• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

game cache question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
the game cache is saved in some kind of file right ? where is this file saved ? i looked into the map with winmpq but it isnt there because i want to extract stuff saved in the game cache, so plz help me and tell me where to find it

Level 9
the gamecache is another file, not implemented in the map, it is saved on the computer of the person who saves it. Somewhere in the warcraft map i guess.

I'm not sure about this, but this is what i've heard.

Level 16
That, and even if you set your folders to view hidden files, it wouldn't work out well because Blizz pretty much protected the cache from idiots messing, and thus ruining the game, and all sorts of whatnot.

Also, the Bnetcache file, for some reason, despite its name, has absolutely nothing to do with it :? although it seemed so close

Status
Not open for further replies.