• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post your skin work in progresses here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I want this W.I.P. to last longer then my others.
If you are working on a skin and need feedback just post it here.
Afronight76,Pins,Physco 2000,juice_f and leopard,you guys should post your stuff here,though anyone is welcome.

Now for my skin.
Its style is like mr_physco2000 and afronights76 put together thats a little more blurry and with some photorealism attempt.
More recent pic below
or
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/1147/sssam38aj.jpg
click on link.

Its a paint over of leopards cartoony style skin:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Skins&ID=4247
looks pretty bad on the model so far,I think you can tell the parts i did(the arms and working on the hands as of now.

so instead of making a new thread to post your skin work in progresses(wips)here,CMON...
-halo aka staby

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
Come on afro i wan't to see what you did with all those work in progresses you were doing,post them here.

Now as for my skin,I didn't use and texture filters/overlays,When ever i used them they just made my skin look ugly and ruined the skin tones.When Im done with all the body parts i might put some texture overlays for a finishing touch but for now its just all pixel art,every detail was painted in.
I did use lots of reference vgsatomi but mostly I just ripped off my flesh from my very manly verile body,nah joking.
In my update i did the hands,eyes and face.
Next im doing legs,beard and body in that order.

So you skinners just post your wips...

not bad,t he only problem though is that barely any detail will be seen in game, itll just look like a pink blob basically. oh and ive been a bit busy so i havent had time to work on all those wips.

edit: nvm i found a couple that i havent shown yet
HeroBladeMaster.jpg

Druidoftheclaw13.jpg

RiflemanElite.jpg

Level 11
Those are nice afro.
I know what you mean by being to busy to finish.
I like yours the most in the order you posted them.
I finished my skin:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Skins&ID=4373

I know I cant see any of the details,thats why im making a higherpoly version with a normal map right now so I can hopefully put it in quake4.
But anyways...
Come on other people...you know you want to.
-halo aka mrstaby

Level 11
Horay people posted W.I.P.'s

Whitehorn:
At least put gradients in them for a slightly shadowed effect.
It's minimum work and wc3's color pallete likes them.

Antihero:
Nice imitation of piors midget,flaming penis man :p
The eyes look so identical its as if you copy and pasted them.Whats your p.count account bytheway?
I'm CMB since halo isnt the most original name,this was my first forum ever anyways.Oh and nice skin.

Now for mine.

speedtexture2yq.jpg

It's a quick skintone test I did.
No dodge,burn,smudge used at all.
All hand painted.(except for the uvwmap)
It's about half done.

Oh and goliath that skin is too blurry/smudgy.
Try painting with out the smudge tool,blend color in manualy like I did.
Use multiple layers if you need too.

Come on people keep on posting...
Leopard or Afrongiht_76 if this gets big enough do you wan't to sticky it?

-halo aka CMB,staby

Level 15
Thanks man halo, the eyes are not cnp, thats just probably the one area where I tried to make it the most like his skins as possible...good to know I got it right.

I just lurk at polycount since I don't have a modeling program that would enable me to download sdk. Kind of a bummer. I love piors work though....his style is just so fantastic.

Nice skin tones by the way, you've really improved a lot.

Level 18
Whitehorn is ownage with a white horn so lookout or youll get owned by the horn.

its obvious the first two are not done anyone who has skinned for sometime can tell when a skin is done... and dont tell a vetran that he needs to change the way he is doing somthing thats just like telling your anus how to crap... ok im going back to the table and sleepy soon.

Level 11
About 20 more minutes
speedtexture5pq.jpg

I kind of screwed up with the skintones.
But I realy screwed up by adding hair.

Antihero I sugest you download Gmax.
Its a very good 3d package thats free,works like 3dsmax and is well...great for people who primarily skin,since it doesn't have useless options and stuff.
The bad thing is taht in 2002 was its last update,discreet/auto desk has forgoten about it since it acquired a big 3d package that was rivaling it(maya) and now is merging them or something.
So it will be availible on the internet for a limited time.

Oh and Sansui What have you been up to other then schoolwork?
-halo aka cmb

Level 18
well ive been up to

parties
sports
RIT
sleeping
maybe soon ill start skinning again... when it snows... when it snows

gmax sucks.

i have 3dsmax but too bad my cdkey is on my home pc and im way too lazy to get it... owell i have free versions of invetor and softworks and shit like that. did i mention i received photoshop and a buncha programs like flash and dremweaver for free from my college.

Gmax didn't work well anyways.. I've tried it.. And I coulnd't get the hang of it.. I could change the proporsjons of a blade f.ex. but any interesting changes was impossible for me.. I'm probably stupid. ^^

Now I use a shit program that only is good for adding emitters.. probably a little more tho.. haven't figured it out yet. It's named "War3ModelEditor". You may find a link in a thread about How to model or something. Whitehorn sugested it, I think. :p

@halo, Yup.. you screwed up with the hair.. hehe. But the rest is very realistic, very nice. The eyes should maybe be a little more clear tho, he look a bit sick, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.