• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My first skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello! This is my first skin I have ever made.I tried posting it to resource section but everyone says that it's just a crap.Can someone tell me what exactly is wrong with this skin? :confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Level 13
well I have to see it first before I can say anything about it. Anyway if takakenji is saying it's bad, I won't assume he's a liar.

A texture is a complex piece of art designed for a special purpose. Do it step by step, and take your time. A texture has a lot of aspects, it's not just patches of different colors, it needs to WORK when put on a 3D model. I could only repeat what takakenji said about the importance of shadows and highlights. A texture HAS to be a fine tuned composition that makes sense in this specific medium. Do you think your texture is ALIVE? If you say yes despite what takakenji said, check the skins made by some really skilled artists on this site- and think again.

Level 19
lol.

also, whats wrong your skin is everything

the colors are bad, there is no shading, it dosnt look realistic, it basically IS crap

Lol... Don't be so mean to him...

I'm sure it isn't so bad, where's that skin you were talking about?

Level 30
Being a skin moderator, I have access to deleted skins :p I have reviewed your skin and would like to recommend the following :)

• The skin needs to be 75% Free-hand work. This means drawing and making 75% of it from scratch. Copy and pasting doesnt count as freehand im afraid :)
  • You have used several filters which may be used, but are limited to 25% of your skin, provided the other 75% is freehand :)
  • If your new to skinning, read some tutorials! I remember starting and I got a fair few deleted because they weren't up to scratch :p I'd recommend reading Mr Goblins skinning tutorial. It helped me loads when I was starting out :)

But yea! Don't let some negative feedback get you down, just keep at it until your skills improve enough :D

Level 6
lol.

also, whats wrong your skin is everything

the colors are bad, there is no shading, it dosnt look realistic, it basically IS crap

Takakengi, that's really rude. He said it was his first skin. Perhaps you should be more constructive. :thumbs_down:

Status
Not open for further replies.