• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Human Archer *First Skin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, this is my first time skinning, as a matter of fact, it is my first time ever touching photoshop. :p I have tried as hard as I can, and this is what I got. (It's not finished yet.)

The last picture is the most recent. Please, I want feedback. And tell the truth, on a scale of 1 - 10, what it is. 1 being the worst you have ever seen in your life, 10 being the worst you have ever seen this year.

EDIT: Ugh, it won't seem to load into warcraft. The path for a Night Elf Archer is : Units\NightElf\Archer\Ranger.blp , correct?

Attachments

• Human Archer.JPG
    Human Archer.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Human Archer 2.JPG
    Human Archer 2.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 107
  • Human Archer 3.JPG
    Human Archer 3.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Level 3
Ugh, it won't seem to load into warcraft. The path for a Night Elf Archer is : Units\NightElf\Archer\Ranger.blp , correct?

Ugh, it won't seem to load into warcraft. The path for a Night Elf Archer is : Units\NightElf\Archer\Ranger.blp , correct?

Whoa, does no one see this? o_O It won't load into Warcraft, and I really want to see what it looks like. :/

Level 3
Well I'm suprised, normally I dread opening a "My first skin" post, this one is actually decently done, -shading.

A bit of work and this thing could shape up into a nice skin =) I too would like to see how it wraps before judging it though.

Thanks. :) So, does anyone want to help me and try to import it to a map?

EDIT: I tried it again, but the skin only worked for the screen with the unit, when it's selected. W/e it's called. I managed to get a screen shot of it. (WOW! It really sucks. . .)

Attachments

• Head2.JPG
    Head2.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Level 18
Ohh yea
I just remembered for some reason
The skin needs two paths
One for the portrait which you get when you open the war3x.mpq
And one of the model which you get by opening the war3.mpq
Just use the open mpq function in a model editor

Level 3
Okay, Camel, doing what you told me to do, this is what I have so far. The .tga may look extremly wtflolbbq horrible, but in-game, its extremly wtflol horrible.

EDIT: Did more work to the texture.

Attachments

• Head4.JPG
    Head4.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Head3.JPG
    Head3.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • Seperator.JPG
    Seperator.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 111
  • HeadFinal .8    3.JPG
    HeadFinal .8 3.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 128
  • HeadFinal .8.JPG
    HeadFinal .8.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 122
  • HeadFinal .8    2.JPG
    HeadFinal .8 2.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Level 3
It pretty much looks like all you did was make part of it darker and add more chain mail which I suggested you got rid of.

1. The chainmail remained the same since the second time you told me to do what you told me to. (I just didn't post the .tga)
2. I followed what the video did. Maybe I just did it bad.

EDIT: Here is what I have, I'm trying to get rid of the chainmail.

Attachments

• Test 2.jpg
    Test 2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Test 3.JPG
    Test 3.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.