• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Didn't Know Where To Post This, But Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I, have no TFT, and am using WinMPQ to get minimap backgrounds and simple unit files.
All of the stuff I can manage
The things I can't...
1. In the Tutorial it says to use the "Import Button". Well I see no "Import Button" in the WinMPQ I got from here.
2. When I "Import" and unit skin or model or minimap background, then save the map, then I open w/ Wc3 WE, and the "Model Files/Background Files" are just gone, and when I re-load in WinMPQ, the Files are not there either.

I thought WinMPQ saved this stuff when you quit??

I need help badly, and did not know where to post this kind of thread.

Level 2
Alright
Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Except, I refrain myself from spending 15$ on TFT (seems cheap but Idc)
I dont even play warcraft or make maps that often so there is truely no point.

Level 2
Ah, yeah man I know.
Well don't listen to them, I can help you ;D

1. When you import the Model Files, be sure to overwrite them or write them in the War3Units.doo file, after that click "Close" and the models should be saved.

2. For backgrounds, simply drag the Background file into the maps "Minimap" folder, and locate either in place of or under the "Minimap or Loading Screen" files.

Hope this helped ^^

Level 2
Wow.
Thank you so much it actually worked!
Now the units dont appear as green cubes :D.

Thanks so much for the help
+Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.