• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

how can i downgrade to the other system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
my newest laptop came with windows 10 but that is running very slowly. there is a windows.old folder which contains 64 bit vista which should be less power hungry. i am considering 2 options. multiboot so that both systems can be switched between or downgrade to vista. how do i do either?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You will need to reinstall the operating system you require. That old windows folder for vista has long since expired and certainly cannot be processed by Windows 10. When installing you should be able to configure for multi boot with the various installation Wizards which guide you through what to do.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you are using Windows 10 then the "Windows.old" folder is for old Windows 10 versions (created every month or so by updates, deleted after a month or so). Vista has long gone and probably been deleted, if it ever existed in the first place.

Even if somehow it contains windows Vista there is no way to downgrade using it. Windows 10 does not have such a path.

Your only option is to reinstall. If you do not have the installation media you can try downloading it from Microsoft. If that cannot be done then you are out of luck.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i checked it an it contains windows vista 64 bit.
As I already said, there is no downgrade path from Windows 10 to Windows Vista. You will need to reinstall.

Even if it contains Windows Vista files, there is no way to restore them as the operating system files. How do you even know it contains Vista files? Vista uses similar files to Windows 7 and 8.

Level 27
Status
Not open for further replies.