• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how do i get warcraft 3 workng in windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
I will only reply for the possible benefit of other people, because you clearly need a boot on your butt rather than help, but if you could have used your brain muscles for about 1 second and used a search engine, you could have known that's a Visual Studio 2013 redist DLL, and thus you should download the redist package from Microsoft's site.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I presume you followed the link I gave you,
and then you found the part dealing with the "MSVCR120.dll Error",
and then you clicked on the link next to Solution,
and then you read the page on Battle.net,
didn't you ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
that was not the right package. msvcr120.dll was not in it. which package contains that dll file?
It was the right package. Blizzard says so, GhostWolf says so and I say so. I personally fixed such an error the other day for someone using that link I gave you.

So to reiterate...
Install the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013. You may need to find the download in your local language.

After installing you may need to restart your computer for applications to find the DLLs.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
the link lead to 3 files but only a single of them contains the dll file. if people had told me what file to get i would have gotten the right one but i got the wrong file, preventing me from getting warcraft 3 working until i downloaded the correct file.
It does not lead to 3 files...

The link leads to a page to download a single file, an installer, which installs the DLL file into your system.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
it does lead to a page to download 3 files: vcredist_x64, vcredist_arm and vcredist_x86. the correct file was vcredist_x86.

...which is clearly stated in the Battle.net page I pointed you to, using the link I gave you, which you chose not to follow.

I would suggest you bookmark this page (same link already provided in my first post)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/patch-discussion-728/bugs-issues-277415/

if people had told me what file to get i would have gotten the right one but i got the wrong file, preventing me from getting warcraft 3 working until i downloaded the correct file.
*cough* *cough*

=> :thumbs_down:

@andreasaspenberg
Welp,
What exactly do u want do.
Tell me what the heck do u trying to run.
-Added:
Maybe your dll have to do something with your Windows.
So its missing in your windows folder.
Maybe your windows is corrupted.
So that means ,that your windows is not a orginal windows product,its cracked.
So it can happen that there are missing files.
Maybe the dll. got infected by a virus,and then it got deleted by your anti-virus app.
All this can mean that u have to fix your windows,and mostly times u can do it only with one way.
So that would mean that u have to reinstall your windows.
-Added:
Try this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784
-Added:
I see that someone already have send u that link.
So im asking u now,is your windows 32 bit or 64 bit?
-Added:
U dont have to answer ,if u have fixed that dll problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 21
i am using windows 10. i followed the link leading to battle.net but i did not read a lot of the text there. instead i followed the link from there which led me to 3 files. the first time i downloaded only the 64 bit one but next time i downloaded the rest and solved the problem..

pyf

pyf

Level 32
...which means you failed to read the first six lines of text from the first post you were pointed to on Battle.net.

I can not help but notice in the OP you talk about that "something with vcr120" dll.
I will not comment any further.

Glad this problem was (most likely) solved. And please, do not forget to bookmark the page leading to the Battle.net thread.

[...] people cannot really help you.

Well it may be a possibility.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
it would however have helped if people had specified what file i needed to download as the link lead to 3 files.
Since they are OS specific and you did not mention the full details about your OS we could not really help.

If you use a 64bit OS the 64bit version should work, however I am not sure as I cannot find details as to what it installs or if it can be used by 32bit applications.

pyf

pyf

Level 32

Attachments

• sixth line - first post - battlenet - blizzard employee.jpg
    sixth line - first post - battlenet - blizzard employee.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 200
  • after clicking download for visual c++ 2013, this screen appears.jpg
    after clicking download for visual c++ 2013, this screen appears.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 240
Status
Not open for further replies.