• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Anything i can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello people

Now, i have got a laptop (i'm doomed) on which i do almost all things. It works quite well, only it is rather slow.
My specifications: (request more if you want more specifications)
-Ati Radeon Xpress 1100 128mb (double doomed)
-AMD Turion(tm) 64 x2 Mobile Technology TL-50 (triple doomed)
-2GB Ram (4x doomed?)
- 32-bit Windows Vista Home (dunno what Home Version) (5x doomed?)

Now, is there anything i can do to make it a little faster?
The problem is playing games. Laptops overal are doomed for games, but this one seems like it is even worse. My average WC3 FPS is between 0.2 and 9.0 (If i am lucky, i get a 16 fps max once ever 5 minutes, for 10 seconds), depending on the game. GTA San Andreas has almost the same problems. I can play normally sometimes, but most of the time it is laggy as hell, and once every 5 minutes or so it gets a speed up and i can play as everybody can, for a few seconds.
I got the impression that my CPU spikes sometimes or drops for a few moments, while all that is going on is the game. I tried to close all processes (or however you write it, the thing you can see when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete) that are not needed during gaming, but it makes no difference!

Am i doomed to playing Jazz Jack Rabbit 2 and Freddy Fish or is there a little hope for me?

Thanks..
-Yixx,,-

Level 16
glad that i know it =_=,, i still hope for some more positive reply though xD

*offtopic*
I havent spoken to you for months and you havent been on thread for ages and now the first place i see you again is Computer Tech? o_O

*/offtopic*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.