• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III model editor error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Never used it before of anything and I try to open it and...

"Unable to open "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\Warcraft III\/war3.mpq"!

Make sure that Warcraft 3 is installed and that the registry key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Blizzard Entertainment\InstallPath"exists!

(OK)

I press ok and it closes.

Whats the matter with it?

Mayby unrelated but my update off b.net is screwy aswell.

meh alot of people in todays society cant think for themselfs, i blame education.
also anyone with a 3 didget iq is average/above (100 is average)
so its not really an insult XD, but for everyone out there i got a little hint for you, GOOGLE, and use logic for your problems, find what the error is about and see whats different with yours than everyone elses...

Level 5
Never used it before of anything and I try to open it and...

"Unable to open "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\Warcraft III\/war3.mpq"!

Make sure that Warcraft 3 is installed and that the registry key
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Blizzard Entertainment\InstallPath"exists!

(OK)

I press ok and it closes.

Whats the matter with it?

Mayby unrelated but my update off b.net is screwy aswell.

i had the same problem.... ,,, Are you SURE you have Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne installed?, Are you SURE you have downloaded the latest patch?
Oh and one last thing, The exe file has to be placed in the warcraft 3 model editor folder unless it works just for somethime before you get error when you start up ,,, Check these point,,, if all are checked .... and it still dont work.... try re-downloading :)

Level 7
I have it installed

The update has a problem as well and I am beginning to think they are related.

~Master334

@Risc: If your just gonna tell me I have a low I.Q. why did you bother? And I don't care if you didn't have internet in your times and you assume I haven't done anything at all to try and fix this problem myself you are dead wrong.

Level 5
Bah I wouldn't really bother answering but anyway...
InstallPath needs to exist in your Warcraft III registry entry.
It doesn't, which makes me believe that you either: didn't install wc3 correctly or are logged on with a different user than you installed wc3 with. Open up regedit and make sure that path is correct (off-topic but why would someone like to install wc3 in 'My Videos'?)

Status
Not open for further replies.