• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Can't Use The Model Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Please help me out, I downloaded the War3MapEditor and unzip it to my desktop. Once I click on the War3MapEditor.exe it pop up a text.It said Unable to open"C://Program Files/Warcraft 3/War3Patch.mpq"Make sure Warcraft 3 is installed and the registry key"HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/InstallPath"exsist. What should I do?:cry:

Level 3
Please help me out, I downloaded the War3MapEditor and unzip it to my desktop. Once I click on the War3MapEditor.exe it pop up a text.It said Unable to open"C://Program Files/Warcraft 3/War3Patch.mpq"Make sure Warcraft 3 is installed and the registry key"HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/InstallPath"exsist. What should I do?:cry:

Exactly what it says, move the World Editor to your warcraft folder and if that doesn't work make sure you have the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Blizzard Entertainment/Warcraft III/InstallPath", if you don't you either have to make it or reinstall warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.