• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Skin :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello everyone, i started skinning and i need your help.
ShiiK told me to post my skin here.
I'm working on savage man now :D :

2qi2rz8.jpg

4ku169.jpg

----_EDIT_----
Updated, used Mr.Goblins Tutorial for leather !
----_EDIT_----
Updated Again !

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The pants, or shorts, or hair.. or whatever it is, it lacks the part that goes around his waist. He's only got clothes on his thighs, and believe me, you do want to cover up his crotch. He would want that too, even if he's as savage as they come.

The muscles are quite poorly shaded, and they are also misplaced. I suggest you use some references to help you place the muscles right.

Body of buff human, front
muscular-anatomy-front.jpg

Body of buff human, back
MTS2_SimmyRN_1099707_muscular-anatomy-back.jpg

Body of average human, front and back with names
dennis_anatomy_chart.jpg

Finally, Mr.Goblin offers a lot of help on how to make textures, and various materials in his tutorial here.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

It actually looks more like fur than leather, but either way, what it really lacks, is shape. You need to make it look like cloth. It should have a defined edge, and it should have something to hold it up, like a belt. I also think you should pull those shorts further up.

Status
Not open for further replies.