• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources

Level 17
That is merely what I'm working on as part of the job application. It wouldn't really be feasible to convert them for warcraft 3 due to how the textures are made.
I may even lose the assets anyway, if not they will probably end on unity as Stone & Sword 2.0

Level 11
Tried the new tree models and the bushes in the WE. Work like a charm, using them in my project (albeit a bit edited). I wish you had animated the palms too. I need some palm variations for my project.

Looking forward for the swamp pack. Likely I will salvage some stuff from there for my project. Those water lilies are looking awesome with the water ripples beneath them.

Level 17
Well I'm back, I'll just get my bearings and check where I left off. I'll probably upload the update tomorrow though, a bit too much 3ding at once lol.

And those are the final low poly models I was working on:
185888-albums6426-picture88464.jpg

Level 17
Nah the texture wrap is optimized for lightmap baking, it would be very inefficient if converted to wc3 not to mention it would be blurry as hell given that the texture is an atlas.
The ones it is intended for probably have their own in-house engine on par with unity or something along the lines.

Level 36
185888-albums6426-picture87756.jpg

Tree type A regular snow and dead variants modified with extra details, you should be able to update the model in your map without it messing up anything with your layout, although Glade tree type now requires glade flowers texture to be imported as well.
Grass, flowers, bushes and tree type A (dead + snow) added for Vale set.

I'll add tree type C once I finish rigging of the branches.

Download Modular Shire
Update:
Stuff that will be in the upcoming update including water lilies, undergrowth models, mushrooms small and big, roots, logs and stumps alongside tree type C for vale,glade and cove set.

185888-albums6426-picture87949.jpg

Seriously, Tal, are you forsaking us?

You can't tickle our balls like that and then leave us virgins >.>

Level 17
Lol, nope. The undergrowth model file with mushrooms and stuff got corrupted, probably while I was working on the previous assignment so I had to remake most of it.
Though here is a small update with tree type C and the lily pads (glade).

185888-albums6426-picture88648.jpg

Download Modular Shire
Give them a try, I tried to fix all bugs but they should work fine now. Tested them both with the water plane model and vanilla water.

Attachments

• S&S - Modular Shire.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

^did you make that yourself (the terrain)? :eek:

Level 17
Lol. Well fixed the mushrooms and stuff, so they should be in the pack soon.
As soon as the undergrowth models are done Ill pin the natural pack to the main post and keep updating it from there.

Meanwhile, working on the floor tiles and turf models and dabbled into the other stuff from before such as the uncharted waters expansion for modular kingdom which will bring about 20 new props and modular ship parts inspired by the Caribbean.

Like these:
185888-albums6426-picture88787.jpg

Level 10
I would like to see you make some proper cliff models. not just rocks but rocky cliffs.
at the moment its pretty hard to get some height going with the rocks, without stretching them alot.

I would also look to see some more variations of arches, pillars and such for the creation of castles and such. at the moment the pack is perfect to make houses etc, but castles and all is pretty hard.

Im a big fan of your work!
it has been drawing me back to wc3 ever since you uploaded your first pack

Level 17
Castle specific stuff is underway, with modular pieces suitable for bigger walls/towers etc.
It also has some props like castle wells, pavements and grates so that could come soon too.

About the rocks they are by far the most complex models in the pack, I'm trying to find a solution for the bigger rocks but it is a bit pain in the ass to blend the textures with the smaller ones well.
But I do have them on mind yeah ;)

Level 17
Also testing possible tiles to be bundled with the natural doodads, one grass one rock tile per set.
The grass tile designed to blend with the plants of the appropriate set while the dirt/rock tile is designed to blend with the appropriate rocks.

I'm poor at drawing, so yeah.
185888-albums6426-picture88793.jpg

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Also testing possible tiles to be bundled with the natural doodads, one grass one rock tile per set.
The grass tile designed to blend with the plants of the appropriate set while the dirt/rock tile is designed to blend with the appropriate rocks.

I'm poor at drawing, so yeah.
185888-albums6426-picture88793.jpg

The tile itself is good but I think you may want to tweak it a bit. If it blends with the plants/trees as well as it does in the picture, it will become a problem when viewed ingame as trees will merge into the ground. You either want to make it darker or lighter than the rest of the foliage so that the other vegetation actually stands out but not too much, of course. in this case, I'd say darken it a bit or change the tint. Not sure what would be better.

On a side note, can we see a small preview of the castle stuff? :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Well, the new texture looks stellar, though It seems familiar somehow. I'd strongly suggest doing something similar to what killst4r did with his stronghold pack - get the base rectangular wall shape and then the top parts be interchangeable. For instance, you have the stone base but the actual rampart could be wooden, or made of stone, or have a hoarding, same thing with towers. It's just an idea but I really liked it when I saw it here.

Level 17
They look cool. Any effects on that thing with bars though? (Sorry, I don't know what it is. I think it's.. nvm)
Lol, it is a grate, either for dungeon ventilation or some kind of old canalization system.
They will have alternate stand animation with steam coming out.

Well, the new texture looks stellar, though It seems familiar somehow.
It is procedural texture made by filter forge, by this particular filter, it is very popular filter so you may have seen it all over the place.
Most textures (except for the plants) in the pack are based on procedural stuff from ff and edited.
I can't paint for crap, even the grass tile texture is a 3ds max render to texture using the vale grass model :p lel

Level 17
Did you intentionally ignore my question? (request)
Ah lol, nope. It was just one of those times you write down a reply and close the browser without realizing you didn't press the reply button :p

I unfluffed the lilies (it was intended as some kind of glow because the flowers just looked too plain) and will add the water ripples in the next update, I'll just add some extra splashes to them.
I'll probably separate them later on into a smaller pack with SFX models like particle emitters and glows but they will be in the natural stuff for now.

Anyway , your first post seems outdated. You might want to include the Modular Manor and the Foliage pack you made. Also , please update your texture packs :)
I didn't pin the natural pack into OP yet because it is mostly incomplete, but I will finally add it once I export the undergrowth models so it is less of a pain to search for the link.
About the texture pack, coincidentally that is also something I was working on just recently.
I'll update Pragmatic pack along adding a new Skyrim themed pack.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Skyrim? Where? where?
In all seriousness, that sounds very promising and I'd love to see what you come up with. Also, pragmatic update, what will that look like if it's no secret conspiracy? :D

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I know, I meant, what will the update actually change about the pragmatic one. Hence it's the one I'm currently using I'd like to know a bit in advance what I will be working with.

Level 17
It will receive the missing textures that were/will be added with some of the new props. I think the existing textures are fine except for the log ends which I changed a bit.
I'll see if I can make something for the natural stuff too if possible.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The Natural textures are pitch perfect, for the most part. I don't know about the others, but for me, the doodads work perfectly with pragmatic and B2M/Toby/Cloudwolf/Fingolfin tiles.

Level 17
Small update, added new "Candlelight +" folder. At the moment it only contains water ripple and water splash particle emitters. (like those in the lily model)
You will find volumetric glows/occlusions, leaf/firefly/snow/fire emitters there later.
You CANNOT resize emitters in the editor, let me know if you want them bigger/smaller etc.

Also the lily pad models have their glows reduced considerably.

Download Modular Shire
185888-albums6426-picture88853.png

Last edited:
Level 17
There is still a lot to add in the long run, but I will redirect my focus onto my own projects, I'll keep updating this here and there and maybe create a smaller pack with a different theme, probably one that is poorly represented in wc3 modding.
I have found a solution to how I would make my projects time/money/effort efficient so I'll be going that direction, it will affect the development of Memento Mori but more on that on the project page soon.
I will also do more youtube stuff, herp. (a developer's diary and a bunch of 3ds max/photoshop tutorials with extra emphasis on wc3/game asset creation)

Level 14
I really think you have breathed some new life into WC3 modding (especially terraining). You, my friend, are an asset. Really incredible work.

Level 17
And the remaining new models from this update. There is still a big room to expand in vale undergrowth, so feel free to suggest stuff. The rest of the sets will receive similar stuff with variation. (toadstools for glade, glowey shrooms in caves etc etc)
There will also be some extra small shrubbery made from the tree textures for each set, but there is space for at least 3 different kinds of plants for each set still.

185888-albums6426-picture88926.jpg

And this is what the tree-based undergrowth will look like. Let me know if you would want to keep the roots (though they will mostly sink into the terrain) or just the plant.

185888-albums6426-picture88932.jpg

Last edited: