• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

w3 viewer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I just started map editing a few days ago. I downloaded warcraft 3 viewer, unzipped it, and opened the .exe file. It begins to load, with the Treeview box opening in the upper left portion of the screen, then up pops the usual Microsoft error box, stating: This program has encountered an error and needs to close, blah blah blah.

I've tried unzipping the file again, DLing the .zip file again, even from other sites. No luck. So what the heck? A missing .dll would be my first guess, but I have no idea which, or how to find out.

Any help would be grand.

Level 2
I am using Windows XP, so what on earth could the issue be? I will try magos' wc3 model editor, but after hearing to much praise for Warcraft 3 Viewer, I'm reluctant to give up on it.

Level 1
>>Magos can't view custom skins on models (you have to path models).
I tried to open a mdl file on destop (Skinless) on magos. Sure no skin was viewed.

After that, i copy and paste the skin on destop, then open the mdl on magos, the model is skinned. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.