• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"Could not find map file"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello! This is my first time doing a thread and my problem is I can't play any custom game maps. I just downloaded the v. 1.31. Beta and Demo version here in HIVE and when I downloaded it and did all the instructions. I've had many problems. The first time I tried to open the application, there was only black and the movie the first time you open it did not appear but there was a sound. Second, when I successfully opened it and saw the Menu, I clicked one of the options and it crashes and freezes. I already fixed those problems and another one appeared when i thought I would finally be able to play peacefully. I didn't see a map at the "Warcraft III" folder so I created one and put all my previously downloaded custom games there. I opened the W3 app and was excited to play but when I clicked "Create Game" in one of the maps; it said "Could not find map file". I searched on google how to fix it and the first solution I saw was to turn off my "Controlled Folder Access" I had to delete all of my Anti-Viruses just to do that. I thought that would solve my problem but it didn't. Up until now I can't find the solution and been pretty stressed about it lately. I NEED HELP PLS!!! Someone said at Re**it that I should Uninstall and Install the game again but I don't wanna go through all the problems I encountered right from the start. If there's really no solution rather than Deleting and Install again then I would have no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.