• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post your skin work in progresses here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it's supposed to be a Holy Mage it is too bright. I suggest using gold instead of the screaming bright-yellow that you've used.

Also, her skin tone lacks abit pink.

And you should redo the thumb.. It's too fat, put some details and such on it, and it will look better. Also, some less brown shading in her skin, try make it more grey. And add some signs of darkblue or dark green - not too clearly though! Also add some more shadow under her lip.

I like the idea. :wink:

lower the saturation (intesity of the color, and incorporate more red and blue in the face, and more orange and orange-brown/bronze for the golden rims.

edit: oh yeah, here's another WIP that i actually plan to finish, the new new obsidian giant
MountainGiant.jpg

Level 2
Now that I have image editing software that can smudge, I want to refine my mechanical turtle skin so as to not make it look like I threw it together in 5 minutes (spent a month so far). I would like to show you what I'ver done since last release, so as to hopefully get moe suggestions, but I dont know how to put it into this post. Could you explain how?

Level 2

As you can see, main work since release has been with the face, trying to get across the point that this thing is still alive! Please post suggestions and/or comments
Theme to keep in mind: There are fates worse than death. (this is one of them)

Edit: is much better w/ bigger image, click on image to see bigger one, my first time using imageshack.

Level 7
antihero said:
If you use dodge and burn, then you have to mix between highlight and midtone.

Nice work afro, however the eye is looking very out of place at the moment.

12 year olds shouldn't be allow to use the internet....

go tell rui that... he's 12 too and he's only day younger than me ^_^
And older people think they can take advantage of me :) take another guess...

Level 3
iplaystarcraft said:
Human Druid WIP
picture55fo.jpg

i need help deciding hat to replace the fur with... any suggestions?

you feel guilty for taking afronights thing, removing the eyes, smudging it, and adding a yellow glow that looks aweful dont you?

Level 3
read, i said you made it look horrible. almosthere if he did take it, then all he did is the smudging, thats the original druid of the claw. lmao....

Level 8
Uhu. Well this is a Demon Hunter wich I fully recreated after using filters. All filters are only used on the armor. But since I see this skin doesn't look good ingame (the face), I don't know... So if u guys got some idea's? (the glowing on the gloves is alphaed out)
DH.jpg

Ex-AnGel said:
Uhu. Well this is a Demon Hunter wich I fully recreated after using filters. All filters are only used on the armor. But since I see this skin doesn't look good ingame (the face), I don't know... So if u guys got some idea's? (the glowing on the gloves is alphaed out)
DH.jpg

Well.. alphaing out on the gloves - forget it - they make glow/teamcolor not transparent.

And about the head..A plain color doesn't look good, you need textures in a face. The armor, wtf did you do? It's a scrached metal plate? Too much plain colors, and the sword is hardly changed. The hair need lines, shadows and highlights.

It actually need shadings all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.