• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add the sound model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I want to have a standard model, to change the sound of death and birth. Model fished. I found objects in event-War3ModelEditor program where those sounds are. The Node Manager can not figure out how to add the desired sounds to customize what is necessary. It must somehow in the model itself to import a sound? You can, of course, in the game to play when you have to, but this is an extra code, and I want to avoid it.
P.S. modify the existing sounds of the standard model does not want. I want to make a new model, which looks like a standard, but other sounds. I attach the model and sounds that I wish to add.
P.S.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

• OrbVenomMissile.mdx
    4.8 KB · Views: 68
  • OrbVenomSoundEnd.mp3
    22 KB · Views: 44
  • OrbVenomSoundStart.mp3
    16.7 KB · Views: 75
Level 29
You need to override the paths of the files you are trying to replace.

For a less tl;dr explanation, see this, however the images in that tutorial are gone for whatever reason (plus it's honestly a terrible tutorial, but meh).

For more information about why you probably shouldn't do this, or if you do, how to do it better, see this thread.

Or I might be totally wrong and things have changed since.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.