• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do I open Button Manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey friends,
I feel really dumb about this, but where's the actual executable for Button Manager? I've unzipped all the files, but there doesn't seem to be an actual program to open and use. I used this a long time ago, but I can't figure it out now that I've re-downloaded it.

I see DLL files, a MANIFEST file, and some LNG and TXT files, and that's about it.

Help!

Level 12
Er... there actually isn't. Is there something wrong with the download? I've downloaded from two locations, but the zip file just contains the files I mentioned earlier, plus a couple of folders with some images in them. What's going on?

Level 12
Okay, I figured out the problem. For some reason it's butting heads against my system when I try to extract it, claiming I need "administrator's permission" or some crap like that for the EXE file. Curse this system for not viewing me as its ultimate authority.

Level 12
Okay, new question: Does anyone know how to get around the problem with WinRAR when it says:
"Could not find this item
This is no longer located in C:\Users\Abelhawk\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DRa0.006\Button Manager
Verify the item's location and try again."
?

Level 12
Okay, I figured it out, after much flash drive-transferring and gnashing of teeth. It turns out my antivirus software was automatically deleting the exe file without my permission. So I managed to turn the program off, add Button Manager.exe as an exception, and then turn it back on.

We're good now! On to the button managing!

Level 12
I wish Blizzard would've just had a different way of programming the icons... like the borders were a separate filter so that you could just adapt them in the editor to whatever style of spell you wanted. And not worry about the disabled button filter as a separate file either.

Status
Not open for further replies.