimate and summon as normal ability.

I do not understand this point. What do you mean by the summoner?

1) The bosses die in too boring way - ( after they die, revive them and they say they ascape in order to attack harder, make them say that the next time they see the hero they will explode the entire island, make them say that they are sorry and will work for him for the rest of the chapter, make them beg for their life as he kills them anyways, make them do SOMETHING).

You're referring to the enemy bosses right? I'm just confused because you mentioned about them getting revived.

2) Acording to the storyline, my necro book spells should have being improved due to finding 100 tomes of magic, but the spells won't.

What makes you think this? Tichondrius only wanted to find the Shadow Order's Hideout so he could find a destructive spell which would help him on his mission. Did you get this impression form playing Chapter 4, 5 or 6?

@ Turnro

1) The summoner is the vampire with summoning ultimate (summoning himself as I figured afterwards), or so I thought, it was not like this when on the continual he got a unit ability to summon units, and solved his problam of having death pact without summoned unit.

2) They will not get revived, I suggest for them to revive since they die without talking and attack without talking. Just too odd that an enemy hero that uses summon water elemental and throw blizzard at my Heroes will do it without being a part of the story line, you could atlist make him say "What is this? vampires? where did they come from? fight them my warriors! We will not let those beasts drive us down!" as a start talk and "I will not be eaten! nooooo!" as a final chat as the vampires completly destroy his entire army.

3) The vampires originaly came to find tomes that improve their summoning abilities and they found a room with 100 tomes of magic that explain how to do so, they spent hours in that room and one of them read a random tome about reviving a lich, they originaly came FOR THAT and THEY HAVE KILLED 3 nations to get there, not in order to read a random tome that they didn't even look for. The viewer understand from this that his heroes should have a power up, as a reward of winning 3 chapters, but they won't. You should improve their skills to encourage the players and match the storyline.

@ Turnro, your review will be slowed down greatly now on, this is due to the high difficulty which I try to beat without using godmode, normal play of each chapter takes arround 1.5 to 4 hours which I simply can't efford, take this as suggestion: make things happen faster, as for the following update it will take place hopefully on 11/06/13 and contain review of 1 to 3 chapters depending on the time I could efford for it, please understand, your games are too hard, there is too much difficulty and too much hardness, you make the player run into his base any 5 minutes where you spawn 10 enemies to attack his base till it dies, you must understand this because overwize my review meant nothing: make anything easier!

The general rule of thumb for difficulty - Make your hardest difficulty 2-3 times as hard as normal.

His campaign contains 2 modes: hard and normal
Normal will create milion units that attack you from all sides using 5 players + spawns of another player that helps them, that attack your gold mine directly.
Winning this mode take atlist 4 hours and only if you were lucky enough to win.

I haven't tried the harder mode but you can tell from the normal mode that it will be impossible to win it.

Normal = need godmode hack in order to win.
You will face many more units than you have, your enemy usually have 3 or more allies and your heroes got items that give +1 strength OR make ally unit die to heal your hero by 300 hp.
All of your heroes are attacking at melee range, you get 3 or 2 heroes and usually no unit.
Hard = dunno what exactly but the enemy is overwhelming so that you die on the first minute of the game.

Level 31
@ Turnro, your review will be slowed down greatly now on, this is due to the high difficulty which I try to beat without using godmode, normal play of each chapter takes arround 1.5 to 4 hours which I simply can't efford, take this as suggestion: make things happen faster, as for the following update it will take place hopefully on 11/06/13 and contain review of 1 to 3 chapters depending on the time I could efford for it, please understand, your games are too hard, there is too much difficulty and too much hardness, you make the player run into his base any 5 minutes where you spawn 10 enemies to attack his base till it dies, you must understand this because overwize my review meant nothing: make anything easier!

I wouldn't say your reviews mean nothing. Most of the suggestions you've made are non-difficulty related and I will find them valuable in updating Resurrection of the Scourge.

I'll see what I can do for making the game easier on Normal version. In the past, I've received a lot of feedback in regards to how players have found Normal version easy. This was because they could literally destroy any enemy base with only their heroes (due to how powerful they become) and not bother to make any units.

I'll still reduce the difficulty of the campaign, but I just thought to let you know of the conflicting suggestions I have at the moment. Perhaps it would be better to include an Easy version too?

Status
Not open for further replies.