• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WinMPQ Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
My WinMPQ won't let me upload more than 64 files. If I pick more than 64 files to be uploaded into my w3m map, it will upload the first 64 and not the next. The file thingy says 64/64 or 64/something more than 64. What I'm trying to do is make the w3x map into a w3m map. I do have TFT, but I want this map available 4 RoC players. If you want to know what it is, it is KN's Tech Wars, MY MAP o.o. I've updated it (in w3x format) and it has 72 files in it. How can I get this into w3m?

Level 15
My WinMPQ won't let me upload more than 64 files. If I pick more than 64 files to be uploaded into my w3m map, it will upload the first 64 and not the next. The file thingy says 64/64 or 64/something more than 64. What I'm trying to do is make the w3x map into a w3m map. I do have TFT, but I want this map available 4 RoC players. If you want to know what it is, it is KN's Tech Wars, MY MAP o.o. I've updated it (in w3x format) and it has 72 files in it. How can I get this into w3m?

why do you need it as a w3m file

Level 3
unless you mean that wc3 won't read custom made w3m files (such as i start base from winmpq) unless they were base made by the world editor themselves, this has nothing to do with world editor. If I make a custom made one, wc3 won't read it as a w3m file, and i can put more than 64 files in it with winMPQ. If I create it BASE from World Editor, I can only put 64 files MAX in it.

p0t

p0t

Level 2
well it wont work
if the editor saves it as a w3x that means only tft can run it due to extended common mpq natives

first off thats BS, second why respond twice without even asnwering his question?

i have the same problem. im making a map with the TFT editor. i use winMPQ to extract all the files from the .w3x, then i open a blank .w3m and add the extracted files. NOT ONLY DOES THIS WORK ON ROC, but winMPQ limits the files you can add. IVE SEEN LIKE 50 ROC maps with 200+ files inside the .w3m.

please dont respond unless you actually know the right program or method. Asking why you need the map in roc is just ignorant go build your post count elsewhere.:con:

Level 11
please dont respond unless you actually know the right program or method. Asking why you need the map in roc is just ignorant go build your post count elsewhere.:con:

Irony is ironic.

Anyway, i would suggest against using winmpq at all... use MPQ master or one of the newer, faster MPQ archive editors.

.w3m and .w3x files are not just normal MPQs, as they have special headers.

The main parts of RoC that seemed to not be updated at the time of TFTs release where the inclusion of object data. Spells, abilitys, tilesets, ext, and all the art assets that goes with them. Accordign to Vex, all JASS natives work in both TFT and RoC.

Some of the file formats have changed in TFT. I'm unsure if blizzard updated RoC to use the new formats or not. Check the filespecs doc floating around all corners of the WC3 community, it should say.

And, if you want to play WC3... just get TFT... really... Do they even sell WC3 without TFT anymore?!

p0t

p0t

Level 2
thanks ive been trying a number of different editors. i have tft and i use the tft editor. but i play a lot of roc and try to make maps for both platforms. i have no problems with jass working on roc or anything like that i simply cant seem to add the 70 files i extracted into the empty roc shell. if i take a roc map with a few hundred custom files and try to add my 70 to it they all show up! but i cant erase anything it seems (at least not with the mpq editors ive tried). i realize that somewhere in the .w3m .w3x there must be a header or w/e that IDs the file as a map, does this header inculde a file limit, and is it editable? hopefully this makes sense. any other programs youd reccomend besides mpqmaster?

Status
Not open for further replies.