• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WinMPQ help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have ROC world editor so im forced to use WinMPQ to add models etc...

Okay so im working on a map and i wanted to add the "Jeep" model into it

I downloaded it, unzipped it, and moved it to my documents,
I opened my map with WinMPQ,
I added the image, full path: Jeep.blp
Now i add the model, Full path: Jeep.mdx
Now i tried to bind it over the old steam tank model, went to custom and typed "Jeep.mdx" And when i test the map, its just an invisible shadow moving around, What did i do wrong?

Level 32
First, be sure that you've read: Enhancing your RoC map with FT Features

However, if the model you are trying to import contains in-game textures present only in war3x.mpq, it may not work: some models can't be easily forced into RoC.

• [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=360"]
    peonforum.gif
    Very first post Skullsmash? !ntroduce yourself to The Hive![/self]

Level 1
Well no matter what tutorial i tried it didnt work, So i tried a new model, The handgunner
now this only has an MDX file so i imported that, and yet again the model is STILL blank...

Level 32
For the Jeep model, the problem relates to a texture file that's not present in war3.mpq.

Grab this attached file, import it into your map and set the custom path to:

Textures\Clouds8x8.blp

The handgunner is probably a similar case.

Attachments

• Clouds8x8.blp
    97.4 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.