• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hodir Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an awesome suggestion from one of my friends to do a sick Hodir skin. for those of you who dont know who he is, he is this guy:

hodir.jpg

I still don't know what model i should use so any suggestions on model choice is most welcome. i will also be posting WIPS here.

i have posted this thread because i mean for this to be my best work yet. :)

Level 25
Models
Mountain King
Hodir is "dwarf-ish looking", and the axe can be removed.

Paladin
Simply because you can, but the problem is, Paladin is using a two-handed hammer, Hodir is not.

Faceless One
Fits his general animations and such, but his face, hands and feet will create a problem.

Grunt
His general build-up will work fine, but he doesn't have a beard, he has an axe and a helmet.

Hellscream
Just like Grunt, but better. But he also has an axe and a flag.
I would go for Hellscream if I were you, but that's not up to me to decide.

I kind of what this just to be a skin. a model change wouldn't be fair to take full credit for unless i did it. I MIGHT be able to, and the skull could certainly be geomerged if i made a smaller version of the skull of Gul'Dan. But this might turn out to be a model than a skin xD. I know a bit about geomerging so if any of that needs to be done, ill do that. but i think i might stick to the normal model.

if you are making a complete model remake, i will do it from scratch and request a UV map from you to create the skin. but if its just a couple model changes, then ill use the texture of that of the model you changed.

although i might want to use the mountain giants body with a fixed stomach and head.

alright, i'll see what i can do.

This may be too early,

but

Here, I worked on it all day,

its a bit choppy

[Skin] (uncompressed 512x512)
View attachment Hodir.blp

[What you edit]
Hodir.jpg
(based on the Ogre Skin)

i'm not the best modeller, i was just willing to help out this awesome project.

I also think the beard is alpha.

Now lets see how you can do it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.