• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to... add shockwaves, make fog permanent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
i am currently modeling on a nuclear bomb special effect, but as this is my first model i have some problems finishing it ( www.mariusb.kilu.de/Nuclear2.jpg )

- How do you make a unit be rendered all the time, and not only when you can directly see it (if a fog-spreading unit isnt rendered the fog also disappears, e.g. smoke grenade)

- How can you add particle emitters to a model, which dont always face the camera? i know, theres an option in war3 model editor to lock them on XY, and this also works in the program, but warcraft doesnt show anything then

- How do you make a model with a long animation time (15 seconds) be playable with AddSpecialEffect()? (my model always hides after about 5 seconds) note, that this one isnt so important, i can still use dummy units to show the effect

Status
Not open for further replies.